1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 05:16
    Is Jesus still Jewish, or do you suppose he has converted to something else after all these years?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 06:42
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Is Jesus still Jewish, or do you suppose he has converted to something else after all these years?
    He hasn't converted as far as I know.
    I haven't read anything in the newspapers about it anyway.
    He is still jew. But dead since 2000 years.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 07:24
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    He hasn't converted as far as I know.
    I haven't read anything in the newspapers about it anyway.
    He is still jew. But dead since 2000 years.
    jew as in religion or jew as in ethnicity? coz from the religious point of view it would be very bad PR if he wasn't christian. if the son of god doesn't believe he is the son of god then christianity is kind of pointless
  4. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 07:53
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    jew as in religion or jew as in ethnicity? coz from the religious point of view it would be very bad PR if he wasn't christian. if the son of god doesn't believe he is the son of god then christianity is kind of pointless
    He's not Christian, he's a Jewish rabbi. From a Christological point of view it takes his death and resurrection for Jesus of Nazareth to become the Christ. It's not like "Christ" is his last name. Whether he refers to himself as the Son of Man has nothing to do with his self-identity as a Jew.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 08:062 edits
    Was Jesus ever a Jew? The writer of the gospel of John seems to have thought that Jesus existed before the creation and the establishment of Judaism.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 08:15
    Jesus was indeed a jew, he wasn't christian. The very word christian was minted long time after. If you ask Jesus himself at the time, he would verily answer "Why, of course I am a jew, why do you ask?" but in his language.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 10:11
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Was Jesus ever a Jew? The writer of the gospel of John seems to have thought that Jesus existed before the creation and the establishment of Judaism.
    Now you are getting into the whole issue of Jesus being both man and god. So before one asks whether Jesus was/is a Jew one must specify which aspect of Jesus in particular they are talking about.

I suppose that if Jesus was truly born via a virgin birth then Jesus the man was only half Jew by race.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 10:18
    Was god jewish? Is he christian now?
  9. England
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 10:361 edit
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    to my understanding yes he was before adam, and in heaven there will be no religon as we will have god as our father
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 10:41
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Didn't you know? Jesus was a Jew, but after His resurrection He became a white man. 🙄
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 10:491 edit
    Originally posted by Badwater
    He's not Christian, he's a Jewish rabbi. From a Christological point of view it takes his death and resurrection for Jesus of Nazareth to become the Christ. It's not like "Christ" is his last name. Whether he refers to himself as the Son of Man has nothing to do with his self-identity as a Jew.
    how can you fundamentally change a religion and not be of the new religion. fine, the term christian was implemented after his death. and if you consider that christianity was constantly altered after that you cannot consider him a christian. but he certainly wasn't a jew. the nut joseph smith called himself a mormon. luther was a protestant. you cannot call luther a catholic.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 10:541 edit
    luther was a protestant. you cannot call luther a catholic.
    Wasn't Luther a catholic during his life? Did he ever call himself a lutheran?

Did Muhammed call himself a muhamedan? Even a muslim?

Did Buddha call himself a buddhist?

I've never called myself a Fabianist...
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 11:56

So the man who said "I am the way, the truth and the light" was a Jew?
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 12:30

sure he luther was born a catholic. but if you change properties on catholicism and add or remove some, what remains is something different.

the dog was a wolf. some characteristics have been altered, so we call the dog a dog and the wolf a wolf.

i think mohammed called himself a muslim. i am not sure but isn't the word muslim equivalent to "submits to god?". so didn't mohammed submitted to god? so he is a muslim. anyway it is absurd to think that mohammed, the founder of islam is not a muslim but a "whatever religion he was in at his birth"
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 12:43
    sure he luther was born a catholic. but if you change properties on catholicism and add or remove some, what remains is something different.

the dog was a wolf. some characteristics have been altered, so we call the dog a dog and the wolf a wolf.

i think mohammed called himself a muslim. i am not sure but isn't the word muslim equivalent to "submit ...[text shortened]... med, the founder of islam is not a muslim but a "whatever religion he was in at his birth"
    The first dog in history was still a wolf. Its pups perhaps could be called dogs.

If Muslim means "submits to god", then Adam and Eve were muslims, right?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree