1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 11:15
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    So... what was the dealio creating people with free will and then destroying them all after they chose to do stuff that he didn't like? Seems like a pretty dodgy sort of god to me. Not even control freakery that, just a total dick-move.
    God wanted people that were good, but that also could love. Without the free will to choose, there could really be no love. However, with free will they were able to also choose evil over good and God must elimate evil and so God was forced to destroy those people that became to think about doing evil constantly in order to save the good ones from going extinct. 😏
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 12:221 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No he didn't you namby pamby soft sided underbelly of a gay dolphin called Lenny, he stated that there would be a great tribulation, that only those that exercise faith can be saved, etc etc

"For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heave ...[text shortened]... rational and reasoning person can discern the difference. Nothing Jesus ever said negates this.
    at least half of those quotes say plainly that everyone can be saved.

none say that some are beyond saving.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 12:461 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    at least half of those quotes say plainly that everyone can be saved.

none say that some are beyond saving.
    No one has claimed that anyone is beyond saving, what was actually claimed was that those in the flood and other instances of Gods judicial action were killed because they were irredeemable.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 13:10
    No one has claimed that anyone is beyond saving, what was actually claimed was that those in the flood and other instances of Gods judicial action were killed because they were irredeemable.
    that is then exactly what you are saying.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 13:29
    that is then exactly what you are saying.
    If you are unable to discern the difference than I refuse to argue with such stupidity against which even the Gods themselves cannot contend.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 14:09
    If you are unable to discern the difference than I refuse to argue with such stupidity against which even the Gods themselves cannot contend.
    There is only ONE god - sheesh!
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 14:281 edit
    you sure told me

"No one has claimed that anyone is beyond saving, what was actually claimed was that those in the flood and other instances of Gods judicial action were killed because they were irredeemable."
    let me help you out:

"No one has claimed that anyone irredeemable, what was actually claimed was that those in the flood and other instances of Gods judicial action were killed because they were irredeemable."
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 14:32
    you sure told me

"No one has claimed that anyone is beyond saving, what was actually claimed was that those in the flood and other instances of Gods judicial action were killed because they were irredeemable."
    let me help you out:

"No one has claimed that anyone irredeemable, what was actually claimed was that those in the flood and other instances of Gods judicial action were killed because they were irredeemable."
    Thanks but if i ever need your help it will be time to call it a day and make for the nearest tall building with which to throw myself from.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 14:34
    Thanks but if i ever need your help it will be time to call it a day and make for the nearest tall building with which to throw myself from.
    beyond saving and irredeemable are the same thing.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 19:56
    Why Christianity is true

YouTube
  11. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    21 Jun '15 07:51
    I must say Robbie, I've really enjoyed seeing you argue that 'irredeemable' means something other than beyond redemption, although it's not entirely clear what you think it does mean. All very amusing though. Do you think the bible uses 'redeem' in the fiscal sense then? Lol.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Jun '15 16:32
    you sure told me

let me help you out:

Yet another graduate of FMF's school of "Twist and Shout" debating.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Jun '15 17:38
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I have to say Suzianne, I love your directness. You're an honest person, and a great warrior. Keep it up!
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    21 Jun '15 19:33
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    beyond saving and iredeemable are the same thing.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Jun '15 23:16
    beyond saving and iredeemable are the same thing.
    After reading through this thread trying to figure out why you said that, I have concluded two things.

#1 You're right. Irredeemable and beyond saving mean the same thing.

#2 No one is beyond saving or irredeemable unless they're dead.

Personally, I don't think those that drowned in the flood were beyond saving. Noah preached to them the coming of God's judgement for 120 years. Apparently nobody was interested in being saved.
    The same holds true for today. The offer of eternal life as a free gift is still available to anyone that believes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree