Moves
    15 Oct '11 07:39
    http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Names_of_G-d/Trinity/trinity.html
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 08:142 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    its not found in scripture but its an entirely Jewish concept, mmmm, you think they
    might have mentioned it in passing in scripture, you know, a sniffle here, a sniffle
    there. But no, not even a slither of a mention.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 08:163 edits
    No it isn't.

The word appears nowhere in the Bible and is a pagan construct (multiple gods) which was adopted by the emerging and evolving Roman catholic church established by Emperor Constantine approx 300 years AD.

"The mystery of God in Christ" as Paul puts it is one which is perceived spiritually and with reference to the core established principles of of God himself in the OT.

Hear oh Israel the Lord your God is one God. There is one saviour who is Lord of all who will not give his glory to another.

There is ONE God revealed in several manifestations. Not three people in one God - that is paganism.

(apologies for the edits.)
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 09:08
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No it isn't.

The word appears nowhere in the Bible and is a pagan construct (multiple gods) which was adopted by the emerging and evolving Roman catholic church established by Emperor Constantine approx 300 years AD.

"The mystery of God in Christ" as Paul puts it is one which is perceived spiritually and with reference to the core established princ ...[text shortened]... anifestations. Not three people in one God - that is paganism.

"Not three people in one God " shows your ignorance of the Trinity.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 12:149 edits
    No it isn't.

"The mystery of God in Christ" as Paul puts it is one which is perceived spiritually and with reference to the core established princ ...[text shortened]... anifestations. Not three people in one God - that is paganism.

No it isn't.

The word appears nowhere in the Bible and is a pagan construct (multiple gods)

Dive, are you saying that because I believe in the Trinity I believe in "multiple gods" ?

If that is what you are insisting then I have to tell you that the "Trinity" that you complain is not biblical is not the Trinity that I see as biblical.

Are we able to first dispense with strawmen arguments and misconceptions before we fellowship on the Trinity ?

which was adopted by the emerging and evolving Roman catholic church established by Emperor Constantine approx 300 years AD.

Before 300 AD the writings of these Christians reveals that they were in the experience of what we call the Trinity. And their writings about the matter was in the way of experience.

Clement of Rome (A.D. 90-100)
    Ignatius of Antioch (A.D. 98-135)
    Polycarp of Smyrna (A.D. 70-155)
    Hermas (A.D. 40-150?)

Experiencial references to the Trinity also are found in -

The Epistle of Barnabus (A.D. 100)
    The Didache (also called the Teaching of the Twelve Apostles) (A.D. 70-165)

The testimony concerning the Triune God is absolutely related to experience. The Trinity was considered a fact of the Christian experience rather than a subject of investigation and exact definition.

The point here is not that everything in these writings is as reliable as the word of God itself. The point is neither that men make no mistakes.

The point is that long before 300 A.D. Christians wrote about their experience of the Triune God in a matter of fact way, taking for granted that the basic concepts of God being Father, Son, Holy Spirit was a common realization in the Christian community.

H.B. Swete in "The Holy Spirit and the Ancient Church" writes on page 31

"During the period of the Apostolic Fathers, there was as yet no formal theology of the Spirit and no effort to create it; nor was there any conscious heresy. But the presence of the Spirit in the Body of Christ was recognized on all hands as an acnowledged fact of the Christian life; while each writer dealt with the fact as it presented itself to his own experience or the experience of the local church in which he lived."

To give one example of this from the writings of the Christian writers/writings listed about we look at Hermas (A.D. 40-150?). He wrote of the trinitarian concept that the Holy Spirit is the Son of God:

" I wish to explain to you what the Holy Spirit that spake with you in the form of the church showed you, for that Spirit is the Son of God"

The Shepherd of Hermas, Similitude 9:1
  6. England
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 14:17
    is a modern way to discribe the trinity.. computer, internet, electricity. one works unseen for the other two.. one works as the link between the two.. and one works for the greater of the other two.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 15:09
    Then please describe how what you believe is different to what I believe?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 15:29
    Then please describe how what you believe is different to what I believe?
    One of the things I agree with the Catholic Church on is "THE TRINITY".
    Read the following for a good explanation:

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15047a.htm
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 16:27
    One of the things I agree with the Catholic Church on is "THE TRINITY".
    Read the following for a good explanation:

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15047a.htm
    "The Trinity is the term employed to signify the central doctrine of the Christian religion — the truth that in the unity of the Godhead there are Three Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, these Three Persons being truly distinct one from another."

This is precisely what I do not believe; multiple people = multiple gods - it's pagan.

You may of course choose to believe whatever you choose.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 16:30
    You may of course choose to believe whatever you choose.
    Thaddaboy.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 16:301 edit
    More error from the site, at just a cursory glance:

"First He taught them to recognize in Himself the Eternal Son of God"

The phase "Eternal Son" appears nowhere in scripture. The office of son-ship will end when he (Jesus) hands over all things to the (office of) Father.

There is ONE God and Lord of all. Hear oh Israel, the Lord your God is ONE.

Not THREE.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 16:32

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 16:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    Thaddaboy.
    Thought I had better add that.

Of course the grammar is rubbish so robbie wouldn't accept it, even if I wasn't on ignore...
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 16:48
    "The Trinity is the term employed to signify the central doctrine of the Christian religion — the truth that in the unity of the Godhead there are Three Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, these [b]Three Persons being truly distinct one from another."

This is precisely what I do not believe; multiple people = multiple gods - it's pagan.

You may of course choose to believe whatever you choose.[/b]
    You did not read the reference. There is not three people, but three persons.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 16:51
    More error from the site, at just a cursory glance:

"First He taught them to recognize in Himself the Eternal Son of God"

The phase "Eternal Son" appears nowhere in scripture. The [b]office
    of son-ship will end when he (Jesus) hands over all things to the (office of) Father.

There is ONE God and Lord of all. Hear oh Israel, the Lord your God is ONE.

Not THREE.[/b]
    The Trinity does not teach 3 gods. I gave you a reference. Why do you
    refuse to read it all? You asked for it, didn't you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree