Is Jesus Willing?

Is Jesus Willing?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
05 Jul 17

Originally posted by sonship
And again. Brother Witness Lee went to the island of Taiwan when the Communist took over Mainland China. He did it out of submission to the wishes of Watchman Nee and his co-workers that what they had accomplished be preserved. They cared that everything they accomplished would not be eradicated by the Communists.

Lee went to Taiwan with about 200 or so o ...[text shortened]... d considering THE ISSUE OF THEIR MANNER OF LIFE, imitate their faith." (Heb. 13:7)
[/quote][/b]
Joel who ?? People follow men? Just like you apparently. You are part and parcel of a really sick deluded kind of Christianity

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
05 Jul 17

What you intend to be as a shame to me, I consider a compliment.

You never read it maybe. Its in the New Testament.

[b] "Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord nor of me His prisoner; but suffer evil with the gospel according to the power of God." (1 Timothy 1:8)

Besides, Brother Witness Lee has gone to be wi ...[text shortened]... r the continued spread of the ministry he had to preach the gospel and establish local churches.[/b]
Lee had gone to the grave. Like all people he will await the judgment day at the end of the 1000 yr reign of Christ. Unless he is one of the saints chosen to rule with Christ

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jul 17
2 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999
Lee had gone to the grave. Like all people he will await the judgment day at the end of the 1000 yr reign of Christ. Unless he is one of the saints chosen to rule with Christ
You don't know the New Testament in this matter.
The judgment seat of Christ for all Christians is before He descends to the earth just before the millennial kingdom. It is after all saints in all raptures have occurred.

You're ignorant of the New Testament concerning judgment beginning at the house of God. I tried to help you but it seems futile.

The SAINTS of Jesus HAVE to have been JUDGED for reward or discipline BEFORE the milennial kingdom starts.

More so - the judgment seat of Christ FOR Christians must take place BEFORE Christ's descent to battle at Armageddon. That is also before the start of the millennial kingdom.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jul 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
Like all people he will await the judgment day at the end of the 1000 yr reign of Christ. Unless he is one of the saints chosen to rule with Christ

At least you recognize at this point that the man may have been a Christian. Some modest improvement perhaps?

All Christians whether participants in the thousand year kingdom or not are examined and judged for reward of suffering of loss BEFORE the millennial kingdom.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jul 17

Back to the real subject matter of this thread:

There are things Christ must "heal" in all men besides physical body members or from diseases.

And sometimes the withholding of physical recovery God uses to administer spiritual and moral health to the soul of man.

Recently, I experienced a need for physical healing. God did in His way with His timing. And I think medical attention was involved.

During those days of illness, I learned a lot before the Lord Jesus. And I am thankful that the withholding of physical healing in MY TIME, afforded Christ opportunity to sink me deeper into His presence for grace.

F

Moves
05 Jul 17

There are things Christ must "heal" in all men besides physical body members or from diseases.

And sometimes the withholding of physical recovery God uses to administer spiritual and moral health to the soul of man.
Do you believe that your god occasionally/sometimes /often /never "withholds physical recovery" from non-believers when they are ill or diseased?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jul 17
1 edit

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Why do you keep focusing on the mythology about Jesus rather than the gospel according to Jesus? The words spoken by Jesus while He walked the Earth are the foundation for the "treasure".

This is your unbelief in the words of Jesus.

" ... And behold I am with you all the days until the consummation of the age." (Matt. 28:20b)

Now if you don't treasure Jesus Christ that is your unbelief an choice.

Matthew 6
19“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20“But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; 21for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. 22“The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. 23“But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!

The light which sees that Jesus gave Himself as the eternal redemption of sinners.

"For this is My blood of the covenant, which is being poured out for many for forgiveness of sins." (Matt. 26:28)

Same Jesus. Same Jesus speaking while walking on the earth.

Matthew 7
24“Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25“And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. 26“Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27“The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.”

Same Jesus while walking on the earth -

" From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes and be killed and on the third day be raised." (Matt, 16:21)

Same Gospel of Matthew.
Same Jesus as He walked on the earth.

Same Christ believers regard as their treasure in heaven and also with them until the consummation of the age.

" But after I have been raised, I will go before you into Galilee." (Matt. 26:32)

Same wonderful Lord Jesus walking on the earth and speaking the truth. He would be killed for our redemption and RAISED from the dead on the third day.

"Mythology about Jesus" ? That's just your own personal unbelief speaking.
That's your rejection of Christ's gospel speaking.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Jul 17

Originally posted by chaney3
So just blow it off?

The man asked if Jesus was willing.
As Rajk said, "Ok... so?"

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Jul 17
1 edit

What is it with you and Divegeester in this " Don't follow men. Don't follow men's doctrines" stuff? Should we not examine to see of the teachings are right and effective ?
It's sound advice to you to stop following other ministers like a sheep and posting parts of their erroneous ministry in here as if it was your own. I explained this to you at least a dozen times and yet here you are asking again.

T

Moves
05 Jul 17
1 edit

Why do you keep focusing on the mythology about Jesus rather than the gospel according to Jesus? The words spoken by Jesus while He walked the Earth are the foundation for the "treasure".

This is your unbelief in the words of Jesus.

[quote] [b] " ... And behold I am with you all the days until the consummation of the age." (Matt. 28 ...[text shortened]... ur own personal unbelief speaking.
"Mythology about Jesus" ? That's just your own personal unbelief speaking.

Yes, mythology. You've repeatedly shown that you believe the mythology rather than the gospel Jesus preached while He walked the Earth.

The gospel that Jesus preached while He walked the Earth is worlds away from the mythology that the NT writers wrapped around it. C3 seems to sense this..

C3 does well to question that mythology as he has in this thread and in many others. The mythology doesn't make sense.

Hopefully C3 will take the obvious next step which is to dispense with that mythology and instead embrace the gospel Jesus preached while He walked the Earth.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jul 17
5 edits

Yes, mythology. You've repeatedly shown that you believe the mythology rather than the gospel Jesus preached while He walked the Earth.

Why do you dismiss the book of Acts ?

"And with great power the apostles gave testimony of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and great grace was upon them all." (Acts 4:33)

Now how do you take this ?

1.) The apostles preached Jesus' resurrection BUT He really did not rise ?

2.) The apostles never did preach Jesus' resurrection because He never rose ?

3.) Jesus rose and His apostles testified to this fact ?

My belief is #3.
Which one represents what you believe ?
Now that's a simple request.

The gospel that Jesus preached while He walked the Earth is worlds away from the mythology that the NT writers wrapped around it. C3 seems to sense this..

C3 does well to question that mythology as he has in this thread and in many others. The mythology doesn't make sense.

Hopefully C3 will take the obvious next step which is to dispense with that mythology and instead embrace the words that Jesus spoke while He walked the Earth.

I have to suspend here and re-examine what C1, C2, and C3 represent.

However, when it comes to 1 John 3:4-10 you put on your Fundamentalist Extraordinaire hat to stick it to us lovers of Jesus. THAT to you is solid apostolic teaching which Christians don't take, you think.

But when it comes to the apostles testifying powerfully to the resurrection of Jesus (Acts 4:33) then its .... "Jesus while He walked on earth ! Jesus while He walked on earth!"

How come you place such weighty authority on the apostles' writing 1 John 3:4-10 and want to gag them when they testify of Jesus being raised from the dead (Acts 4:33) ?

T

Moves
05 Jul 17
1 edit

Why do you dismiss the book of [b]Acts
?

[quote] "And with great power the apostles gave testimony of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and great grace was upon them all." (Acts 4:33) [ ...[text shortened]... and want to gag them when they testify of Jesus being raised from the dead (Acts 4:33) ?[/b]
Why do you dismiss the book of Acts ?

Not sure why you seem to have so much difficulty understanding this. It's really simple. The Book of Acts is part of the mythology.

4) The Book of Acts is part of the mythology.

I have to suspend here and re-examine what C1, C2, and C3 represent.

No idea what you mean by C1 and C2. C3 is chaney3 who started this thread.

How come you place such weighty authority on the apostles' writing 1 John 3:4-10 and want to gag them when they testify of Jesus being raised from the dead (Acts 4:33)

It's really simple jaywill. I cite 1 John 3:4-10 because the concepts detailed there are consistent with the gospel as taught by Jesus while He walked the Earth and are contrary to the mythology that the NT writers wrapped around it

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jul 17
1 edit

[b]Why do you dismiss the book of Acts ?

Not sure why you seem to have so much difficulty understanding this. It's really simple. The Book of Acts is part of the mythology.

I have to suspend here and re-examine what C1, C2, and C3 represent.[/b ...[text shortened]... hile He walked the Earth and are contrary to the mythology that the NT writers wrapped around it

Then your answer is Yes.
So you take Luke in his writing about Jesus while he walk on earth in the Gospel of Luke (some) . But you dismiss Luke's Acts as mythology.

How do we know you don't just dismiss as mythology everything you deem unworthy of your philosophy ?

Luke was a traveling companion of Paul.
Shall we assume his closeness to the events and familiarity is far inferior to yours twenty some hundreds years removed ?

me:

How come you place such weighty authority on the apostles' writing 1 John 3:4-10 and want to gag them when they testify of Jesus being raised from the dead (Acts 4:33).

you:

It's really simple jaywill. I cite 1 John 3:4-10 because the concepts detailed there are consistent with the gospel as taught by Jesus while He walked the Earth and are contrary to the mythology that the NT writers wrapped around it

This is a conspiracy theory.

1.) You come to the NT already firmly committed to your philosophy.

2.) Contents of the NT that do not go along with your philosophy were wrapped around the "core" of preferred teachings.

So if I point out that John wrote the true God is Jesus Christ (1 John 5:20) and mention that Jesus while walking on earth taught the same (John 17:3) those two concepts are part of the mythology wrapped around your true core of non-mythical writings ?

This really smells of conspiracy theory. You're just deciding to reject as mythical what contradicts your philosophical baggage you brought to the Bible.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jul 17
1 edit

ThinkOfOne,

There are 10 verses in First John chapter 1.
Which are the wrapped mythological verses?
Which are the non-mythological ones?

There are 29 verses in First John chapter 2.

There are 24 verses in First John chapter 3.

There are 21 verses in First John chapter 4.

There are 21 verses in First John chapter 5.

Take the time that you need.
Show us which are the "core" non-mythical verses and which are the "wrapped around" mythical verses.

T

Moves
05 Jul 17

Then your answer is Yes.
So you take [b]Luke
in his writing about Jesus while he walk on earth in the Gospel of Luke (some) . But you dismiss Luke's Acts as mythology.

How do w ...[text shortened]... ding to reject as mythical what contradicts your philosophical baggage you brought to the Bible.[/b]
You repeatedly demonstrate that you struggle to understand what people tell you. It's as if you take what they say, then create a narrative in your head that is often very different from their actual words. You then believe that you understand their words when, in fact, you only understand the narrative that you made up in your head. As I recall, over the years a number of people have, in various ways, pointed this out to you.

That you do the same with scripture is of no surprise.