1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 23:05
    Originally posted by galveston75
    "I mean... what is you and galveston's motivation here? You can put together comments from people, definitions from dictionaries and position papers. You can rub each other's back and make comments on the side about how the trinity is satanic.... criticize those that don't believe as you do, aren't we great? I ask again, what is your motivation? "

Fir ...[text shortened]... es are to teach those who want to know the truths in the Bible about such things as the trinity.
    Don't be so hung up on the trinity word thingy.

Study the Word of God and learn what it teaches concerning the Godhead. Do your own study and investigation, and you'll learn the true identity of Jesus.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 23:07
    Originally posted by josephw

Study the Word of God and learn what it teaches concerning the Godhead. Do your own study and investigation, and you'll learn the true identity of Jesus.
    Godhead?? You too?

It's the same as trinity, as long as Jesus and the Holy Spirit are also God....in any way!
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 23:261 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Hear oh sonship, the Lord your God is one.
    Hear oh sonship, the Lord your God is one.

I love that passage (Deut. 6:4).

But I love also Eph. 4:6 and John 14:23

The problem is not that I believe something extra.
    It that you don't believe enough.

I love that passage of Deut. 6:4.

JPS Tanakh 1917
    HEAR, O ISRAEL: THE LORD OUR GOD, THE LORD IS ONE.

New American Standard 1977
    “Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!

Jubilee Bible 2000
    Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD.

King James 2000 Bible
    Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

American King James Version
    Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

American Standard Version
    Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah:

Douay-Rheims Bible
    Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God is one Lord.

Darby Bible Translation
    Hear, Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah;

Sorry your little broom cannot sweep into some obscure corner of oblivion Eph. 4:6 and John 14:23.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 01:38
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Godhead?? You too?

It's the same as trinity, as long as Jesus and the Holy Spirit are also God....in any way!
    Hard to imagine isn't it?

See it in your minds eye. Three as one, one as three. My God is an awesome God. Father, Son and Holy Ghost. There's just no one else in all creation like Him. No one else at all.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 01:41
    Godhead?? You too?

It's all just words, man.

What's important is what those words represent.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 03:091 edit

I know exactly who Jesus is and the longer I investigate the trinity the more I'm so in wonderment that anyone would believe it. Some of you guys are way too smart to fall for this!!!!
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 03:12
    Originally posted by sonship
    Alpha and Omega (‎75 occurrences)

Incorrect.
    There are four references to [b]"Alpha and Omega"

Rev. 1:8, 11; 21:6; 22:13

"While many apply this title both to God and to Christ, a more careful examination of its use restricts its application to Jehovah God.

The speaker of "I am the Alpha and the ...[text shortened]... the Lord God, He who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty." (Rev. 1:7,8) [/quote][/b]
    What a mess......
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 07:38
    Hear oh Dive, your God is three.
    I don't understand why you keep saying this to me.

You are aware aren't you, that when it comes to matters of Christianity, I regard you are being someone who is unable to distinguish between their arse and their elbow.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 07:43
    What a mess......
    Sonship may have bought in at 45 degrees to the trinity thing, it I wouldn't say his ideas a "mess", certainly when not compared to what you believe anyway. Let's look at the evidence:

Believes that Jehovah and Jesus are separate entities - kind of sort of not really separate but more joined in a separate kind of way. Yep bit messy. But hold on.
    Believes that Jesus was an archangel - no
    Believes that this archangel is his saviour - no
    Insists that Jehovah is his only saviour but also states that the archangel Jesus is also his saviour - no

Who is your saviour Galveston?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 12:311 edit
    What a mess......
    It certainly is a mess for you to say there are 75 occurrences of the phrase "Alpha and Omega" in the Bible when there are only four.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 12:43
    Excellent post.

"Name" singular.
    Same "name" for the father and of the son and of the Holy Ghost
    Who's "name"?

Show me in scripture anywhere where the disciples who were given this command by Jesus, actually baptised using those words? Nowhere. Every time without exception they baptised in the "name" of Jesus.

Jesus is the one "name", sing ...[text shortened]... by which we may be saved. It is the "name" of the father, and of the son and of the holy spirt.
    Bump for josephw (and sonship)

Matthew 28:19
    Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost....

My reply
    Excellent post.

"Name" singular.
    Who's "name"?

Show me in scripture anywhere where the disciples who were given this command by Jesus, actually baptised using those words? Nowhere. Every time without exception they baptised in the "name" of Jesus.

Jesus is the one "name", singular, given amoung men, by which we may be saved. It is the "name" of the father, and of the son and of the holy spirt.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 12:53
    People believe that there should be some kind of relationship between God and man.

1.) One level is that God is the Creator and humanity is the creation. And that is certainly true.

2.) Some go a little further to believe that God is Lord and His people are His servants. And that too has true ground.

3.) Some understand another truth - that God is King and His people would be subjects or citizens of God's kingdom.

These relationships are all biblical. And perhaps they bring man and God closer and closer together. But the ultimate relationship that God's salvation brings many people do not see.

That is that God and man are mingled so that man lives God and God lives in man.
    it is the revelation of the mingling of God and man that the religious mind often cannot and will not accept.

We even might say that the purpose of religion is to keep God and human beings separated. This is the mission of the Jehovah's Witnesses. They want to make sure that there is no union in life between God and man. But this is because they do not see how full, how extensive, how effective and how total is the redemption of Christ.

They don't see God as coming as God and man mingled. And they do not see God's eternal purpose to go being mere Creator / creature or King / subject or Master / servants to Bridegroom and Bride.

The kingdom is the "eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 1:11). And this Godman reigns not temporarily but "forever and ever"

"The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and He will reign forever and ever." (Rev. 11:15)

Forever God will never put off from Him the humanity with which He clothed Himself in incarnation. He will eternally be not only the only begotten Son but the Firstborn among many brothers. His salvation has brought God and man so close as to defy the natural religious mind.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 13:082 edits
    Excellent post.

"Name" singular.
    Who's "name"?

Jesus is the one "name", singular, given amoung men, by which we may be saved. It is the "name" of the father, and of the son and of the holy spirt.

That's the Triune God.

So the Son is God.
    The Father certainly is God.
    And the Holy Spirit is God.

And hear O sonship Jehovah is One Lord.
    Fine. Wonderful.

Now we notice that the Son is at the right hand of God interceding for the believers

"Who is he who condemns? It is Christ Jesus [the ONE NAME as you said about baptism] who died and, rather, who was raised,

who is also at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us." (Rom. 8:34)

And He Who intercedes for us at the right hand of God also said He and His Father would come to make an abode with His lovers as the Divine "We" of the [one name].

" ... My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him." (John 14:23b)

Not only so, but the Holy Spirit also intercedes for the saints. And God knows what is the mind of the Spirit.

" ... in like manner the Spirit also joins in to help us in our weakness, ... but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us ... But He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to God." (See Rom. 8:26,27)

The interceding Son, the interceding Holy Spirit and the indwelling Father and Son as the Divine "We" makes His abode with the saved.

So the three-one God is a reality.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 13:271 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    blah....
    Of course you can completely ignore the entire content of my post if you want to...oh, you just did.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 13:50
    I know exactly who Jesus is and the longer I investigate the trinity the more I'm so in wonderment that anyone would believe it. Some of you guys are way too smart to fall for this!!!!
    "I know exactly who Jesus is..."

Then for once have the intellectual fortitude to address Isaiah 9:6.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree