1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 23:14
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Is Jesus Almighty God?

What did Jesus say?

“If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going my way to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am.” (John 14:28) Jesus acknowledged that he and his Father are not equals.
    “I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.” (John 20:17) Jesus did not speak of h ...[text shortened]... ghty. That is why he spoke of his Father as “my God.”—Revelation 3:2, 12; 2 Corinthians 1:3, 4.*
    The consensus of scripture is that Jesus is the Son of God and the son of man. That is, Jesus is God manifested in the flesh. The fullness of the Godhead dwelt in Him bodily. So when Jesus died in the flesh God also died.

In the Revelation of Jesus Christ in chapter 1 verse 8 John hears,

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

John goes on to explain,

I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”

Revelation 1:10-11 NKJV)

And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore.

(Revelation 1:17-18 NKJV)

“And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write, ‘These things says the First and the Last, who was dead, and came to life:

(Revelation 2:8 NKJV)

“And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”

(Revelation 22:12-13 NKJV)

I believe this show that Jesus the Christ is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last, the One who lives, and was dead, and came to life again to live forevermore, and the Lord that is coming again, the Almighty.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 23:15
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You have had it pointed out to you by several posters on several occasions that dishfelloshipping is not the same thing as shunning. I have no issue with dishfelloshipping under certain circumstances but I have a big issue with what you organisation does to people when they shun them.
    Shunning is considered a kind of bullying by some mental heath care professionals.

http://spi.sagepub.com/content/22/4/463.abstract

Many many other cites by googling on bullying shunning, and many by googling on bullying shunning witnesses.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 23:17
    You keep quoting the "narrow road" analogy in various threads as though by doing so you somehow validate the outcomes of your beliefs which I've listed above. You do realise it doesn't do that, don't you?
    Well who are you to say it doesn't? Just because you don't agree or even if the world as a whole doesn't agree?
    If your speaking of Christian religions, by far the majority have sadly fallen short of even remotely teaching and practising what Jesus did.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 23:172 edits
    This scripture here also applies to what you call shunning or not associating with ones even of their own familiy that causes danger to our sprituality and our relationship with Jehovah.
    Do you not agree with Jesus that doing this if the need is there and has scriptural bases, can cause this to happen as Jesus said? What other christain religions do this?
    Let me be clear Galveston, I think what your religion does to people in the name of Jesus, Jehovah or Michael is a disgrace. Now you can wave as many scriptures around as you want, it won't make any difference because I believe you organisation has perverted them. It's not personal, but I do feel you should question the actions of people in your corporation.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 23:181 edit
    Well who are you to say it doesn't? Just because you don't agree or even if the world as a whole doesn't agree?
    If your speaking of Christian religions, by far the majority have sadly fallen short of even remotely teaching and practising what Jesus did.
    I agree, most certainly do. But that does not make yours right.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 23:22
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The consensus of scripture is that Jesus is the Son of God and the son of man. That is, Jesus is God manifested in the flesh. The fullness of the Godhead dwelt in Him bodily. So when Jesus died in the flesh God also died.

In the Revelation of Jesus Christ in chapter 1 verse 8 John hears,

[b]“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” ...[text shortened]... ad, and came to life again to live forevermore, and the Lord that is coming again, the Almighty.
    "The consensus of scripture is that Jesus is the Son of God and the son of man. That is, Jesus is God manifested in the flesh. The fullness of the Godhead dwelt in Him bodily. So when Jesus died in the flesh God also died."

So some part of God died? Hummmm where does the Bible say that?
    Do you need to see the scriptures that say god is from eternity to eternity with no exceptions mentioned? Or will you not answer or just make up some theory?
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 23:24
    I agree, most certainly do. But that does not make yours right.
    In your opinion.......But even if most humans have your same opinion that still does not make us wrong and then right. Numbers have nothing to do with it.
    Does the bible not say that "few" would be found to have God's approval and most would not?
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 23:32
    Let me be clear Galveston, I think what your religion does to people in the name of Jesus, Jehovah or Michael is a disgrace. Now you can wave as many scriptures around as you want, it won't make any difference because I believe you organisation has perverted them. It's not personal, but I do feel you should question the actions of people in your corporation.
    That's your opinion still.

And I do and have been for 50 years. This is exactly what the Bible itself tells us all to do.
    I'm not blind at all, not under some mind control and have no doubt at all that this is the true religion that Jehovah uses. Too much goes on with the teaching work that has progressed by leaps and bounds, with constant new insightful updates that Jehovah gives us and just if nothing else, the way this organization works beyond anything just man could come up with, with the way the teaching work has progresseed throughout the whole earth and the growth that has happened.
    Jehovah has let his son Jesus direct us to do this and it has turned out to be amazing.
    No other religion comes close on any level in what we do in the teaching work.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 23:392 edits
    "The consensus of scripture is that Jesus is the Son of God and the son of man. That is, Jesus is God manifested in the flesh. The fullness of the Godhead dwelt in Him bodily. So when Jesus died in the flesh God also died."

So some part of God died? Hummmm where does the Bible say that?
    Do you need to see the scriptures that say god is from eternity to eternity with no exceptions mentioned? Or will you not answer or just make up some theory?
    And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore.

“And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”

(Revelation 22:12-13 NKJV)

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

(Revelation 1:8 NKJV)
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 23:442 edits
    [b]And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore.

“And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. ...[text shortened]... he Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”

(Revelation 22:12-13 NKJV)[/b]
    What? That answers nothing about God Almighty dying ever.

Show any scripture that says Almighty God died?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 23:451 edit
    What? That answers nothing about God Almighty dying ever.

Show any scripture that says Almighty God died?

You have to use a little logic and reason.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 23:53
    [b]“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

You have to use a little logic and reason.[/b]
    Still does not say anything about Almighty God dying, ever. How about not using some made up logic and reasoning and just read what the Bible says or in your case what it does not say.
    Almighty God, Jehovah is eterrnal on all levels. If you think he died, your calling the Bible a lie and not a trustworthy gift from God.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 00:231 edit
    Still does not say anything about Almighty God dying, ever. How about not using some made up logic and reasoning and just read what the Bible says or in your case what it does not say.
    Almighty God, Jehovah is eterrnal on all levels. If you think he died, your calling the Bible a lie and not a trustworthy gift from God.
    Why can't God die and still be eternal? How do you explain this:

The word translated "forevermore" also means "eternally"
  14. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 00:34
    Is Jesus Almighty God?

What did Jesus say?

“If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going my way to the Father, because.... (Text shortened)... of God, not Almighty God. If Jesus were God, to who 3:2, 12; 2 Corinthians 1:3, 4.*
    John 1:1
    King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

I think that pretty much settles it, isn't God God?
  15. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 00:56
    My beef with the JWs is basically two-fold one is historically based and the other is twisting and not admitting to it the scriptures. It's not really personal at all. I think the fact that the JWs are a relatively new cult/religion whatever people want to lable it gives us a unique perspective. I guess this can be said of the RC Church too but a bit different. In the case of the JWs we have historical documents we can look at and see the pregression and changes over the years. In their own writings they say untruths which can be seen and documented. In a later document it then is revised or changed. Now this does not mean that many many JWs are not good moral people. I believe many of them are indeed good moral people. I believe many of them really love God and truth be it how many Christians really are willing to do for the truth what they are willing to do? I think RC is right many times when he says "armchair Christians" get off your duffs and help the world. It punches me in the face and makes me question my faith. It challenges me no doubt.

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree