Is there proof for...

Is there proof for...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
29 Mar 07

Originally posted by josephw
I guess you and I are just not going to get along:'(

I sincerely am not trying, at least not this time, to prove anything. I was trying to use other minds as a springboard for some thoughts I was having of my own.

I can't provide any scientific evidence for anything as I am not a scientist.

And I am not trying to waste anybody's time except maybe yours!
😲
And only because it appears you have no sense of humor. 😉
So that's an admission that you have no idea what you are talking about. Good. You are correct in that regard.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
29 Mar 07

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
So that's an admission that you have no idea what you are talking about. Good. You are correct in that regard.
I think maybe you are being a little harsh Xanth. I mean, if this were deej, I'd be the first to back you up, but we don't know joseph that well, perhaps he is interested in learning.

V

Earth

Moves
29 Mar 07

Originally posted by Starrman
So, now that little distraction is out of the way, Varqa can you give me some evidence to show that there's 'more to us humans than just DNA, morphology, physiology and all the other "Logies" combined'?
All the animals have DNA, and morphologically, chemically, physically, and .... are very similar to us. Many of them are close relatives of us, as pointed out by the experts on this site.

We get excited if an ape uses a bone to break up a nut. We get excited if a chicken pecks at a certain color based on certain conditions. But let’s face it. We can not deny that human intelligence and understanding is a billion fold compared to our close relatives.

All animals, including humans, have the same components. But somehow in the case of humans, we have got something that is far more than the sum of its parts. You just can not deny this. You may look at this as just another coincidence, and I respect your opinion. But I can’t accept this to be yet another accident.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
29 Mar 07

Originally posted by Varqa
All the animals have DNA, and morphologically, chemically, physically, and .... are very similar to us. Many of them are close relatives of us, as pointed out by the experts on this site.

We get excited if an ape uses a bone to break up a nut. We get excited if a chicken pecks at a certain color based on certain conditions. But let’s face it. We can not de ...[text shortened]... her coincidence, and I respect your opinion. But I can’t accept this to be yet another accident.
That still hasn't shown us at all that humans are anything more than the sum of the biochemistry and physiology that makes us.

U
All Bark, No Bite

Playing percussion

Moves
29 Mar 07

Originally posted by scottishinnz
That still hasn't shown us at all that humans are anything more than the sum of the biochemistry and physiology that makes us.
It is just really cool biochemistry. And let's not forget biophysics, which definitely comes into play when we are talking consciousness.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
29 Mar 07

I think maybe you are being a little harsh Xanth. I mean, if this were deej, I'd be the first to back you up, but we don't know joseph that well, perhaps he is interested in learning.
Has he actually directly answered any questions or read any of the posted information in this thread so far? Because someone who is interested in learned would do that wouldn't they?

V

Earth

Moves
29 Mar 07

Did I read in another thread that you have written some scientific papers? Wow, I am impressed.

But you know if what mankind has accomplished is not proof enough, then I am afraid I have nothing more to offer. I will just crawl under my rock and say a couple of prayers!

Moves
29 Mar 07

By the same logic, you are related to all people on Earth. Therefore all sex is incest.
By your logic, yes.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
29 Mar 07

Originally posted by Varqa
Did I read in another thread that you have written some scientific papers? Wow, I am impressed.

But you know if what mankind has accomplished is not proof enough, then I am afraid I have nothing more to offer. I will just crawl under my rock and say a couple of prayers!

Thank you. I have, but not enough! (although I am attempting to remedy that at the moment)

I'm afraid not. All it shows is that humans as a species have a large brain, but tells us nothing about how it works, or how we got it.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
29 Mar 07
1 edit

Originally posted by dj2becker
By your logic, yes.
I never once claimed that eating brocolli is eating a relative, that was you remember? And the Bible says we are all decended from Adam and Eve. If that's true then every human is related to every other human.

So using your logic and the SACRED BOOK we can find that all sex is incest. Correct?

Moves
29 Mar 07

I never once claimed that eating brocolli is eating a relative, that was you remember? And the Bible says we are all decended from Adam and Eve. If that's true then every human is related to every other human.

So using your logic and the SACRED BOOK we can find that all sex is incest. Correct?
Scotty claimed that you are related to broccoli. Or are you not related to broccoli? By your logic you are eating your relatives.

Incest has nothing to do with eating broccoli and you know that. Where does the Bible say anything about incest?

Cape Town

Moves
29 Mar 07

According to Merriam-Webster:
Incest:
: sexual intercourse between persons so closely related that they are forbidden by law to marry;

Sex with a relative is not always incest.

Cape Town

Moves
29 Mar 07
1 edit

Scotty claimed that you are related to broccoli. Or are you not related to broccoli? By your logic you are eating your relatives.
Do you have a problem with eating your relatives? If so then you had better stop eating.

Of course the word 'relatives' in its common English use only includes people who are closely related and not just any relation.

Moves
29 Mar 07

Originally posted by twhitehead
Do you have a problem with eating your relatives? If so then you had better stop eating.

Of course the word 'relatives' in its common English use only includes people who are closely related and not just any relation.

I don't have a problem because I don't believe that I'm related to broccoli. On the other hand you are the one who should have the problem, because you actually sic believe that you are eating a distant relative.

Cape Town

Moves
29 Mar 07

[b]Do you have a problem with eating your relatives? If so then you had better stop eating.

I don't have a problem because I don't believe that I'm related to broccoli. On the other hand you are the one who should have the problem, because you actually sic believe that you are eating a distant relative.[/b]
Why should I have a problem with it? I don't see anything wrong with eating my distant relatives.