Suzzianne, so blonde, so dumb! 😵
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 11:35
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Suzzianne, so blonde, so dumb! 😵
    You can lead a Robbie to your doorstep, but you can't make him leave.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 12:201 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    You can lead a Robbie to your doorstep, but you can't make him leave.
    Surely you jest! One tip o' the pilgrims hat and I'm good and I'm gone. Suzzianne is an Essex girl 4 sure! 😵
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 12:242 edits
    Not sure what you are slobbering about, there was no equivalent for the constant I, Latin scholars substituted J. It has worked well since or are you disputing your beloved King James version of the Bible which has the divine name in full in at last four place and in abbreviated form in various other places including proper names. e.g EliJAH, AdoniJ ...[text shortened]... or in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength: - Isaiah 26:4

and Amen to that Pilgrim Robbie
    Jehovah is the Almighty God and the Mighty God as well.

Psalm 50:1

American Standard Version
    The Mighty One, God, Jehovah, hath spoken, And called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof.

World English Bible
    The Mighty One, God, Yahweh, speaks, and calls the earth from sunrise to sunset.

Joshua 22:22

The Mighty One, God, Jehovah, the Mighty One, God, Jehovah, he knoweth; and Israel he shall know: if it be in rebellion, or if in trespass against Jehovah (save thou us not this day,)

Recovery Version

The Mighty One, God Jehovah; the Mighty One, God Jehovah; He knows, ...
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 12:504 edits
    Actually your translation seems rather loose and inaccurate, no surprise there though, Trinitarians revel in anything that confirms their bias even if it has no real scriptural basis like their dogma. Lets look at the actual term that your translators have translated Mighty God in Pslam 50:1

The actual Hebrew reads 'El Elohim'. The actual Hebrew for Mighty God as found in the book of Isaiah 9:6 where Jesus is described as a Mighty God is El Gibbôr (Mighty God) Furthermore the term El in the phrase 'El Elohim' is a noun, not an adjective.

http://biblehub.com/text/psalms/50-1.htm

A more accurate rendering is therefore is not 'Mighty One', but 'God of Gods' as in the New World translation of the Holy Scriptures published by the Watchtower Bible and tract society inc.

The God of gods, Jehovah, has spoken
    He summons the earth
    From the rising of the sun until its setting.
    Psalm 50:1

at Joshua 22:22 its even more definite the exact same phrase El Elohim being rendered as 'God of Gods'
    http://biblehub.com/text/joshua/22-22.htm

and thus the New world translation accurately renders the verse as

“The God of gods, Jehovah! The God of gods, Jehovah! He knows, and Israel will also know. If we were rebellious and unfaithful to Jehovah, do not spare us this day.

This begs the question why have your translators taken such liberties with the word of God? Surely they will be held accountable?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 14:092 edits
    Actually your translation seems rather loose and inaccurate, no surprise there though, Trinitarians revel in anything that confirms their bias even if it has no real scriptural basis like their dogma. Lets look at the actual term that your translators have translated Mighty God in Pslam 50:1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The American Standard Bible 1901 is the one your organization use to take from house to house. Maybe that was before you became a member.

At any rate, asking the tambourines to quiet it down in the backround doesn't change that Jehovah is the Mighty God, the God of God's, and the Almighty God.

Cool emotions don't change this.

The Mighty One, God, Jehovah, the Mighty One, God, Jehovah, he knoweth; and Israel he shall know: if it be in rebellion, or if in trespass against Jehovah (save thou us not this day,)

It wasn't too loose for the Watchtower Society to print thousands of copies and use them in their door to door "evangelism".
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 14:21
    The child born will be called "Mighty God" Isaiah 9:6

Jehovah is the Mighty God Isaiah 10:21

"... Jehovah, the Holy One of Israel, in truth. (v.20b)

A remnant will return, the remnant of Jacob, to the mighty God." (v.21)

New American Standard 1977
    A remnant will return, the remnant of Jacob, to the mighty God.

Jubilee Bible 2000
    The remnant shall become converted, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God.
    King James 2000 Bible
    The remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God.

American King James Version
    The remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, to the mighty God.

A remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    The remnant shall be converted, the remnant, I say, of Jacob, to the mighty God.

Darby Bible Translation
    The remnant shall return, the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God.

English Revised Version
    A remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God.

Webster's Bible Translation
    The remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, to the mighty God.

World English Bible
    A remnant will return, even the remnant of Jacob, to the mighty God.

I don't know Robbie. Do you think all these Hebrew to English translators are dancing with too many snakes ??
  9. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 14:47
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b] Actually your translation seems rather loose and inaccurate, no surprise there though, Trinitarians revel in anything that confirms their bias even if it has no real scriptural basis like their dogma. Lets look at the actual term that your translators have translated Mighty God in Pslam 50:1

------------------------------------------------------ ...[text shortened]... Watchtower Society to print thousands of copies and use them in their door to door "evangelism".[/b]
    Now you see for yourself how knowledge of the True God can advance!!
    (Proverbs 4:18) But the path of the righteous is like the bright morning light That grows brighter and brighter until full daylight.
  10. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 14:502 edits
    btw, although the trinity is not taught in the Bible, it has been taught in pagan religions all the way back to the tower of Babel in Nimrod's day.
    So what are triniarians really believing in, which trinity of gods?
    (Isaiah 42:8) I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else, Nor my praise to graven images.
    (Psalm 83:18) May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You/// alone ///are the Most High over all the earth.
    or as Paul said:
    (1 Corinthians 8:6) there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him;
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 14:53
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b] Actually your translation seems rather loose and inaccurate, no surprise there though, Trinitarians revel in anything that confirms their bias even if it has no real scriptural basis like their dogma. Lets look at the actual term that your translators have translated Mighty God in Pslam 50:1

------------------------------------------------------ ...[text shortened]... Watchtower Society to print thousands of copies and use them in their door to door "evangelism".[/b]
    I have shown you why it is loose it should be enough for your ongoing education.
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 15:43
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    ''You Can Lead A Man to 'Knowledge', But You Can’t Make Him Think''
    Who's the smart one now
    http://captainbringdownsdailydowners.blogspot.com/2011/07/you-can-lead-man-to-water-but-you-cant.html?m=0
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 19:33
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Who's the smart one now
    http://captainbringdownsdailydowners.blogspot.com/2011/07/you-can-lead-man-to-water-but-you-cant.html?m=0
    Still me.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 02:259 edits
    I have shown you why it is loose it should be enough for your ongoing education.
    What Jehovah is called in Isaiah 10:21 - ..."the mighty God" is what the child born will be called " ... Mighty God" in Isaiah 9:6.

The word used transliterated is gibbowr in both cases.
    It is entry # 1368 in the Hebrew and Chaldee Dictionary of the Old Testament.

Some definitions and usages of the word in Strong's Exhaustive Concordance are as follows -

powerful; by impl. warrior, tyrant: - champion, chief, ... giant man, man, mighty (man, one) strong (man), valiant man.

Jehovah is the Mighty [ gibbowr ] God using Strong's Concordance - # 1368 ]

Jeremiah 32:18 -

" American King James Version
    You show loving kindness to thousands, and recompense the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them: the Great, the Mighty God, the LORD of hosts, is his name,

who showest lovingkindness unto thousands, and recompensest the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them; the great, the mighty God, Jehovah of hosts is his name;

Darby Bible Translation
    who shewest mercy unto thousands, and recompensest the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them, thou, the great, the mighty God, -- Jehovah of hosts is his name;

Recovery Version
    " ... O great and mighty God, whose name is Jehovah of hosts."

Webster's Bible Translation
    Thou showest loving-kindness to thousands, and recompensest the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them: the Great, the Mighty God, JEHOVAH of hosts, is his name,

World English Bible
    who show loving kindness to thousands, and recompense the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them; the great, the mighty God, Yahweh of Armies is his name;

Young's Literal Translation
    Doing kindness to thousands, and recompensing iniquity of fathers into the bosom of their sons after them; God, the great, the mighty, Jehovah of Hosts is His name,
  15. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 20:35
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I say Yahweh. Jehovah came about in 1520 by Peter Galatin. You learn something new every day.
    http://www.yaiy.org/literature/IsHisName.html
    to think the Creator of the Universe would stoop so low as to argue over the spelling of a name. A name that mankind gave him. For the name He gave Moses was "I am" .

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree