1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 06:02
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I said I believe the three are distinct but not separate. Now let's consider.

First of all I did not say three [b]what
    . I just said "the three".

The three ________ are distinct but not separate. I don't object to putting in the blank "Persons". But I would not press that word too far. I only would borrow it for communication.

John N ...[text shortened]... up the same. Through Him (Christ the Son) we have access by one Spirit unto the Father."[/b]
    Don't let me misrepresent you, sorry.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 12:551 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester

I have a bad habit of coming off too confrontational. I have heard that the latest most popular past time is getting on the Internet and telling other people that they are wrong. LOL!

You see we could not have fellowship at all unless we both had fellowship with God. And I don't think we could have fellowship with God without Jesus Christ the Son of God.

Don't look now but we are in the very experience of the Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 13:023 edits
    It is so easy to get into a debate on the Trinity of God. When we just talk a little too much, the misunderstanding of human language causes us to appear in error on this side or on that side of the matter.

"What do you mean three Persons ?"

"What do you mean only one Person ?"

Does anyone seriously think man came up with such a puzzling and contraversial idea as God as Father - Son - Holy Spirit ?

You can't blame this on "pagans". No pagan would be so stupid to try to start a new religion with such a perplexing and confusing idea.

The Three- One nature of God may be God's own filter to filter out all human pride in the strength of the human intellect. The revelation weeds out pride in our intellect because it is so incomprehensible to explain.

The humbling of it has God's style all over it. So bear the shame for believing in God as Father - Son - Holy Spirit and be happy.
  4. Standard memberKrapsparov
    Don't baptise cats!!
    Manchester
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 13:10
    John 14:28
    My father is greater than I
    There is nowhere to go from there - even Jesus does not recognise the trinity.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 13:12
    Originally posted by jaywill
    It is so easy to get into a debate on the Trinity of God. When we just talk a little too much, the misunderstanding of human language causes us to appear in error on this side or on that side of the matter.

"What do you mean three Persons ?"

"What do you mean only one Person ?"

Does anyone seriously think man came up with such a puzzling and ...[text shortened]... it. So bear the shame for believing in God as Father - Son - Holy Spirit and be happy.
    God's "pride filter".

I like that.

Kind of like arguing with the atheists here. They might say, "Oh yeah, then how do you explain X?" "Well, I can't." "AHA!"

LOL, a "pride filter" indeed!
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 16:512 edits
    Originally posted by Krapsparov
    John 14:28
    My father is greater than I
    There is nowhere to go from there - even Jesus does not recognise the trinity.
    So what did Jesus mean by this when He has ALL Authority and commands the
    disciples to baptise in ONE Name that represent THREE Personalities.? He
    certainly would not be claiming there are THREE Gods would He?

And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to
    Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations,
    baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy
    Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and
    lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

(Matthew 28:18-20 NKJV)

P.S. There may be various reasons why Jesus said the Father is greater than I.
    One may be the Fathers position. We acknowledge that the Son is the
    2nd person of the Trinity and the Father is the 1st.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 17:22
    Originally posted by RJHinds

Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all t ...[text shortened]... ition. We acknowledge that the Son is the
    Yes exactly ONE name.

How many denominations baptise saying "in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy ghost"?

Find me one incidence in the Bible where the disciples did that, just one. Every time without exception they baptised "in the name of Jesus Christ". EVERY time.

Read it again; in THE name (singular) of the Father, AND of the son AND of holy ghost they used JESUS.

The name 'Jehovah' was redundant and we have entered into the dispensation of salvation, God Saves translates to Jesus.

One day the name Jesus will be redundant, when all things are handed back to the Father.

It's crystal clear to me.
  8. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 17:30

Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all t ...[text shortened]... ition. We acknowledge that the Son is the
    he is asking them to baptize in the name of three separate entities, not three separate persons of one god. he is not asking them to baptize in the name of 'god the son' and 'god the holy spirit'

no trinity here.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 17:39
    Yes exactly ONE name.

How many denominations baptise saying "in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy ghost"?

Find me one incidence in the Bible where the disciples did that, just one. Every time without exception they baptised "in the name of Jesus Christ". EVERY time.

Read it again; in THE name (singular) of the Father, AND of ...[text shortened]... be redundant, when all things are handed back to the Father.

It's crystal clear to me.
    I have already explained the name represent authority and that
    one name is YAH amd is pronounced like in hallelu YAH.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 17:41
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    he is asking them to baptize in the name of three separate entities, not three separate persons of one god. he is not asking them to baptize in the name of 'god the son' and 'god the holy spirit'

no trinity here.
    You can't be serious.
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 19:123 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    God's "pride filter".

I like that.

Kind of like arguing with the atheists here. They might say, "Oh yeah, then how do you explain X?" "Well, I can't." "AHA!"

God's "pride filter".

I like that.

We may enjoy something forever which we now cannot explain.

Some people feel that if something cannot be explained than it cannot be experienced. With God that absolutely is not the case.

Again, it is good to recall voices from the past on this:

Someone commenting on a sermon preached by John Wesley (A.D. 1703 - 1791) wrote:

"Last Friday Mr. Wesley came. It was a time of hurry, but also profit ... I could not but discern a great change. His soul seems far more sunk into God. Each sermon was indeed spirit and life. In preaching on the Trinity, he observed, it was our duty to believe according to the Word of God: but we were not called to comprehend; that was impossible. Bring me, said he, a worm that can comprehend a man; I will show you a man that can comprehend God. He observed that if three candles were burning in a room the light was but one."
  12. Standard memberKrapsparov
    Don't baptise cats!!
    Manchester
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 20:27
    P.S. There may be various reasons why Jesus said the Father is greater than I.
    One may be the Fathers position. We acknowledge that the Son is the
    2nd person of the Trinity and the Father is the 1st.[/b]
    Or another that he was not the son of god.
    If you work on the assumption that Jesus was NOT the son of god, then he is just a liar, a mad man, or just evil.
    Working on the assumption that he WAS the son of god, it would not even be a topic of discussion, let alone doubt.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 20:292 edits
    I have already explained the name represent authority and that
    one name is YAH amd is pronounced like in hallelu YAH.
    The name that matters to mankind now is Jesus Christ (God's anointed saves).

How often do you hear people say "oh for Yah's sake"? Never. Why, because there is no power in that name; not in this dispensation.

How often do you hear people take the name of "Jesus Christ" in vain..? Think about it.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 20:31
    According to who?

Irrespective; please define how [b]"three distinct and separate persons"
    are in fact one person?

Edit: please define this in a coherent way that overrules "Hear oh Israel, the Lord your God is one".[/b]
    Yes the scripture says (((( 1 ))))))) God. If God were indeed a multiple God in itself or 3 beings or 3 persons or 3 entities or 3 personalities or whatever terms trinitarians can come up with ( which reminds me of evolutionist who play with words ) don't trinitarians think that this would have been the great time for this thought to be explained correctly?
    If this were true this scripture should make this 3 in 1 god cyrstal clear to us. But nothing here or in the rest of the Bible even gives a hint that God is more then 1.
    Jesus while on earth never slightly suggested that he was Jehovah or a prt of a three being God.
    If anything he made many referances to the Hebrew scriptures that speak of his Father and the position he has compaired to him. He even said he was never in a positon to be equal to his Father. He he were not equal then but maybe would be someday, why did he not mention that?
    It seems that trinitairians are like evolutionist who seem to think the evidence is there but in reality it doesn't exist at all.
    Brain washing can exist in many forms, not just with science and evolution but with religion and the trinity.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 20:38
    I'm genuinely surprised that so many Christians accept the trinity doctrine; I've never met one who came to that conclusion without being taught it in a denomination. There is stacks of evidence that trinities are pagan in origin, like christmas days of the week, months of the year and other secular icons.

I am a fundamentalist. One day when I have ...[text shortened]... h are what we should be contending for - we should all be fundamentalists in the true sense.
    Good points. I know with all my beliefs that if everyone started on a clean slate with the Bible and with no influances from religions that the thought of the Trinity would never enter anyones mind. Period......

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree