1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 14:332 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Where exactly is there any indication that that violence was "in the name of Islam"?
    Do you think I am not justified in believing that this particular bus bombing in Iraq is an act of Islamic terrorism? What do you think it was? A teenage prank? A disgruntled transportation employee? A long lost descendant of the Crusades still trying to convert Muslims? Don't be dense. Suicide bombing is the current hallmark of Islamic terrorism. Don't you remember how New York City got blown up that one time? Of the last 100 instances of suicide bombers in the world, how many have been proclaimed to be Islamic martyrs by other Muslims?
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 14:411 edit
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Do you think I am not justified in believing that this particular bus bombing in Iraq is an act of Islamic terrorism? What do you think it was? A teenage prank? A disgruntled transportation employee? A long lost descendant of the Crusades still trying to convert Muslims? Don't be dense. Suicide bombing is the current hallmark of Islamic terroris de bombers in the world, how many have been proclaimed to be Islamic martyrs by other Muslims?
    A minibus packed with explosives detonated in northeastern Baghdad Sunday morning, killing at least 12 people and wounding 22 others, according to an Iraqi Interior Ministry official.

Where exactly does it say it's a suicide bombing?

EDIT: New York City got blown up? Guess I better cancel my trip to Yankee Stadium in two weeks; thanks for the info.
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 14:431 edit
    A minibus packed with explosives detonated in northeastern Baghdad Sunday morning, killing at least 12 people and wounding 22 others, according to an Iraqi Interior Ministry official.

Where exactly does it say it's a suicide bombing?
    Believe what you want, but I think you're being really naive if you don't recognize this as an act of Islamic terrorism. What is your best explanation given the facts in the article?
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 14:45

EDIT: New York City got blown up? Guess I better cancel my trip to Yankee Stadium in two weeks; thanks for the info.
    No problem. Go take a bus tour of Iraq instead.
  5. At the Revolution
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 15:06
    Do you think I am not justified in believing that this particular bus bombing in Iraq is an act of Islamic terrorism? What do you think it was? A teenage prank? A disgruntled transportation employee? A long lost descendant of the Crusades still trying to convert Muslims? Don't be dense. Suicide bombing is the current hallmark of Islamic terroris ...[text shortened]... de bombers in the world, how many have been proclaimed to be Islamic martyrs by other Muslims?
    Ah, ah, ah.

Suicide bombers in Palestine. Suicide bombers in Lebanon. Both with significant Christian populations, and both under repression by fascist forces. Both have had their fair share of massacres, and suicide bombings increase with massacres.

Suicide bombers rarely act in the name of Islam. Passages in the Qur'an condemn those who do, such as Surah 2.

Iraq is no different.

Why do people commit suicide? Not because of religion, but because of their culture, their families, their homes being destroyed.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 19:01
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Christianism and Islam look both ill considered to me; I live fine without being forced to follow a religion; I cannot stand the issue "if you, sinful man, act so, then Jesus/ Allah will reply acting so";
    Surely you must be in a position to make a smarter comment than that!. Using the last 2 generations as a guide which religion in your opinion breeds more violent devotees?
  7. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 19:22
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Ah, ah, ah.

Suicide bombers in Palestine. Suicide bombers in Lebanon. Both with significant Christian populations, and both under repression by fascist forces. Both have had their fair share of massacres, and suicide bombings increase with massacres.

Suicide bombers rarely act in the name of Islam. Passages in the Qur'an condemn those who do, such as S ...[text shortened]... because of religion, but because of their culture, their families, their homes being destroyed.
    Agreed. And religion is often a crutch, a means, to do the irrational and the violent because one is backed completely in a corner and feels that they have no alternative.
  8. At the Revolution
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 19:58
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Agreed. And religion is often a crutch, a means, to do the irrational and the violent because one is backed completely in a corner and feels that they have no alternative.
    Very rarely, actually. It is often used as an outright weapon, like so many people call me anti-Semitic in the Debates because I hate fascism, but rarely as a crutch.
  9. At the Revolution
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 19:58
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Surely you must be in a position to make a smarter comment than that!. Using the last 2 generations as a guide which religion in your opinion breeds more violent devotees?
    Christianity.
  10. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 00:17
    Christianity.
    How many more?
  11. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 00:41
    Very rarely, actually. It is often used as an outright weapon, like so many people call me anti-Semitic in the Debates because I hate fascism, but rarely as a crutch.
    The reason why I say it's a crutch, excuse, means, is that if it were correctly applied it would not condone the violent act. Same with Christianity; if Christianity were properly adhered to Christians would not wage war.
  12. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 00:44
    The reason why I say it's a crutch, excuse, means, is that if it were correctly applied it would not condone the violent act. Same with Christianity; if Christianity were properly adhered to Christians would not wage war.
    Did God not command his people to wage war against the Sodomites?
    Did God not command his people to wage war against the Midianites?
    Did God not command his people to wage war against the Canaanites?
    Did God not command his people to wage war against Jericho?
  13. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 01:04
    The Jews? Yes, they believed he commanded them to wage those wars. Funny, I don't recall saying anything about the Jews.
  14. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 01:341 edit
    The Jews? Yes, they believed he commanded them to wage those wars. Funny, I don't recall saying anything about the Jews.
    Well, I'm just trying to reconcile the fact that in the past God commanded his people to wage war regularly, with your assertion that proper Christians, who follow that same God and presumably all of his commands, will never again wage war.

Is it that God will never again command his people to wage war? Or is it that the Christians would simply disobey him if he did? Or is it that henceforth he'd command only the Jews to wage war at his behest?
  15. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 04:18
    Well, I'm just trying to reconcile the fact that in the past God commanded his people to wage war regularly, with your assertion that proper Christians, who follow that same God and presumably all of his commands, will never again wage war...
    I did not assert that. You did.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree