1. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    02 May '05 18:181 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Read Hebrews the entire first chapter:

1In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways,
    2but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and ...[text shortened]... ationship
    between us and angels, between Jesus and angels.
    Kelly
    I'm guess still not clear on this as I don't know much about angels and their place in the hierarchy of sentient beings.

Here's a crazy question: could a being such as Satan ever gain salvation, hypothetically speaking? Your answer may clear up my confusion.

Thanks.
  2. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    02 May '05 18:39
    Originally posted by eagles54
    Thanks.

Subsequently, I've found the following:

"How art thou fallen from heaven
    O day-star, son of the morning! (Helel ben Shahar)
    How art thou cast down to the ground,
    That didst cast lots over the nations!
    And thou saidst in thy heart:
    'I will ascend into heaven,
    Above the stars of God (El)
    Will I exalt my throne;
    And I will sit upon the ...[text shortened]... e brought dow to the nether-world,
    To the uttermost parts of the pit."
    - Isaiah 14:12-15

this may have happened in GENESIS 1:1, which caused GENESIS 1:2. Just a thought.
  3. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    02 May '05 18:49
    I'm guess still not clear on this as I don't know much about angels and their place in the hierarchy of sentient beings.

Here's a crazy question: could a being such as Satan ever gain salvation, hypothetically speaking? Your answer may clear up my confusion.

Thanks.
    To answerer a question need to ask aquestion. What can satan ever do to recieve salvation? If he could repent would he not have done so by now? Read again ISAIAH chapter 14, and look at the I wills. In Lucifer's worship of GOD, he decided to worship himself. He basicly tried to murder GOD. Which may be that unforgiveable sin that CHRIST talked about.
  4. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    02 May '05 19:07
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    In Lucifer's worship of GOD, he decided to worship himself. He basicly tried to murder GOD. Which may be that unforgiveable sin that CHRIST talked about.
    What would make his mind so different from ours that he could not receive God's grace? Obviously, a mind can be changed, for better or for worse. Does any being, Satan included, wish to suffer forever? He may see the error of his ways one day and sincerely ask forgiveness. I'm not being facetious, I'm asking a sincere question.

5. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    02 May '05 19:29
    What would make his mind so different from ours that he could not receive God's grace? Obviously, a mind can be changed, for better or for worse. Does any being, Satan included, wish to suffer forever? He may see the error of his ways one day and sincerely ask forgiveness. I'm not being facetious, I'm asking a sincere question.

It could be that there was wternity past, Lucifer was there and saw all that GOD had done up to that point. GOD had given Lucifer a job to do. He was a trusted servant, who knew better. Why Pride entered him, we would have to study what Pride is and, its cause. We humans whether or not we are saved or not, Have regrets. There has never been a word said whether satan has regrets for what he has done. If he had regrets and asked for forgiveness, maybe there would be a road to forgiveness. But after his rebellion in heaven, GOD gave him time to think about his actions. His response was to convince man to sin. Problely in the garden of eden, if man would have owned up to his sin, there would have problely been instant forgiveness. Satan has never asked therfore there can never be forgiveness for him. All of creation will see what happens when you try to live without GOD. And there will be no longer any reason to rebell against the will of GOD.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 May '05 19:59

Thanks.
    No, they are deemed and know it.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree