1. Standard memberBongalloJoe
    Not Gone Yet
    STALKER ALERT!!
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 13:01
    I have almost ended my life but i got past it, im on ridalin pills now and i feel better.
    but if i had committed suicide, would it have been a sin?
    I wanted to talk about this a little bit more.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 13:07
    Originally posted by @bongallojoe
    I have almost ended my life but i got past it, im on ridalin pills now and i feel better.
    I would bow my head and pray something like this:

"Lord Jesus, Thankyou that I did not kill myself that day. Lord Thankyou that somehow I did not die that day. "

Many others died when they went to take their life. Somehow you did not die.
    Would it hurt to stop for a moment, look back and thank God.

Dear God, I just want to stop for a moment that thank You that I did not take my own life on that day. Thank You God if You had anything to do with that. In fact, thankyou God for giving me my physical life to begin with. Lead me on dear God.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 13:091 edit
    I hope that you do have some good professional medical guidance also.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 13:11
    It would mean more work for the rest of us to pad out your cloud pillows (metaphorically) so you wouldn't get as good reception in heaven would be my guess.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 13:13
    Originally posted by @sonship
    I would bow my head and pray something like this:

"Lord Jesus, Thankyou that I did not kill myself that day. Lord Thankyou that somehow I did not die that day. "

Many others died when they went to take their life. Somehow you did not die.
    Would it hurt to stop for a moment, look back and thank God.

Dear God, I just wa ...[text shortened]... n fact, thankyou God for giving me my physical life to begin with. Lead me on dear God.
    He asked if it was a sin, in your opinion is suIcide a sin, and if so does the sinner find themselves excluded from eternal life?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 13:15
    A "sin" is more or less defined as an act considered to be a transgression of god's will and/or divine law. So whether or not you perceive suicide to be a "sin" will depend on whether you subscribe to a 'divine law' that explicitly prohibits it or can be construed to do so, or, similarly, whether you believe yourself to have been made aware of the will of the god you believe in or have received divine instructions regarding this matter.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 13:181 edit
    I would say it's a sin but Jesus Christ died for it. I would say it has to be part of the sin nature. Just like if you know the good you should do and don't do it that's a sin to.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 13:18
    I hope that you do have some good professional medical guidance also.
    How would "good professional medical guidance" help him work out whether he thinks suicide is a "sin"?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 13:213 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    He asked if it was a sin, in your opinion is suIcide a sin, and if so does the sinner find themselves excluded from eternal life?
    Divegeester, another toughy question ?

Now this time before you go re-repeating the question and complaining about being evaded, ignored, and dodged, please first answer my question in the thread in which you portrayed me as saying - not hearing the Gospel would lead to damnation.

I asked for you to quote me. I spot checked and saw no reference yet.
    Well... then you could say that you misspoke or misrepresented what I have said.

[b]He asked if it was a sin, in your opinion is suIcide a sin, and if so does the sinner find themselves excluded from eternal life?

He asked.
    I replied as I felt to reply. I would thank God that my physical life is still with me.

If BongalloJoe wants to pursue the question again, he can do so for himself. Right?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 13:223 edits
    Lots of things are sins, getting angry, petty theft, watching something on TV one feels is wrong to watch. Just because something stems from the sinful nature doesn't make one a bad person. Sinning could be described as "normal" within the human condition.

So if one believes in God and he knows that it would not be god's best for you to end your life, you could construe it is a sin to kill yourself. But here's the point...god/Jesus loves us, he is not the torturing punishing tyrant many make him out to be. Christ died "once and for all" to cover the sins of all men. Past present and future. Some here will disagree.

But my message you is to fall on him and his mercy because it is perfect and last forever without end. Sinful nature may cause someone to try to take their life but that sin is paid for and all god wants for you is good.

So relax 🙂
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 13:26
    He asked.
    I replied as I felt to reply. I would thank God that my physical life is still with me.

If BongalloJoe wants to pursue the question again, he can do so for himself. Right?
    Yes, sure he can, if he wants to. But I will pursue it, if I may. Is suicide a "sin"?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 13:322 edits
    Divegeester, another toughy question ?

Now this time before you go re-repeating the question and complaining about being evaded, ignored, and dodged, please first answer my question in the thread in which you portrayed me as saying - not hearing the Gospel would lead to damnation.

I asked for you to quote me. I spot checked and saw no referen ...[text shortened]... h me.

I don't ever remember saying that and am happy to address if you bump it.

You will see that other Christians included myself have managed to concisely respond to the OP. All your dodging and prevarication is just pretentious waffle sonship, you are incapable of answering a straight forward question about anything and are therefore, in my opinIon, lame as a preacher of the gospel. People have questions and you need to be able to answer.

Edit: you are trapped under the weight of your own strange beliefs and teachings. Get out, get away from the people you hang out with. Get some fresh perspective.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 13:48
    We are commanded not to take life, that includes your own.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 13:50
    I have never come across sound biblical evidence that suicide is sin.

There are many nonsensical doctrines floating around in Christianity simply because the masses just dont bother to take the time to investigate it for themselves and read the Bible, but rather they entrust this important matter to the ones they look up to , like pastors and preachers.

So if you really want to know if it is a sin [in the bible] then do some checking into it for yourself.

Glad to hear that all is ok for now. The problem with this is that it can return. Hope you are taking steps to prevent it.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 13:52
    Originally posted by @whodey
    We are commanded not to take life, that includes your own.
    Is there an exception to that rule? Of course there is.
    Self preservation is one.

Are there any more?
    Did you check or are you one of the masses who regurgitate what the church says to them?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree