1. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    17 May '05 04:18
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Cremated.
    hmm . . . burned muffins huh? Hey orfeo, if Terri is all ashes, what the hell does Lazarus have to do with anything? According to the story, he was entombed.

Anyone ever heard the story of the Monkey's Claw? You know the one where a family uses a magic monkey's claw to make wishes, but the wishes always come true in bad ways? They wish for wealth. Then their son is mangled in a factory accident. For the death, the family is compensated a generous sum. Then the family wishes that their son were alive again, but just as their son approaches the front door in the night, the father realizes what this will mean, so he uses the last wish to return his son back to the grave. If you haven't read it, it's still a good short story, even though I just ruined it for you.

So let's assume that she can be brought back to life. Would she be just a cloud of ash? Would she have a cerebral cortex? Could she ever be trained to speak?
  2. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    17 May '05 08:10
    What was so special about Lazarus?
    Actually, there's not anything particularly special about Lazarus. Arguably right place, right time, right family connections. 😉

Regarding the ashes question: okay, so we need resurrection AND reconstitution. That had crossed my mind, actually.

Please bear in mind that the original question was whether it was possible. Basically I believe in miracles, so yes, it's possible, but rest assured I will be JUST as surprised as the rest of you if it actually happens.
  3. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    17 May '05 14:58
    Does anybody still maintain that there is a possiblity that Terri will return to a state of normal health?
    There is certainly a logical possibility. I don't know if the physics of our universe makes it practically impossible.
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    17 May '05 15:31
    Originally posted by orfeo
    Actually, there's not anything particularly special about Lazarus. Arguably right place, right time, right family connections. 😉

Regarding the ashes question: okay, so we need resurrection AND reconstitution. That had crossed my mind, actually.

Please bear in mind that the original question was whether it was possible. Basically I believe in miracle ...[text shortened]... ossible, but rest assured I will be JUST as surprised as the rest of you if it actually happens.
    So, you don't believe that God's hand plays a daily role in guiding the events of the universe? If you did, you wouldn't be so surprised to observe it in action.
  5. London
    Moves
    17 May '05 16:37
    Originally posted by orfeo

Please bear in mind that the original question was whether it was possible. Basically I believe in miracle ...[text shortened]... ossible, but rest assured I will be JUST as surprised as the rest of you if it actually happens.
    I admit I would be surprised to see it happen but not, perhaps, as much as those who think it impossible.
  6. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    17 May '05 17:04
    Regarding the ashes question: okay, so we need resurrection AND reconstitution.

Tell me, orfeo. Are you or were you ever a big fan of Dungeons and Dragons?
  7. Bible Basher HQ
    Moves
    17 May '05 18:21
    she's dead, she's not gonna come bak to life, there not gonna plant her ashe's in the garden and they'll grow into a terri tree. she's dead. Get over it.
  8. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    17 May '05 22:27
    Originally posted by telerion
    [b]Regarding the ashes question: okay, so we need resurrection AND reconstitution.

Tell me, orfeo. Are you or were you ever a big fan of Dungeons and Dragons?
    [/b]
    No, but I understand why you might think that after rereading that line!
  9. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    17 May '05 22:31
    So, you don't believe that God's hand plays a daily role in guiding the events of the universe? If you did, you wouldn't be so surprised to observe it in action.
    Yes, I DO believe that. But I also believe in the laws of the physical universe. Those 'laws' are a reflection of how God deals with the universe on a regular basis. It's a system that works, so why tinker with it unless there's a specific reason for doing so?

There are plenty of other things for God to be getting on with, things that have more to do with people's emotional, mental and spiritual state.
  10. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    17 May '05 22:31
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    I admit I would be surprised to see it happen but not, perhaps, as much as those who think it impossible.
    Yes, okay, fair point. Not QUITE as much.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree