1. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 19:30
    Originally posted by whodey
    Christ said that his followers should love those who hate them and do good to them who depitefully use them. In fact, when they came to take Christ to the cross Peter raised a sword to defend him but Christ rebuked him and even healed the man whom he tried to kill.

Conversely, you have a man like Mohammad who conquered with the sword and told his follower ...[text shortened]... en only comes down to your "interpretations" in regards to the right time to kill the infidel.
    You cant answer the question can you.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 19:32
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i am not uncomfortable, it has practically no relevance, you dont like that i pointed it out and have become, well, defensive. sigh, whats new. Please note, this topic is not about me, nor of Christianity, but Islam, one indeed wonders why this should be so hard to understand.
    The topic is about whatever we choose to make it. Currently it is your blatant dishonesty and how that contrasts with your claims in another thread about the high moral standards of your religion. But I guess that if you were dishonest in that thread too, that explains it.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 20:401 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The topic is about whatever we choose to make it. Currently it is your blatant dishonesty and how that contrasts with your claims in another thread about the high moral standards of your religion. But I guess that if you were dishonest in that thread too, that explains it.
    this is the spirituality forum, the topic under discussion is Islam and whether it is a religion of peace, why you fail to comprehend that i have no idea, perhaps English is not your first language, perhaps you are so devoid of the power to reason that you cannot see the constituent parts so as to make a whole, or perhaps you were brought up without manners and unable to act in a civil way? there could be so many reasons, which have absolutely nothing to do with the topic, Noobster was correct, insults and personal grievances, tabloid expressions and sleaze for many is the mainstay, i am sorry i want no part of it, if you are able to post something with content then please do so, your last statement is more a reflection of your emptiness than it is of me.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '10 02:32
    You cant answer the question can you.
    What is your question again?
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Nov '10 11:19
    What is your question again?
    Do you, or do you not, as a Christian, accept that God gave certain people in the O.T. licence to kill in the name of God?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '10 12:49
    Do you, or do you not, as a Christian, accept that God gave certain people in the O.T. licence to kill in the name of God?
    In the Old Testament, yes.

The Bible is consistant on one theme and that is the war against sin that seperates man from God. However, there are two different ways of attacking it that we see both in the OT and NT. Since the goal is the destruction of sin, you have two options. You either destroy the sinner or destroy the sin in peoples lives. Through Christ we now have a new method of attacking sin by destroying the sin in peoples lives rarther than destroying the sinner.

Of course, the focus of the OT was the creation of the nation of Israel who would then bring the Messiah into the world. Again, the focus has always been to bring to the world grace. Unfortunately, this path has been bloody at times but the need for that is over.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Nov '10 05:04
    In the Old Testament, yes.
    So why would you post:

Of course, it does not help matters when Mohammad gives his followers liscence to kill in the name of God for various reasons. This is an aspect that Christians simply cannot relate to.

Surely you can relate to the OT? You seem to have a deep understanding of it that us atheists would never get.
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    18 Nov '10 21:30
    Originally posted by divegeester
    There is much disturbing evidence to the contrary and I find myself becoming increasingly concerned about the impact on the non-Islamic cultures and religions as Islam grows in political and spiritual weight in the west. I've not seen my debate on his subject in this forum and was wondering what views there are here.
    this is an interesting website:

http://www.squidoo.com/vaticanislamconspiracy

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree