1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 01:42
    Originally posted by galveston75
    In your opinion.......But even if most humans have your same opinion that still does not make us wrong and then right. Numbers have nothing to do with it.
    Does the bible not say that "few" would be found to have God's approval and most would not?
    You just said numbers had nothing to with it, then you suggested your church are the right church because you are the few! The numbers thing works both ways mate, you can't claim you are the few if someone else can't claim they are the majority.
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 02:00
    Oh and final beef is their claim to exclusivity to being God's only voice on earth. Kinda sounds like claims that other groups / cults make.

Manny
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 02:42
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [b]“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

(Revelation 1:8 NKJV)

You have to use a little logic and reason.[/b]
    Seriously???
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 02:44
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Why can't God die and still be eternal? How do you explain this:

[b]And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore.

(Revelation 1:17-18 NKJV)

The word translated "forevermore" also means "eternally"[/b]
    This was Jesus talking, not Jehovah.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 02:45
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    John 1:1
    King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

I think that pretty much settles it, isn't God God?
    If that scripture indeed say that? But it doesn't.
  6. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 02:48
    If that scripture indeed say that? But it doesn't.
    How do you interpret then?
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 02:57
    Originally posted by menace71
    My beef with the JWs is basically two-fold one is historically based and the other is twisting and not admitting to it the scriptures. It's not really personal at all. I think the fact that the JWs are a relatively new cult/religion whatever people want to lable it gives us a unique perspective. I guess this can be said of the RC Church too but a bit differ ...[text shortened]... . It punches me in the face and makes me question my faith. It challenges me no doubt.

Manny
    The bible also says the "light" or understanding of the deeper things in the Bible would be progressive.
    That would mean that if someone knows a little on a spiritual subject that they may not feel right about, like being involved in a pagaistic event such as christmas, but then as Jehovah lets the light or understanding become clearer, in his time, then one who wants to worship God with truth, may have to make changes or corrections in what they once thought or did.
    This is why as time continues on and Jehovah thru his son Jesus "feeds his sheep" with spiritual food or understanding of the Bible, these things will happen.
    And it could happen again just as Jehovah over time taught his people in the past. He was always educating them to understand him more and what he has planned for the world. As time goes by the misunderstanding become less and less as the correct understanding are taught to us.
    If one is in a religion that is still teaching the same old doctrines that have been taught for centuries and have never come to the correct understandings of things not to do, like with christmas, that's a sign something ain't right with them and Jehovah. He is not allowing them to be fed and to progress. Satan has a huge hand in that pie too.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 02:57
    Going to bed, still not over this blasted cold......
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 03:51
    I don't think that light argument serves the JWs cause. Why not just flat out admit that in the past your organization has made errors and mistakes ? It was not God who made mistakes so then it can only be the JWs in the past who did what they did.

Manny
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 07:412 edits
    I don't think that light argument serves the JWs cause. Why not just flat out admit that in the past your organization has made errors and mistakes ? It was not God who made mistakes so then it can only be the JWs in the past who did what they did.

Manny
    They cannot admit that, at least not in regards to prophesy. For the obvious reason that they would be false prophets and no longer the sole holders of god's truth on earth; and so the whole edifice would crumble.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 08:051 edit
    This was Jesus talking, not Jehovah.
    Well, who is talking here and what difference does it make if it is Jesus or Jehovah and how can you tell?

“And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”

(Revelation 22:12-13 NKJV)
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 08:541 edit

Manny
    wow Jesus apostles made errors and mistakes, what are you saying that a servant of God needs to be infallible, if not then really what are you saying? what is your point. why don't you try sticking to what is actually written in the Bible instead of pointing out the past mistakes of Jehovahs witnesses because they provide you with a rather broad and easy target.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 08:563 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    They cannot admit that, at least not in regards to prophesy. For the obvious reason that they would be false prophets and no longer the sole holders of god's truth on earth; and so the whole edifice would crumble.
    have you never made a mistake? where doers it say that Gods servants are to be infallible, please point it out, if you cannot then your point is moot and as usual your text is absolutely irrelevant, this is a discussion about whether Jesus is almighty, not about Jehovahs witnesses.

The whole edifice crumbling, take a look at our demographics,

In 2012, these reports indicated a total of more than 1.7 billion hours of preaching, and an increase of 268,777 baptized members. Over 8.7 million were also reported as studying the Bible in their homes with Jehovah's Witnesses,[1] which includes Bible studies conducted by Witness parents with their children.[5][6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

and lets compare it with you keepers of the aquarium,

Church attendance in advanced industrial societies is in gradual general decline with people shifting from weekly to monthly or holiday attendance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_attendance

wow, lets talk about the whole edifice crumbling, shall we or better still, we can talk about your failure to engage your mind before putting your fingers to keyboard, it really gets quite tiresome having to correct you time and again.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 13:581 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    have you never made a mistake? where doers it say that Gods servants are to be infallible, please point it out, if you cannot then your point is moot and as usual your text is absolutely irrelevant, this is a discussion about whether Jesus is almighty, not about Jehovahs witnesses.

...[text shortened]... ng your fingers to keyboard, it really gets quite tiresome having to correct you time and again.
    Read the post itself, not what you think to be there. In fact take this approach with scripture also.

False prophesy is not a "mistake", as you very well know. That you pretend otherwise is laughable but actually quite dishonest.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 14:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie

In 2012, these reports indicated a total of more than 1.7 billion hours of preaching, and an increase of 268,777 baptized members. Over 8.7 million were also reported as studying the Bible in their homes with Jehovah's Witnesses,[1] which includes Bible studies conducted by Witness pa ...[text shortened]... ng your fingers to keyboard, it really gets quite tiresome having to correct you time and again.
    I didn't say that did I. Good grief.

Besides just now Galveston was claiming you lot were the "little flock" while also claiming that big numbers meant nothing. So what is it - you are the chosen one becuase you are little or because you are big?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree