1. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 13:00
    This is all going by the assumption that God and His Son would follow a 'religion'. 'Religion' is a human manner of interpreting the idea of God. Islam, Judaism, Christianity, and perhaps other all believe in the same God, but view him differently.

Wouldn't God and Jesus be themselves?

Say a group of pygmies worshipped me (not as unrealistic as you might think 😀), I wouldn't have to subscribe to any way of thinking other than my own -- there would be no need to put a label on it. Of course, the pygmies would be known as 'Huemites', and other groups may come up with separate ideas about me (the 'Alessians', of course), some right and some wrong, but it doesn't mean that I would have to choose one.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 13:03
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    The first dog in history was still a wolf. Its pups perhaps could be called dogs.

If Muslim means "submits to god", then Adam and Eve were muslims, right?
    how can you say "the first dog was a wolf". either he exhibited the traits of a dog and he was a dog or he was a wolf. a wolf with minor dog traits is no longer a wolf that is certain

"if Muslim means "submits to god", then Adam and Eve were muslims, right?"
    that is what the muslims are preaching yes. abraham, isaac and jesus were all muslims.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 13:23
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    how can you say "the first dog was a wolf". either he exhibited the traits of a dog and he was a dog or he was a wolf. a wolf with minor dog traits is no longer a wolf that is certain

"if Muslim means "submits to god", then Adam and Eve were muslims, right?"
    that is what the muslims are preaching yes. abraham, isaac and jesus were all muslims.
    Perhaps a better suggestion is : The first dog wasn't call a dog until much later, and then the first dog was long time forgotten.

Like the first primate that was a human. What did he/she called him/her-self?

About the first muslim, a good paradox, isn't it?
    Next question: Was the first muslim a jew?
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 13:521 edit
    Perhaps a better suggestion is : The first dog wasn't call a dog until much later, and then the first dog was long time forgotten.

Like the first primate that was a human. What did he/she called him/her-self?

About the first muslim, a good paradox, isn't it?
    Next question: Was the first muslim a jew?
    the first muslim is a paradox only when you check only the meaning of the word muslim. but a muslim is better described by his tenet of faith(sort of).
    paraphrased it is something like this "I believe god is the only god and Mohammed is his messenger". which clearly puts adam and eve outside this religion. well the fact that they never existed is better proof they are not muslim 😀

which came first, the chicken or the egg?
  5. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 14:06
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    the first muslim is a paradox only when you check only the meaning of the word muslim. but a muslim is better described by his tenet of faith(sort of).
    paraphrased it is something like this "I believe god is the only god and Mohammed is his messenger". which clearly puts adam and eve outside this religion. well the fact that they never existed is better proof they are not muslim 😀

which came first, the chicken or the egg?
    Easy, the egg.
  6. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 14:24
    Originally posted by stoker
    in heaven there will be no religon as we will have god as our father
    Does this mean that currently nobody is in heaven, because religion still exists, or does the end of religion require a certain population in heaven?
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 14:48
    Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
    Does this mean that currently nobody is in heaven, because religion still exists, or does the end of religion require a certain population in heaven?
    it means that in heaven there is no religion because we would all know who the grand poobah is (god). when you know for a fact you are not making religion anymore
  8. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 15:13
    Wasn't Luther a catholic during his life? Did he ever call himself a lutheran?

Did Muhammed call himself a muhamedan? Even a muslim?

Did Buddha call himself a buddhist?

I've never called myself a Fabianist...
    Did Muhammed call himself a muhamedan? Even a muslim?

I don't know what you mean by "muhamedan", but of course prophet Mohammed called himself Muslim. And the Quran called him and every one who belive in the only one GOD muslim.

I can give you references if you want but the quick thing in my mind is the following verse:

[i]Al Anaml 27.91:[91] I (Muhammad (peace be upon him)) have been commanded only to worship the Lord of this city (Makkah), Who has sanctified it and to Whom belongs everything. And I am commanded to be from among the Muslims (those who submit to Allâh in Islâm).[/b]

Of course this is a translation...

----------------------------------------------
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 15:34
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    [b]Did Muhammed call himself a muhamedan? Even a muslim?

I don't know what you mean by "muhamedan", but of course prophet Mohammed called himself Muslim. And the Quran called him and every one who belive in the only one GOD muslim.

I can give you references if you want but the quick thing in my mind is the following verse:

[i]Al Anaml 27.91:[91 ...[text shortened]... .[/b]

Of course this is a translation...

----------------------------------------------[/b]
    Thank you for the prompt and nice respons.

I think there are a lot of things that I don't know about Islam, that I would like to know. But I rarely find the correct questions...
  10. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 15:391 edit
    Thank you for the prompt and nice respons.

I think there are a lot of things that I don't know about Islam, that I would like to know. But I rarely find the correct questions...
    🙂

when you find the correct question I will be happy to try to answer?

EDIT:

I just forgot to add that we belive that Jesus was Muslim.

Actually the name Jews is not the name of the religion, it is the name of a tribe. So jesus was a Jew after his tribe, but he was Muslim (taking the meaning of the word as the one who submitted to Allah (GOD))

The bible doesn't call the religion accepted by GOD as Christianity or Judaism. Actually the two words do not exist in the Bible, or at least christianity. So even of we used the Bible, we can't assign a religion to Jesus that doesn't exist in the Bible.

But Quran calls the only accepted religion Islam.

This was not ment to prove what religion is correct, and which is wrong, I just clarifying things.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 15:501 edit
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    🙂

when you find the correct question I will be happy to try to answer?

EDIT:

I just forgot to add that we belive that Jesus was Muslim.

Actually the name Jews is not the name of the religion, it is the name of a tribe. So jesus was a Jew after his tribe, but he was Muslim (taking the meaning of the word as the one who submitted to Allah (GOD))
    was not ment to prove what religion is correct, and which is wrong, I just clarifying things.
    I created a new thread for the purpose of posing questions about Islam:
    Thread 96388

Your note about Jesus as a Muslim is very interesting. Jesus lived before Mohammed, can you elaborate this further?
  12. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 16:23
    Originally posted by Badwater
    It's not like "Christ" is his last name.
    Then what was his last name?
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 16:24
    Thread 96388

Your note about Jesus as a Muslim is very interesting. Jesus lived before Mohammed, can you elaborate this further?
    I did answer you there.

Thread 96388

I did answer you there? Hope you did read it!!

As we belive Islam is alsways the religion of Allah. Allah sent prophets to people to always reminds them with his religion and to change laws when required (becuase of the change in culture, time, and everything). People always tend to deviate from the straight line, and every time this happen Allah send another prophet to return them back.

Jesus was one of these prophets. He was sent to Jews when they changed their religion and invented Judiasm. He came to return them to the religion and the laws of Moses with some modifications.

Quran Say:

AL-E-IMRAN : 3
    [45] (Remember) when the angels said: "O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allâh gives you the glad tidings of a Word ("Be!" - and he was! i.e. 'Isâ (Jesus) the son of Maryam (Mary)) from Him, his name will be the Messiah 'Isâ (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), held in honor in this world and in the Hereafter, and will be one of those who are near to Allâh."

[46] "He will speak to the people in the cradle and in manhood, and he will be one of the righteous."

[47] She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me." He said: "So (it will be) for Allâh creates what He wills. When He has decreed something, He says to it only: "Be!" - and it is.

[48] And He (Allâh) will teach him ('Isâ (Jesus)) the Book and Al-Hikmah (i.e. the Sunnah, the faultless speech of the Prophets, wisdom), (and) the Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel).

[49] And will make him ('Isâ (Jesus)) a Messenger to the Children of Israel (saying): "I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, that I design for you out of clay, a figure like that of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allâh's Leave; and I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I bring the dead to life by Allâh's Leave. And I inform you of what you eat, and what you store in your houses. Surely, therein is a sign for you, if you believe.

[50] And I have come confirming that which was before me of the Taurât (Torah), and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you, and I have come to you with a proof from your Lord. So fear Allâh and obey me.

[51] Truly! Allâh is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him (Alone). This is the Straight Path.

[52] Then when 'Isâ (Jesus) came to know of their disbelief, he said: "Who will be my helpers in Allâh's Cause?" Al-Hawâriûn (the disciples) said: "We are the helpers of Allâh; we believe in Allâh, and bear witness that we are Muslims (i.e. we submit to Allâh)."
  14. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 16:52
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    So the man who said "I am the way, the truth and the light" was a Jew?
    Why not? Is that such a horrible idea?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 23:29
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Why not? Is that such a horrible idea?
    Not quite Jewish orthodoxy, though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree