Is Jesus Willing?

Is Jesus Willing?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jul 17

Shall we go on the verse 2.
Authentic un-mythological test or wrapped around mythology ?

"And the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and report to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us." (1 John 1:2)

Should I believe this. Or should I discard it as latter embellishment - wrap around mythology ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jul 17
3 edits

Verse 3?

"That which we have seen and heard we report also to you that you also may have fellowship with us, and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ." (1 John 1:3)

Wrap around mythology (and how much, which words)?
Or trustworthy New Testament text?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jul 17

Great pride hinders me ?
Verses 4 and 5:

Separate out for me the authentic teaching from the wrapped around mythological additions.

"And these things we write to you that our joy may be made full. (v.4)

And this is the message which we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all." (v.5)

Two verses. How much is trustworthy representation of the early church gospel and how much is latter wrap around mythology?

T

Moves
06 Jul 17

Originally posted by sonship
Great pride hinders me ?
Verses 4 and 5:

Separate out for me the authentic teaching from the wrapped around mythological additions.

[quote] [b] "And these things we write to you that our joy may be made full. (v.4)

And this is the message which we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all." (v.5 ...[text shortened]... stworthy representation of the early church gospel and how much is latter wrap around mythology?
Great pride hinders me ?

Yes it does. With each of these posts, you keep demonstrating how prideful you are.

Moves
06 Jul 17

Great pride hinders me ?
Verses 4 and 5:

[quote] [b] "And these things we write to you that our joy may be made full. (v.4)

And this is the message which we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all." (v.5 ...[text shortened]... stworthy representation of the early church gospel and how much is latter wrap around mythology?
Well, I think pride hindered you from apologising when you called another Christian stupid.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jul 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
[b]Great pride hinders me ?

Yes it does. With each of these posts, you keep demonstrating how prideful you are.[/b]
Yes it does. With each of these posts, you keep demonstrating how prideful you are.

I'm sorry sir. But the axe was laid at the root of my pride on the night that I said "Lord Jesus take me home, I'm tired. Take me."

Now, if you cannot come up to the challenge of discriminating between the authentic apostolic teaching and the wrap around mythology then your analysis is just a vague fog of an excuse. You're just throwing dust up into the air.

You just don't want to take what the New Testament says.
Its not hard to understand that.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jul 17
3 edits

Let's say that I have Gargantuan PRIDE. Let's say I am REALLY prideful.
I read this:

"And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding that might know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life." (1 John 5:20)

That's wonderful.

Now let's say I am ever SO humble. I mean I really have genuine humility and not an arrogant bone in my body. It reads -

"And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding that might know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life." (1 John 5:20)

Still wonderful.
That's interesting. It made no difference whether I am humble or proud.
It says what it says. And by God's mercy, I believe every word of it.

T

Moves
06 Jul 17

Let's say that I have Gargantuan PRIDE. Let's say I am REALLY prideful.
I read this:

[b] "And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding that might know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life." (1 John 5:20)

That's wonderful.

N ...[text shortened]... er I am humble or proud.
It says what it says. And by God's mercy, I believe every word of it.[/b]
You repeatedly demonstrate that you struggle to understand what people tell you. It's as if you take what they say, then create a narrative in your head that is often very different from their actual words. You then believe that you understand their words when, in fact, you only understand the narrative that you made up in your head. As I recall, over the years a number of people have, in various ways, pointed this out to you.

That you do the same with scripture is of no surprise.

Moves
06 Jul 17

I'm sorry sir. But the axe was laid at the root of my pride on the night that I said "Lord Jesus take me home, I'm tired. Take me."

Now, if you cannot come up to the challenge of discriminating between the authentic apostolic teaching and the wrap arou ...[text shortened]... .

You just don't want to take what the New Testament says.
Its not hard to understand that.
Well, I think pride hindered you from apologising when you called another Christian stupid.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jul 17
7 edits

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Why do you keep focusing on the mythology about Jesus rather than the gospel according to Jesus? The words spoken by Jesus while He walked the Earth are the foundation for the "treasure".

Does this mean that what I read in the New Testament contains a mixture of things?
IE. the gospel that Jesus taught and the mythology that was latter wrapped around what Jesus taught ?

Here's a very simple question which cannot possibly allude any deficit in reading comprehension I may have.

Do you believe that this passage is part of the mythology wrapped around the gospel Jesus taught ?

"And He said to them, O foolish and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken!

Was it not necessary for the Christ to suffer these things and enter into His glory?

And beginning from Moses and from all the prophets, He explained to them clearly in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself ...

And He said to them, Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise up from the dead on the third day, and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

And behold, I send forth the promise of my Father upon you, but as for you, stay in the city until you put on power from on high."

You are witnesses of these things." (See Luke 24:25-27; 46-49)

Do you consider these the words and deeds of Jesus of Nazareth on earth ?
Or do you believe these words and deeds are concocted mythology wrapped around and defacing what He actually did and taught ?

c

Moves
07 Jul 17

Back to the OP.

The man's question implies that Jesus may NOT have been willing to help him. Why?

Are we to assume that Jesus may not be willing to help us now?

ENGLAND

Moves
07 Jul 17

Originally posted by chaney3
Back to the OP.

The man's question implies that Jesus may NOT have been willing to help him. Why?

Are we to assume that Jesus may not be willing to help us now?
Beck to those of my replies to your OP which you still haven't acknowledged nor responded to ....

c

Moves
07 Jul 17

Originally posted by divegeester
Beck to those of my replies to your OP which you still haven't acknowledged nor responded to ....
I don't think you're a good Christian.

ENGLAND

Moves
07 Jul 17

I don't think you think.

ENGLAND

Moves
07 Jul 17

Are you going to address the several replies I made to your OP and you initial comments, or are you going to keep pretending they are not there?