1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Jun '15 10:55
    Originally posted by josephw
    After reading through this thread trying to figure out why you said that, I have concluded two things.

#1 You're right. Irredeemable and beyond saving mean the same thing.

#2 No one is beyond saving or irredeemable unless they're dead.

Personally, I don't think those that drowned in the flood were beyond saving. Noah preached to them the coming of G ...[text shortened]... for today. The offer of eternal life as a free gift is still available to anyone that believes.
    "Noah preached to them the coming of God's judgement for 120 years"
    verse me on this one.

genesis 6 doesn't say anything about noah preaching to the asholes "repent or be destroyed". (not that it would have made the flood justifiable even if he did).

you know who says noah and god at least tried to change humanity before the flood? muslims and the quran.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Jun '15 11:03
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "Noah preached to them the coming of God's judgement for 120 years"
    verse me on this one.

genesis 6 doesn't say anything about noah preaching to the asholes "repent or be destroyed". (not that it would have made the flood justifiable even if he did).

you know who says noah and god at least tried to change humanity before the flood? muslims and the quran.
    You're right. There are no recorded "sermons" by Noah, but it isn't too far a stretch of the imagination to see that the ark was probably the most popular attraction of the day.

If you think Noah wasn't mocked by those that drowned you're fooling yourself.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Jun '15 13:32
    Originally posted by josephw
    You're right. There are no recorded "sermons" by Noah, but it isn't too far a stretch of the imagination to see that the ark was probably the most popular attraction of the day.

If you think Noah wasn't mocked by those that drowned you're fooling yourself.
    sure he was. do they deserve to be drowned for it though? do the children of those who mocked him deserve to drown? surely some didn't bother to mock him, do those people deserve to drown?

we are talking about a society that was deemed utterly worthless so god decided to drown them. Isn't it weird that people so evil didn't murder noah? or even steal that wood he was gathering. you would think at least some of those "evil" people would think to murder the pandas and see what they taste like as steak.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jun '15 14:141 edit
    Second Peter 2:5 says that Noah was a herald of righteousness. He was a preacher, and announcer heralding righteousness:

English Standard Version
    if he did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a herald of righteousness, with seven others, when he brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly;

New American Standard Bible
    and did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a preacher of righteousness, with seven others, when He brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly;

Before Noah there was Methusaleh whose father Enoch had been raptured off of the earth for his walking with God (Genesis 5:22-24).

But the testimony of Enoch and the very name of his son Methuselah also were warning to the people of Noah's day.

Methuselah means something like "When he dies it will come." Now we know why Methuselah lived longer than any other recorded human being - 969 years (Gen. 5:27).

God kept him alive to give the sinful people as much time as He possibly could before judgment must fall. Don't think that God will tolerate indefinitely the sins of the world. He will not. He may prolong the time for men to repent, responding to the heralding of righteousness. But He will not tolerate our sins forever as some people seem to think God should.

There is another thing to consider. God's judging of a society may not be the precise judging of each individual in that society as to his or her eternal destiny.

I believe that America is under God's judgment today. That does not mean that if some calamity should cause deaths, that each individual who suffered or died is specifically being judged for some judgment causing evil. Nor does it mean that that calamity determined there eternal judgment with their lives.

Many critics of my Christian faith argue in a way that fails to see the distinction of God's judging a society and His judgment of an individual life.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jun '15 14:23
    Enoch saw God's judgment was coming upon the world. He walked with God year after year as a result. He also probably considered how he could best raise his children.

The combination of seeing God's judgment was coming and having children to raise caused him all the more to want to walk with God.

One night he was walking and walking with God and it was getting late. God said "Enoch, you're closer to my home than your own. Why don't you just come in and stay with Me?"

A little imagination there.

Anyway, the testimony of Enoch preparing for what was to come by walking step by step with God is a model to the Christian today. It should be. It shows that God will even go to that extent, to remove one alive from the face of the earth before terrible divine judgment falls on the planet.

Enoch's walking with God is not only a lesson in escape from judgment. Enoch's walking with God also fulfills God's eternal purpose to secure a group of created human beings who live by and through God thereby becoming united with God.

Enoch and all who learn to walk with God will continue that walk in the new heaven and new earth for eternity.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 21:011 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Enoch saw God's judgment was coming upon the world. He walked with God year after year as a result. He also probably considered how he could best raise his children.

The combination of seeing God's judgment was coming and having children to raise caused him all the more to want to walk with God.

One night he was walking and walking with God and it w ...[text shortened]... who learn to walk with God will continue that walk in the new heaven and new earth for eternity.
    Hallelujah, indeed!

Thanks also for the insight into Methuselah.

Edit: I also agree about America today. Last time I brought this up I was roundly criticized for it.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 21:10
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Hallelujah, indeed!

Thanks also for the insight into Methuselah.

Edit: I also agree about America today. Last time I brought this up I was roundly criticized for it.
    Sister, the world before the flood had never seen such a thing before.
    Today also, what is coming on this world has never before been seen.

We need to wake up each morning telling the Lord we love Him and want to walk with Him today.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 10:26
    [b]Second Peter 2:5 says that Noah was a herald of righteousness. He was a preacher, and announcer heralding righteousness:

[quote] English Standard Version
    if he did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a herald of righteousness, with seven others, when he brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly;

New Ameri ...[text shortened]... fails to see the distinction of God's judging a society and His judgment of an individual life.
    Just wondering if you see any significance in methuselah dying before he reached 1000 years?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 11:05
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Footnote to Christians: If Jesus is really God, then Jesus had a very big part to play in all of this evil. Why Jesus gets a 'clean slate' in the New Testament is difficult to comprehend........He did the evil too.
    I'm not sure this is why they nailed him to a cross, but I bet you are glad they did. 😵
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 21:07
    [b]Second Peter 2:5 says that Noah was a herald of righteousness. He was a preacher, and announcer heralding righteousness:

[quote] English Standard Version

New Ameri ...[text shortened]... fails to see the distinction of God's judging a society and His judgment of an individual life.
    I believe that America is under God's judgment today.

This is a popular comment in most pulpits today. If God judged Sodom and Gomorrah then he is certainly judging America today.
    I am not so certain about this. I think America is destroying itself with their lust, selfish attitudes, corruption, etc.
    But understand this...If God is judging America today, then he will have to apologize to Jesus Christ, who died for the sins of the world.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 21:221 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    But understand this...If God is judging America today, then he will have to apologize to Jesus Christ, who died for the sins of the world.
    How does that work then; one person of the alleged trinity apologising to another. Good grief.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 22:35
    I do not believe in a trinity. I believe in God the Father, His son Jesus the Christ and the power of holy spirit.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 22:56
    God has reserved all judgement until the day of judgement. He is not judging America.

http://www.awmi.net/extra/article/war_over
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 17:53
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I do not believe in a trinity. I believe in God the Father, His son Jesus the Christ and the power of holy spirit.
    OK, how does it work that God apologises to Jesus?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree