1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 23:09
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    to think the Creator of the Universe would stoop so low as to argue over the spelling of a name. A name that mankind gave him. For the name He gave Moses was "I am" .
    That's why I'm always uncomfortable with this list saying it out loud. I use I'm instead. http://www.savedhealed.com/iamlist.htm
  2. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 00:37
    to think the Creator of the Universe would stoop so low as to argue over the spelling of a name. A name that mankind gave him. For the name He gave Moses was "I am" .
    The name He gave Moses is translated as,"I will become what I chose to become" or "I will prove to be what I will prove to be".
    This fits Jehovah's role as the Creator as He not only becomes what He wants to become but He also caused to become the physical universe and intelligent creatures.
    He also continues to cause His Will and Purpose to be realized.
    "i am" is a simplification that was ascribed to by those who were looking for some way to give validity to the idea that Jesus is god.
    Actually what Jesus was referring to was not a divine nature but just that he was alive:
    (John 8:58) Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to you, before Abraham came into existence, I have been.”
    Jesus never claimed he was God or equal to God.
    He said God was his Father as God is to all of us.
    (John 20:17) Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’”
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 00:40
    Originally posted by roigam
    The name He gave Moses is translated as,
    "I will become what I chose to become"
    or
    "I will prove to be what I will prove to be". ???
    I give up.

Which is it?
  4. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 00:572 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I give up.

Which is it?
    both and more

see Eph 1:8-10 to understand why people have been so focused on Jesus.
    (Ephesians 1:8-10) This undeserved kindness he caused to abound toward us in all wisdom and understanding 9 by making known to us the sacred secret of his will. It is according to his good pleasure that he himself purposed 10 for an administration at the full limit of the appointed times, to gather all things together in the Christ, the things in the heavens and the things on the earth. Yes, in him

Jehovah God is using Jesus to cause His Creation to be restored to it's original perfect condition.
    (Genesis 1:31) After that God saw everything he had made, and look! it was very good.
  5. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 11:42
    The name He gave Moses is translated as,"I will become what I chose to become" or "I will prove to be what I will prove to be".
    This fits Jehovah's role as the Creator as He not only becomes what He wants to become but He also caused to become the physical universe and intelligent creatures.
    He also continues to cause His Will and Purpose to be realized. ...[text shortened]... hers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’”
    Before you go on with your translation of "I am" , please take time to seek out the original texts in Hebrew, then try to have it translated to English. The original text can not be set in English. Where we read " I " in the English text, when God is taking of himself, It is a singular plural noun, in other words, we don't have the word for it. It would be literally translated as " I's " . Please take all the time to explain why God would say "I's" ,
  6. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 16:57
    Before you go on with your translation of "I am" , please take time to seek out the original texts in Hebrew, then try to have it translated to English. The original text can not be set in English. Where we read " I " in the English text, when God is taking of himself, It is a singular plural noun, in other words, we don't have the word for it. It would be literally translated as " I's " . Please take all the time to explain why God would say "I's" ,
    Hey, nobody is forcing you to understand.
    You have free will. Do as you please.
    As for me and my household, we recognize Jehovah as our Heavenly Father, Creator.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 17:392 edits
    This explanation is not that good because it is true but incomplete. That makes it problematic.

If God restores the whole universe to be a paradise yet does not accomplish the dispensing of Himself into man for the building up of His living temple and house, the eternal purpose of God is STILL unfulfilled.

Let me repeat. If God makes every galaxy and every planet a paradise yet does not dispense His life into man so as to unite and mingle with man for the building up of the corporate Body of Christ, His eternal purpose is still not accomplished.

A happy earth does not mean God has reached His goal.

For God in Christ to marry a counterpart who corresponds to Himself as an eternal "spouse" for an eternal union, mingling, blending and incorporation, will be the climax of His will .
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 17:402 edits
    Go on from the early chapters of Ephesians to chapter five.
    And I think you should get a better translation of Ephesians also.

Here is 8 - 10 in my Recovery Version.

Which he caused to abound to us in all wisdom and prudence, (v.8)

Making known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Himself, (v.9)

Unto the economy of the fullness of the times, to head up all things in Christ, the things in the heavens and the things on the earth, in Him.

But you must notice that in chapter two, God wants to build a living corporate "house" as a "temple" in which God lives in His people.

" ... but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,

Being built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the cornerstone; In whom all the building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord;

In whom you also are being built together into a dwelling place of God in spirit." (Eph. 2:19b-22)

That is a corporate God-man as the enlargement and expansion of Christ the God-man.
    That is a dwelling place within humanity of God - a living habitation of God.

This is why we must let Christ into our hearts. For for Christ to be imparted into our hearts is an initial part of Him building man up into a habitation of God in spirit. That entity is also, as we see in chapter 5, His wife and bride.

" ... Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her that He might sanctify her, cleansing her by the washing of the water in the word,

That He might present the church to Himself glorious, not having spot or wrinkle or any such things, but she would be holy and without blemish ...

This mystery is great, but I speak with regard to Christ and the church, Because we are members of His Body." ( See Eph. 5:26 - 29)
  9. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 22:55
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I give up.

Which is it?
    You know, sometimes i can't take it either, It is all so ridiculous. Like a Eternal being really cares what name you call him.

How about a beer?
  10. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 23:31
    Hey, nobody is forcing you to understand.
    You have free will. Do as you please.
    As for me and my household, we recognize Jehovah as our Heavenly Father, Creator.
    I was just asking. I had this conversation with a number of elder members of the J. W.'s

You see, when the J. W.'s come to the door, i'm all for it. Let us talk. And for every week, for the following seven weeks, i had two J. W.'s come back to my door. I did notice, each week would be a pair a little more learned of scripture. Finally i was invited to a meeting with three elders.

So when the question came up about the One God, i gave them my answer. And i had gone to the library for that answer. I showed them the literary translation, and the grammar involved. How the Hebrews understood that God and the Spirit of God were two Beings yet One. And that the Hebrew word when it come to talking with Moses reflects that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree