Is there room for religion in the scientific age?

Is there room for religion in the scientific age?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
11 Jan 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
the scriptures are entirely relevant.
Robbie, What clan is that tartan above?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
11 Jan 13

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
With a whole bottle of single malt inside you, you won't feel a thing.

😀
Who wants to drink single malt in Thai? They have other ways, they have The Rythme -bong, bong, bong😵

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
11 Jan 13

Originally posted by black beetle
Who wants to drink single malt in Thai? They have other ways, they have The Rythme -bong, bong, bong😵
Je Suis Prest😵

rc

Moves
11 Jan 13

Robbie, What clan is that tartan above?
I am not sure, beetle has told me before, i don't think its a Stewart tartan and i definitely know its not a Gordon or a MacGregor tartan.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
11 Jan 13

I am not sure, beetle has told me before, i don't think its a Stewart tartan and i definitely know its not a Gordon or a MacGregor tartan.
Yes my trusty feer, it 's Clan Fraser😵

rc

Moves
11 Jan 13
2 edits

Clan Fraser, as noble a clan if ever there was ! fae the black isle and around Inverness! beautiful country

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
11 Jan 13
1 edit

A Scottish Greek??????

I can't talk. I am Irish on my mother's side
and French on my father's side of the family.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
11 Jan 13

A Scottish Greek??????

I can't talk. I am Irish on my mother's side
and French on my father's side of the family.
I 'm Greek, bowl o'meal Fraser. Born in Piraeus, as both my father and mother; but the family tree of my father is Sicilian and my mother's Cretan and from Mani😵

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
11 Jan 13

I 'm Greek, bowl o'meal Fraser. Born in Piraeus, as both my father and mother; but the family tree of my father is Sicilian and my mother's Cretan and from Mani😵
Beware of Greeks, and Sicilians. LOL.

😉

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
11 Jan 13

Beware of Greeks, and Sicilians. LOL.

😉
As regards the Sicilians we agree;
But unfortunately we Greeks have no spare time for a lupara these days😵

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Jan 13

because dear Johnny, wisdom is proved righteous by its works, in other words, apply the Law of the Christ and Biblical principles and it will go well with you. There is only one Bible, one lord, one faith, one baptism. The reasons why you have different denominations are because of attempts to impose exegesis upon scripture where none exists. The c ...[text shortened]... s to look at their acceptance of all kinds of practices contrary to the teachings of the Bible.
like adding to the words of the Bible?

rc

Moves
12 Jan 13
2 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
like adding to the words of the Bible?
seeing that you prefer a translation, itself taken not from the Hebrew nor the Greek, but the Latin Vulgate dating from the middle ages making it a translation of a translation with unicorns and archaic terms, it hardly qualifies you as knowledgeable as to what constitutes a good translation and what does not, in fact, I don't think you could tell the difference.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
12 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by apathist
Did he give any evidence, and reason at all, to assume my so-called 'assumption' was incorrect?

I tossed the bones, I read the stars, they say he's wrong. That's valid, right? Bone-tossing is valid, star-reading is valid, right?
More importantly, did you give any evidence your so-called ''so-called' assumption' was correct? If not then regardless of my or anyone else's thoughts on this matter, pondering whether it is a reasonable assumption is fair game! Moreover it didn't warrant the response you gave.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
12 Jan 13

your post is full of assumptions, for example, the one pointed out by JS357, 'we live in a
scientific age', who lives in a scientific age, the Indian farmer who ploughs his fields
with oxen, who grows cabbages and cremates his dead like his forefathers did three
thousand years ago, in what sense is he living in a scientific age. You have not pr ...[text shortened]... ed, corruption, meism, all ignored by the spiritually myopic,
blinded by the God of science.
Things aren't perfect, so I tap a keyboard that responds by sending signals to satellites to send my frustration to receivers around the world. That proves, in my world, that this is not a scientific age. Because everyone knows that that even troglodites have satellite access.

Moves
12 Jan 13

Originally posted by apathist
Things aren't perfect, so I tap a keyboard that responds by sending signals to satellites to send my frustration to receivers around the world. That proves, in my world, that this is not a scientific age. Because everyone knows that that even troglodites have satellite access.
The point I wanted to make is that all ages, so far, have come to an end.