1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    23 Sep '06 13:582 edits
    I have a theory which is everyone has a devil. For some it is a political figure like "W", for some it is a corporation such as Wal Mart, for others it is religion, for others a particular country like the US, for others it is an actual being, etc. What is your devil?
  2. Meddling with things
    Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    58590
    23 Sep '06 14:38
    Originally posted by whodey
    I have a theory which is everyone has a devil. For some it is a political figure like "W", for some it is a corporation such as Wal Mart, for others it is religion, for others a particular country like the US, for others it is an actual being, etc. What is your devil?
    Fundementalist believers: a group uniquely responsible for the ills of the world
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    23 Sep '06 14:43
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    Fundementalist believers: a group uniquely responsible for the ills of the world
    We have one vote for fundamentalist religious people as being the "devil". Are you then stereotyping all fundamentalists into one nice little group or only certain kind of fundamentalists?

    Also, is there a "God" in your world or a "Saviour"?
  4. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    2926
    23 Sep '06 19:55
    Originally posted by whodey
    We have one vote for fundamentalist religious people as being the "devil". Are you then stereotyping all fundamentalists into one nice little group or only certain kind of fundamentalists?

    Also, is there a "God" in your world or a "Saviour"?
    devil = thinking too much lol saviour = socializing
  5. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    163
    23 Sep '06 22:21
    There is no good or evil - it just depends on your, or others, view point at that moment whether things are good or bad. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter for example. Bin Laden is demonised by the west, Bush and Blair are demonised by the Muslims in Irag / Afghanistan.
  6. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    2926
    23 Sep '06 22:30
    Originally posted by Fat Freddies Cat
    There is no good or evil - it just depends on your, or others, view point
    i think you just contradicted your self. he asked what is your devil, and now you are saying there is no good or evil and that it depends on your view point.
  7. Meddling with things
    Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    58590
    23 Sep '06 23:05
    Originally posted by whodey
    We have one vote for fundamentalist religious people as being the "devil". Are you then stereotyping all fundamentalists into one nice little group or only certain kind of fundamentalists?

    Also, is there a "God" in your world or a "Saviour"?
    I think you're putting word into my mouth.

    As for the second question; please don't be silly, there's a love.
  8. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    16907
    25 Sep '06 12:44
    The Devil in plain view:

    http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/b/U/bush_whatmeworry.jpg
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148564
    25 Sep '06 14:09
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    Fundementalist believers: a group uniquely responsible for the ills of the world
    Is that one of your foundational world views, sort of a fundamental
    doctrine of sorts don't you think? 🙂
    Kelly
  10. Meddling with things
    Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    58590
    25 Sep '06 19:59
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Is that one of your foundational world views, sort of a fundamental
    doctrine of sorts don't you think? 🙂
    Kelly
    No that is not one of my foundational beliefs.

    If you ask a different question you'll get a more interesting answer.
  11. Joined
    20 Sep '06
    Moves
    1137
    25 Sep '06 20:26
    The devil is real! He exists in all of us! Soon, his spawn shall taketh his place as ruler of this world! Beware! Let he who can taketh the truth vieweth the horror to come by way of this linketh I have provided for all!... http://www.esquilax.com/baywatch/

    GOD BLESS AMURCA!
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148564
    26 Sep '06 06:35
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    No that is not one of my foundational beliefs.

    If you ask a different question you'll get a more interesting answer.
    iRobot? 🙂
    Kelly
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148564
    26 Sep '06 06:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    I have a theory which is everyone has a devil. For some it is a political figure like "W", for some it is a corporation such as Wal Mart, for others it is religion, for others a particular country like the US, for others it is an actual being, etc. What is your devil?
    I believe there are spiritual beings demons and there is a devil, none
    of those to be confused with the world we find our selves in, or our
    flesh with its cravings.
    Kelly
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    26 Sep '06 11:56
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I believe there are spiritual beings demons and there is a devil, none
    of those to be confused with the world we find our selves in, or our
    flesh with its cravings.
    Kelly
    True. There are two thoughts on the matter. The first thought is that the devil is the source of all evil. The second thought is that the devil is just one of many sources of evil. It would appear, however, that the demonic realm and the evil thereof has a hierarchy and order to it much like the heavenly realm. After all, the demonic realm is at odds with the Almighty and therefore geared for war against him. This war like endevour requires order and organization. Lucifer simply happens to be the most powerful in the demonic realm and therefore is its ruler by default.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148564
    26 Sep '06 13:27
    Originally posted by whodey
    True. There are two thoughts on the matter. The first thought is that the devil is the source of all evil. The second thought is that the devil is just one of many sources of evil. It would appear, however, that the demonic realm and the evil thereof has a hierarchy and order to it much like the heavenly realm. After all, the demonic realm is at odds wit ...[text shortened]... mply happens to be the most powerful in the demonic realm and therefore is its ruler by default.
    I agree the devil isn't the only source of evil, he may be the father of
    lies and so on, but between the world system, the flesh, and the devil
    (with all the spiritual being following him) there is plenty that causes
    evil in this universe.
    Kelly
Back to Top