There will be peace when Jesus returns.
    Theres no hope then
  2. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 19:36
    Originally posted by invigorate
    Theres no hope then
    Invigorate, being atheist is in vogue in Europe right now, isn't it? Especially that European Union.

Ya know, the same EU that made one of its most important buildings in the form of the Tower of Babel after an artist's rendition of it. And the same EU that calls itself "The Revived Roman empire" which coincidentally the place the Antichrist will come from.

Oh, and interestingly enough, Javier Solana got his offices and a lot of his power from "Recommendation 666".

But yeah...us Christians are sooooooo crazy.
  3. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 20:17
    Invirorate and Darfius
    Both of you are opposites, so embrace the common goal of peace
    and this would be your something decent (of benefit) for each other today. If you can and you can others will follow.
  4. In your face
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 20:241 edit
    ANd we'reall sat here in our nice little bubbles preaching to the world as we slowly burn up any chance of survival. We're all doomed man. I don't mean spiritually, but physically, we'll be well gone before any iota of world pecae even begins to flicker.

Maybe just maybe though, our shared predicament might teach us to understand each other, and show us that maybe we were all wrong and no one was right.
  5. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    04 Apr '05 10:35
    We're all doomed man. I don't mean spiritually, but physically, we'll be well gone before any iota of world pecae even begins to flicker.
    It so important for you to look at why you feel that way and dig deep for the optimism inside you. It may be small but just take a little and set tiny achievable goals and you'll move mountains.

Hey my best friends just came home from holiday in Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon. The people there are the humblest & friendliest they'd ever met.

I have a lot of Chinese and Taiwanese friends who give me great optimism for peace between their countries. Cheer up
  6. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    04 Apr '05 12:02
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Invigorate, being atheist is in vogue in Europe right now, isn't it? Especially that European Union.

Ya know, the same EU that made one of its most important buildings in the form of the Tower of Babel after an artist's rendition of it. And the same EU that calls itself "The Revived Roman empire" which coincidentally the place the Antichrist will co ...[text shortened]... of his power from "Recommendation [b]666
    ".

But yeah...us Christians are sooooooo crazy.[/b]
    So, the EU is the work of the devil?

I've never heard that the EU buildings look the tower of babel - which EU building is that then?

And I've never heard anyone refer to the EU as the 'revived Roman Empire' - can you give an example?
  7. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    04 Apr '05 23:07

Ya know, the same EU that made one of its most important buildings in the form of the Tower of Babel after an artist's rendition of it. And the same EU that calls itself "The Revived Roman empire" which coincidentally the place the Antichrist will co ...[text shortened]... of his power from "Recommendation [b]666
    ".

But yeah...us Christians are sooooooo crazy.[/b]
    I'm not an atheist because it is in vogue.

I'm an athiest because I see no evidence of "god" or a higher being.

I went to Sunday school when I was young I loved the soothing moral stories. They are not without truth or morality, but they were just lovely stories. Harry Potter is todays equivalent.

I'm a firm believer that the EU has kept Europe peaceful over the last 50 years. Further EU integration is necessary for a more peaceful world. A solid secular EU will act as counter balance to neo-con christain right that overwehlms the seats of power in the US currently.

8. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 21:54
    . Further EU integration is necessary for a more peaceful world. A solid secular EU will act as counter balance to neo-con christain right that overwehlms the seats of power in the US currently.

You are right.
    Moving east. Taiwan threatens to hold an election despite Mother China's threat of invasion and martial law. Bush has promised support for Taiwan. What is going to happen there and who will it involve? EU integration wasn't there when France said stay out of Iraq... how about Taiwan will France object and Britain go to war with China if it went that far? Most likely the older heads in Taiwan will control the young but they won't while Bush offers support.
  9. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 23:23
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    You are right.
    Moving east. Taiwan threatens to hold an election despite Mother China's threat of invasion and martial law. Bush has promised support for Taiwan. What is going to happen there and who will it involve? EU integration wasn't there when France said stay out of Iraq... how about Taiwan will France object and Britain go to war with China ...[text shortened]... ely the older heads in Taiwan will control the young but they won't while Bush offers support.
    When Bush comes to shove (excuse the pun), George won't mess with China
  10. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 01:04
    So, the EU is the work of the devil?

You heard it from invigorate, it's purposely secular. Solana himself detests God.

I've never heard that the EU buildings look the tower of babel - which EU building is that then?

http://www.inplainsite.org/html/european_union.html#Babel

And I've never heard anyone refer to the EU as the 'revived Roman Empire' - can you give an example?

http://www.insiidetrack.com/EUnion.htm

11. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 01:08
    I'm an athiest because I see no evidence of "god" or a higher being.

It helps if you look for it.

I went to Sunday school when I was young I loved the soothing moral stories. They are not without truth or morality, but they were just lovely stories. Harry Potter is todays equivalent.

Harry Potter? Europe is so lost. Open your eyes. Read the words of Jesus Christ and realize that He spoke that way so that the spiritually blind couldn't see.

I'm a firm believer that the EU has kept Europe peaceful over the last 50 years. Further EU integration is necessary for a more peaceful world. A solid secular EU will act as counter balance to neo-con christain right that overwehlms the seats of power in the US currently.

I can't believe how lost Europe is...Study how Solana got his power. Study Recommendation 666. Study the book of Revelation.

God signed the Bible by revealing the future.
  12. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 02:41

I can't believe how lost Europe is...Study how Solana got his power. Study Recommendation 666. Study the book of Revelation.

God signed the Bible by revealing the future.[/b]

Why did God not use plain English or plain aramaic or whatever. Why not pop down now and do an interview with Parkinson? You know:

"I'm ominipotent Michael, but I thought I would come and give an update since I wrote the Bible. Give you some clear warnings for the future."
    "That would be great," said Parkinson, "as I have to admit your revelations were a bit obscure."
    "No probs," replied God, "Firstly, there is nothing to be concerned about because I don't exist..."
    "Oh, don't say that," replied Parkinson, "It buggers up the interview."

13. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 02:51
    Originally posted by Maustrauser

Why did God not use plain English or plain aramaic or whatever. Why not pop down now and do an interview with Parkinson? You know:

"I'm ominipotent Michael, but I thought I would come and give an update since I wrote the Bible. Give you some clear warnings for the future."
    "That would be great," said Parkinson, "as I have to admit your rev ...[text shortened]... 't exist..."
    "Oh, don't say that," replied Parkinson, "It buggers up the interview."

Because God isn't interested in keeping people from Hell. He's interested in getting them TO Heaven. Your motivation should be more than avoiding Hell. It should be love for the Lord for His sacrifice for you. And once you realize that, you realize that logic alone cannot reveal the marvelous Truths in the Bible to you.

Don't you wonder why the Lord Jesus spoke in parables? If He had spoken plainly, no one could deny He was God, He was so brilliant and supernaturally insightful. He spoke in parables because many men weren't interested in the Truth, but rather their own selves and their pride. If you'll read the Gospels, He always spoke plainly when He was with His disciples, because they wanted the Truth.

With the death of the Pope, this world is moving faster and faster towards Judgement Day. My fervent prayer is that you'll hear the Almighty Ancient of Days tell you "Well done, my good and faithful servant."
  14. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 03:08
    Because God isn't interested in keeping people from Hell. He's interested in getting them TO Heaven. Your motivation should be more than avoiding Hell. It should be love for the Lord for His sacrifice for you. And once you realize that, you realize that logic alone cannot reveal the marvelous Truths in the Bible to you.

Don't you wonder why the Lor ...[text shortened]... you'll hear the Almighty Ancient of Days tell you "Well done, my good and faithful servant."
    You do realize that you are espousing one best justifications for having secular governments known to God and man. The very last thing mankind needs is a believer in the imminency of Revelations, in control of nuclear weaopns.

15. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 05:01
    When Bush comes to shove (excuse the pun), George won't mess with China
    China is no Iraq. They are an advanced superpower, better disciplined, better armed, better trained and they have numbers on the ground. Marginal if any air superiority won't cut it.
    Take them on and they won't keep the war in China it will go to mainland USA... that won't get enough votes ....

Americans really have to rein Bush in on this one. There is nothing to be gained by fuelling a war in SE Asia...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree