1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 05:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    The issue here is not what you believe about Islam. The issue is what Islamic theology actually is and Mohammed is not worshipped; the relationship with God is a direct one - nobody praying in a mosque is praying to Mohammed. Whether or not you subscribe to the Muslim faith has no bearing on this reality.
    What you believe about Muslims and Islam doesn't appear to me to have any bearing on truth. 😏
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 05:53
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What you believe about Muslims and Islam doesn't appear to me to have any bearing on truth. 😏
    The facts of Islamic theology are not dependent on what I personally believe about them. They are something you can simply look up and find out about. If you think Muslims pray to Mohammed then that is a matter for you. It has no basis in Islamic theology or practice.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 05:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    The facts of Islamic theology are not dependent on what I personally believe about them. They are something you can simply look up and find out about. If you think Muslims pray to Mohammed then that is a matter for you. It has no basis in Islamic theology or practice.
    What does it matter that I look it up? The truth is they worship a false god, Allah, who is really Satan the devil.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 06:04
    What does it matter that I look it up? The truth is they worship a false god, Allah, who is really Satan the devil.
    If you're interested in their theology and practices, and the actual status of Mohammed, and how he relates to their prayer, then you can look it up if you want. Allah is simply a word that means God - as in the monotheistic God that Abraham worshipped - and it is used by Arab Christians [and was for centuries before Islam was founded] along with several million non-Arab Christians elsewhere in the world. As for your own beliefs about "Satan" etc. I am already aware of them. They don't have much to do with the stuff I am suggesting you look up.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 06:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you're interested in their theology and practices, and the actual status of Mohammed, and how he relates to their prayer, then you can look it up if you want. Allah is simply a word that means God - as in the monotheistic God that Abraham worshipped - and it is used by Arab Christians [and was for centuries before Islam was founded] along with several million ...[text shortened]... lready aware of them. They don't have much to do with the stuff I am suggesting you look up.
    Looking someting up that you suggest has no bearing on what is true. Allah is a distortion of the true God and Islam is a false religion and Muslims are idol worshippers. If you do have friends that are Muslims you should tell them what I have said about them really worshipping Satan the devil in disguise 😏
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 07:10
    Looking someting up that you suggest has no bearing on what is true. Allah is a distortion of the true God and Islam is a false religion and Muslims are idol worshippers. If you do have friends that are Muslims you should tell them what I have said about them really worshipping Satan the devil in disguise 😏
    I would say that just about every Muslim I currently know or work with is just as secure in their religious beliefs as you are about yours. None of them have ever suggested to me that I should tell my Christian friends something about their religion. Muslims and Christians work alongside each other here and for the most part respect each other. I have had friends who converted from one religion to the other because of who they were marrying. As for me, I have no interest in trying to turn Christians into Muslims, or Muslims into Christians, as I am not a devotee of either faith.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 14:59
    Originally posted by whodey
    After reading the "Bible is an idol" thread, it came to me that the Quran seems much more so. In fact, you can't so much as sneeze on one least you be charged with blasphemy. And if you burn one ambassadors around the world will die th next day. Children are forced to memorize it word for word and they go to great lengths in tracing back its origins.

What say you? Does the Quran seem idol like?
    This was written by my Pastor and may be relevant to this topic..
    It is titled "The Difference Between Muhammad and Jesus Christ "

Over the past several days the Middle East and North Africa has erupted in violence. The perpetrators are Muslims supposedly angry over an insult to Muhammad. When followers of Muhammad protest the reviling of their prophet with outrage, destruction and mindless violence, they provide us with clear difference between Muhammad and Christ.

Islam was born in a storm of violence. At the Battle of Banu Quraiza (627AD), Muhammad had all the Jewish men assembled and beheaded. The young Jewish boys were beheaded after being sexually humiliated. The Jewish women were separated out to be raped or sold into slavery. At the Massacre of Kaibyr,
    Muhammad ordered a fire set on the Jewish chieftain's chest torturing him to reveal the whereabouts of the city’s treasure. When he refused after great unimaginable suffering, the chieftain was taken and beheaded. Muhammad raped his 17 year old wife that night.

On orders from Muhammad, his soldiers would assassinate his opponents. On orders from Muhammad, Muslim women were buried to their chests and stoned to death. On orders from Muhammad, Muslims who were judged to be deficient in their faith were burnt alive in their homes. Muhammad through his politico-religious system created an immoral framework of depravity whereby murder, rape, and torture were committed on kefirs (infidels). And all of this evil was supposedly sanctioned by Allah. When Muslims today resort to violence they are only following in the footsteps of their prophet.

During his life Jesus Christ was called a bastard (John 8:42), a drunkard, (Matthew11:19), a blasphemer (Matthew 26:65), and a devil (Matthew 10:25). But if Christ had not been insulted we could not have been saved from the evil of sin. His work of salvation was to be mocked and insulted and despised so that we could be saved from the wrath of God because of our own immorality.

The pain of Christ’s sufferings and mockery were promised in the Old Testament—“But I am a worm, and no man; A reproach of men, and despised by the people. All those who see Me ridicule Me (Psalm 22:6, 7),” and “He is despised and rejected by men, A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised, and we did not esteem Him (Isaiah 53:3).”

When Jesus Christ was actually crucified, “they stripped Him and put a scarlet robe on Him. When they had twisted a crown of thorns, they put it on His head, and a reed in His right hand. And they bowed the knee before Him and mocked Him, saying, “Hail, King of the Jews!” Then they spat on Him, and took the reed and struck Him on the head (Matthew 27:28-30).” All of this was done because “He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all (Isaiah 53:5, 6).”

That is the difference between Christ and Muhammad. For Christ, mockery and suffering was the essence of his mission and by it we are saved. Muhammad mocked, tortured and killed others to defend his own honor. And that is the difference between a follower of Christ and a follower of Muhammad. Many followers of Muhammad follow in the prophet’s footsteps. We too are to follow in our Master’s footsteps. It is written “If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you (1 Peter 4:14).”

One day Jesus Christ will be revealed “coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory (Matthew 24:30)” to be mocked no more. And “When Christ who is our life appears, then you [the believer in Christ] also will appear with Him in glory (Colossians 3:4).” Muhammad, who honored himself will be “punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power (2 Thessalonians 1:9).”
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 17:451 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter

Over the past several days the Middle East and North Africa has erupted in violence. The perpetrators are Muslims supposedly angry over an insult to Muhammad. When followers of Muhammad protest the reviling of their pro ruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power (2 Thessalonians 1:9).”
    Your pastor is a wise man with courage. I wish every pastor of a Christian church would have the courage to speak out against Islam and stop saying that we worship the same God, but tell the people the truth.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 18:44
    Your pastor is a wise man with courage. I wish every pastor of a Christian church would have the courage to speak out against Islam and stop saying that we worship the same God, but tell the people the truth.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    I wish it were so,my friend, and yes, he is a very wise man filled with the spirit of God.
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 16:27

Over the past several days the Middle East and North Africa has erupted in violence. The perpetrators are Muslims supposedly angry over an insult to Muhammad. When followers of Muhammad protest the reviling of their pro ...[text shortened]... ruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power (2 Thessalonians 1:9).”
    Jesus is peaceful [sort of] until you get to the book of Revelation.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 17:59
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Jesus is peaceful [sort of] until you get to the book of Revelation.
    I wish it were here already...🙂
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 20:53
    I wish it were here already...🙂
    I think anyone who is actually eager for the events of Revelation to occur is demented.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 12:53
    The Koran might not be, but the Kaaba certainly is.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 14:02
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    The Koran might not be, but the Kaaba certainly is.
    Well, at least they bow down and pray toward it. That is for sure. What they actually think when they are doing this is not known.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree