1. Joined
    05 Feb '04
    Moves
    29 Apr '05 13:07
    The notion that Satan functions as the left hand of God is not a novel one. Indeed, Origen held this belief as well as the early Cabalists. The book of Job speaks volumes as to the nature of Satan and his relationship with God in the old testament.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Apr '05 14:161 edit
    Originally posted by skywalker red
    The notion that Satan functions as the left hand of God is not a novel one. Indeed, Origen held this belief as well as the early Cabalists. The book of Job speaks volumes as to the nature of Satan and his relationship with God in the old testament.
    no he is not God's son, as Jesus or we are I should add.
    Kelly
  3. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    29 Apr '05 14:39
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Kelly
    I'm not sure I follow your reasoning, Kelly. If God created all life, from the simplest to the most advanced, how could Satan not be God's son? Do you mean that in the sense that Satan is disowned by God?
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    29 Apr '05 16:25
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Kelly
    How can we be God's sons if God sacrificed his only son for us?
  5. Joined
    13 Apr '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '05 17:23
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    How can we be God's sons if God sacrificed his only son for us?
    We are adopted sons of God through faith if we believe Jesus is our lord and savoir and Rose from the Grave. No satan is not God's son, Jesus is God's only begotten son. To the question how we can be God's son he adopts us as joint heirs with Christ when we Accept Christ as our lord and savior.
  6. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    29 Apr '05 18:22
    Originally posted by Danthemario
    We are adopted sons of God through faith if we believe Jesus is our lord and savoir and Rose from the Grave. No satan is not God's son, Jesus is God's only begotten son. To the question how we can be God's son he adopts us as joint heirs with Christ when we Accept Christ as our lord and savior.
    How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
    ISAIAH 14:12
    Lucifer was only the son of the morning, he was never the born son of GOD
  7. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    29 Apr '05 19:12
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
    ISAIAH 14:12
    Lucifer was only the son of the morning, he was never the born son of GOD
    What is a son of the morning?
  8. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    30 Apr '05 17:18
    Originally posted by Danthemario
    If we are only adopted sons of God and Jesus is His only begotten son, who begot us? Who caused us to exist? Who is our real Father? Can we contact the adoption agency or something?

... --- ...
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    30 Apr '05 19:11
    I would say no, because the book of John talks about Jesus being from the beginning.
  10. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    30 Apr '05 19:43
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    If we are only adopted sons of God and Jesus is His only begotten son, who begot us? Who caused us to exist? Who is our real Father? Can we contact the adoption agency or something?

... --- ...
    Our father begot us. We were not "created" by our fathers. That is why it says Jesus was begotten of the Father, not created by the Father. And although God "creates" us in a sense, he does not "begot" us.

(Ever try to explain something and end up confusing yourself? 😉 )

So God - not having begot us, must adopt us. And you may contact the adoption agency - that would be God also.
  11. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    02 May '05 01:361 edit
    Originally posted by eagles54
    What is a son of the morning?
    with the research that I have been able to do all I have come up is....
    light bearer--son of light--son of dawn---day star.
    I have been taught that Lucifer job was to bring the praise from the former earth, to GOD. Which is a theory that is somewhat debateable. Maybe someone else has more or better info.
  12. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    02 May '05 11:41
    Originally posted by Coletti
    Our father begot us. We were not "created" by our fathers. That is why it says Jesus was begotten of the Father, not created by the Father. And although God "creates" us in a sense, he does not "begot" us.

(Ever try to explain something and end up confusing yourself? 😉 )

So God - not having begot us, must adopt us. And you may contact the adoption agency - that would be God also.
    Still not seeing the distiction. If God existed before Christ, and the only way new things can come to be is by God's creating hand, then God created Christ, with no "begetting" involved. If the appeared at the same "time" then there was not creating or begetting. Anyway, there is, as far as we can glean from our limited sources, no female God that goes along with the Christian God, so there is no womb, no copulation, no anything of that sort; if this is still begetting, I really don't see how begetting and creation differ at that point.

Anyway, if there is adoption, there is a real father whom we no longer are connected to, who either no longer exists or abandoned us. And please don't bring up my actual physical dad; I think we can agree that the spiritual sense of Father is quite different from the guy whose sperm fertilized the egg that became me and then pretty much sat on the couch the rest of the time.

... --- ...

P.S. I think there is a reason you confused yourself explaining this. It doesn't make any sense.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 May '05 14:091 edit
    Originally posted by eagles54
    I'm not sure I follow your reasoning, Kelly. If God created all life, from the simplest to the most advanced, how could Satan not be God's son? Do you mean that in the sense that Satan is disowned by God?
    Read Hebrews the entire first chapter:

1In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways,
    2but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.
    3The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
    4So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.
    5For to which of the angels did God ever say,
    "You are my Son;
    today I have become your Father"? Or again,
    "I will be his Father,
    and he will be my Son"? 6And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says,
    "Let all God's angels worship him." 7In speaking of the angels he says,
    "He makes his angels winds,
    his servants flames of fire." 8But about the Son he says,
    "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever,
    and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.
    9You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
    therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
    by anointing you with the oil of joy." 10He also says,
    "In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth,
    and the heavens are the work of your hands.
    11They will perish, but you remain;
    they will all wear out like a garment.
    12You will roll them up like a robe;
    like a garment they will be changed.
    But you remain the same,
    and your years will never end." 13To which of the angels did God ever say,
    "Sit at my right hand
    until I make your enemies
    a footstool for your feet"? 14Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

As you can see God makes a distintion between the relationship
    between us and angels, between Jesus and angels.
    Kelly
  14. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    02 May '05 16:05
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    Still not seeing the distiction. If God existed before Christ, and the only way new things can come to be is by God's creating hand, then God created Christ, with no "begetting" involved. If the appeared at the same "time" then there was not creating or begetting. Anyway, there is, as far as we can glean from our limited sources, no female God t ...[text shortened]... if this is still begetting, I really don't see how begetting and creation differ at that point.
    God did not exist "before" Christ. The begetting of Christ only refers to the time when Christ came to earth, fully human, to be born to Mary. God begot Christ at that time, He did not create him.

It is begetting because Christ was not created - Christ is one with God, and God created all things through Christ. Christ himself was never created because he is an eternal being.
  15. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    02 May '05 18:07
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    with the research that I have been able to do all I have come up is....
    light bearer--son of light--son of dawn---day star.
    I have been taught that Lucifer job was to bring the praise from the former earth, to GOD. Which is a theory that is somewhat debateable. Maybe someone else has more or better info.
    Thanks.

Subsequently, I've found the following:

"How art thou fallen from heaven
    O day-star, son of the morning! (Helel ben Shahar)
    How art thou cast down to the ground,
    That didst cast lots over the nations!
    And thou saidst in thy heart:
    'I will ascend into heaven,
    Above the stars of God (El)
    Will I exalt my throne;
    And I will sit upon the mount of meeting,
    In the uttermost parts of the north;
    I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;
    I will be like the Most High (Elyon).'
    Yet thou shalt be brought dow to the nether-world,
    To the uttermost parts of the pit."
    - Isaiah 14:12-15

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree