1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '12 03:27
    Originally posted by whodey
    Even though they deny Mohammad to be their god, their actions say otherwise in my view because they worship every word and every action the man took or said.
    Mohammad is not worshiped or prayed to by Muslims. To say so exhibits a profound lack of understanding in a subject you appear to be deeply interested in. I know from your posts on the Debates Thread that you visit blogs by people who don't like Islam and copy paste material from them. But have you ever discussed theology with a Muslim?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Sep '12 11:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    Mohammad is not worshiped or prayed to by Muslims. To say so exhibits a profound lack of understanding in a subject you appear to be deeply interested in. I know from your posts on the Debates Thread that you visit blogs by people who don't like Islam and copy paste material from them. But have you ever discussed theology with a Muslim?
    As I said, they deny Mohammad as their god. Therefore, they don't pray to him and don't physically get down on their hands and knees and worship him. However, must one pray to an idol and get down on your hands and knees and worship an idol for it to be an idol? I say no.

If they were to unearth manuscripts that Jesus wrote himself and it conflicted with Mohammads version, Muslims would still side with Mohammads version. The same could be said for any other Biblical prophet. The fact remains that Mohammad is their #1 prophet and what he says goes. That is what I mean when I say that he is their god.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Sep '12 11:241 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You drawing attention to ATY's word choice does not disguise the ignorance you exhibit over the status of the Bible within Islamic theology.
    And what is that ignorance FMF?

I've debated Muslims before. They use scripture to defend their positions, but when scripture conflicts with their own positions they glibly say that the scriptures have been corrupted. To them, the Bible is nothing more than a weapon to disprove itself as the uncorrupted word of God.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '12 11:39
    I've debated Muslims before. They use scripture to defend their positions, but when scripture conflicts with their own positions they glibly say that the scriptures have been corrupted. To them, the Bible is nothing more than a weapon to disprove itself as the uncorrupted word of God.
    I don't believe you've debated Muslims in real life, face to face. Online maybe, but then they may have been the Muslim cyber equivalents of whodey, i.e. minimal integrity, little or no credibility, make stuff up all the time.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '12 11:41
    And what is that ignorance FMF?
    You make factual errors about tenets of the Islam all the time, and even though you get corrected, you trot them out again regardless when you need to make an inaccurate assertion to prop up one of your "personal reality" "post-fact" hyper-partisan posts. Worse than ignorance, in fact.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '12 11:44
    As I said, they deny Mohammad as their god. Therefore, they don't pray to him and don't physically get down on their hands and knees and worship him. However, must one pray to an idol and get down on your hands and knees and worship an idol for it to be an idol? I say no.
    If you've ever met a Muslim in real life you'll know that their worship and prayer is directly addressed to God. They would have laughed at you for suggesting they "worship" or "pray to" Mohammed. It's as if you've never even read anything about the religion, let alone "debated Muslims".
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '12 11:541 edit
    If they were to unearth manuscripts that Jesus wrote himself and it conflicted with Mohammads version, Muslims would still side with Mohammads version. The same could be said for any other Biblical prophet. The fact remains that Mohammad is their #1 prophet and what he says goes. That is what I mean when I say that he is their god.
    This is sheer make-it-up-as-you-go-along twaddle, whodey. It does not even have the virtue of being sarcastic or satirical.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Sep '12 20:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    They acknowledge Jesus as a prophet.
    Quran 3:45 and 4:171 refer to Isa as the Messiah I believe.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 03:592 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you've ever met a Muslim in real life you'll know that their worship and prayer is directly addressed to God. They would have laughed at you for suggesting they "worship" or "pray to" Mohammed. It's as if you've never even read anything about the religion, let alone "debated Muslims".
    Muslims do not worship God. They worship a false god that has no son and his name is Allah. They say this all the time. The true God has a son and His name is Yah.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

P.S. Any false god is an idol. That is the definition.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 04:05
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Muslims do not worship God. They worship a false god that has no son and his name is Allah. They say this all the time. The true God has a son and His name is Yah.
    My point was that Muslims do not worship or pray to Mohammed, as has been insinuated. Their religion involves them in a direct relationship with God, and not through the intercession of "saints" or prophets. This is a matter of theology and not a matter of your own [or my] personal beliefs.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 04:06
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Quran 3:45 and 4:171 refer to Isa as the Messiah I believe.
    Fair enough. Apologies. I haven't heard the word used, but I have heard Jesus being acknowledged as a prophet and Mary's virgin birth etc.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 04:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    My point was that Muslims do not worship or pray to Mohammed, as has been insinuated. Their religion involves them in a direct relationship with God, and not through the intercession of "saints" or prophets. This is a matter of theology and not a matter of your own [or my] personal beliefs.
    They do acknowledge Mohammed as a greater prophet than Jesus, who is the Son of God and should be honored the same as God is honored according to the Holy Bible. So something is wrong here. I say it is because they worship an idol by the name of Allah who is represented by his false prophet Mohammed.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 05:04
    They do acknowledge Mohammed as a greater prophet than Jesus, who is the Son of God and should be honored the same as God is honored according to the Holy Bible. So something is wrong here. I say it is because they worship an idol by the name of Allah who is represented by his false prophet Mohammed.
    The issue here is not what your religion is, or what you believe about Islam, whether you think it is false or whether or not their God is the same as your God. The issue is what Islamic theology actually is. They do not worship or pray to Mohammed as has been insinuated. But I think you know this.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 05:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    The issue here is not what your religion is, or what you believe about Islam, whether you think it is false or whether or not their God is the same as your God. The issue is what Islamic theology actually is. They do not worship or pray to Mohammed as has been insinuated. But I think you know this.
    Well, they must bow down in a certain direction to pray to something that is not the true God, regardless if it is a city, a building, a false prophet, a false god, or whatever it is in that direction and so they must be praying to an idol of some sort. And I do not hear them say HalleluYah. 😏
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 05:18
    Well, they must bow down in a certain direction to pray to something that is not the true God, regardless if it is a city, a building, a false prophet, a false god, or whatever it is in that direction and so they must be praying to an idol of some sort. And I do not hear them say HalleluYah. 😏
    The issue here is not what you believe about Islam. The issue is what Islamic theology actually is and Mohammed is not worshipped; the relationship with God is a direct one - nobody praying in a mosque is praying to Mohammed. Whether or not you subscribe to the Muslim faith has no bearing on this reality.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree