1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 05:032 edits
    Originally posted by Badwater
    I did not assert that. You did.
    You said "if Christianity were properly adhered to Christians would not wage war."

Does properly adhering to Christianity entail properly adhering to God's commands?

Might God once again command the waging of war? And if so, what will a person properly adhering to Christianity do in such a circumstance: wage war, or disobey God?
  2. At the Revolution
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 16:32
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    How many more?
    Millions and millions.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Aug '08 05:19
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Millions and millions.
    I condemn both christianity and islam, they are both hatred spewing violent prone cultures with islands of reason surrounded by oceans of hate. If there was an accounting, both religions would come up short on the spirituality scale. Neither one is interested in an individual's actual spiritual growth, only how deep into each set of imbedded BS they both dish out.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    06 Aug '08 17:44
    Originally posted by whodey
    I suppose that is a better example, however, the justification for killing and going to war are rather extensive. For example, I am not against the death penalty for certain crimes. In addition, I think there are justifications for going to war. Of course you will say it was not just a war it was a genocide. As for that accusation, I give no judstificatio ...[text shortened]... od was justified for having his own Son killed? This, of course, is assuming the story is true.
    He got raised from the dead really quick. I don't think it was really that big a deal myself. The process of dying must have been unpleasant, but the death itself...not too impressive if you're just going to get ressurrected again right away.
  5. At the Revolution
    Moves
    06 Aug '08 20:12
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I condemn both christianity and islam, they are both hatred spewing violent prone cultures with islands of reason surrounded by oceans of hate. If there was an accounting, both religions would come up short on the spirituality scale. Neither one is interested in an individual's actual spiritual growth, only how deep into each set of imbedded BS they both dish out.
    Em hem, you're thinking of Zionism.
  6. At the Revolution
    Moves
    08 Aug '08 21:38
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    He got raised from the dead really quick. I don't think it was really that big a deal myself. The process of dying must have been unpleasant, but the death itself...not too impressive if you're just going to get ressurrected again right away.
    Death is nothing to be scared of, or even the process leading to it. It happens. Why be afraid of the inevitable?
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    09 Aug '08 13:24
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Surely you must be in a position to make a smarter comment than that!. Using the last 2 generations as a guide which religion in your opinion breeds more violent devotees?
    Hi, rajk dude;

Isn't clear that anyway religions stink? Do you estimate that the Catholics and the Protestants of N. Ireland were acting OK? Human beings need not a religion in order to be decent and live well;
  8. At the Revolution
    Moves
    09 Aug '08 18:23
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Hi, rajk dude;

Isn't clear that anyway religions stink? Do you estimate that the Catholics and the Protestants of N. Ireland were acting OK? Human beings need not a religion in order to be decent and live well;
    He has absolutely no idea what he's talking about. Pay him no mind.
  9. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '08 18:56
    Death is nothing to be scared of, or even the process leading to it. It happens. Why be afraid of the inevitable?
    My feeling exactly. Americans have a very unhealthy attitude toward death and for the most part (from what I see) fear it and don't understand it. As you say, why fear something that WILL happen to you and everyone else?
  10. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    09 Aug '08 19:02
    He has absolutely no idea what he's talking about. Pay him no mind.
    OK, lets have a word or two about Christianism too:

A decent Christian wants us to believe that:

-- About 2.000 years ago a man was born from a virgin mother, without the participation of a biological father;
    -- That fatherless man told to a dead friend of his, who was dead for several days, "wake up dude", and the dead guy, Lazarus -who was stinking because he was dead for good- rised allright;
    -- The fatherles man died too and rised from his grave three days after his death;
    -- Forty days after his death, the fatherless man climbed on a hill and then he flew straight to the sky, where he stayed for good;
    -- The fatherless man and his "father", which by the way are the same entity, they can hear me, along with every other human being of the planet, and occasionally they can act accoring to my prayers or to the prayers of any other human being;
    -- The fatherless man can see everything, no matter if noone else can see them, and he may punish or award me after my death, along with every other human being of the planet;
    -- The virgin mother of the fatherless man never died and her body went to the sky;
    -- A sacred person, which anyway must be a man, can bless some bread and wine, and then that wine becomes the blood of the fatherles man (and the bread becomes his body);

...And now we are supposed to get Christianism seriously🙂
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Aug '08 20:20
    Hi, rajk dude;

You are like the guy who gets dumped by one woman and therafter says : 'All women are greedy self-centered B**ches' or 'I dont need women' or 'Women are useless'.

Basically he has lost his perspective ... like you.
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    09 Aug '08 22:16
    You are like the guy who gets dumped by one woman and therafter says : 'All women are greedy self-centered B**ches' or 'I dont need women' or 'Women are useless'.

Basically he has lost his perspective ... like you.
    How can you say that I lost my perspective because I have no religion -and particularly the same religion as you!? My perspective is to live free in a free country; "religion" for me is as vital as the soccer team that you may support;
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Aug '08 22:53
    How can you say that I lost my perspective because I have no religion -and particularly the same religion as you!? My perspective is to live free in a free country; "religion" for me is as vital as the soccer team that you may support;
    Did you understand my last post? I thought it was simple and straightforward. I dont care whether or not you are religious .. thats your choice. You have lost your perspective because you see it fit to condemn ALL religions. You are free to exercise your right not to engage in any religious activity. Others are free to engage in religious activity if they so choose. Certainly there are undesirable aspects of all religions. But if you think the world will be better place if all people became atheist then you are as narrowminded as those fanatical religions whose aim is convert to world.
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 08:07
    Did you understand my last post? I thought it was simple and straightforward. I dont care whether or not you are religious .. thats your choice. You have lost your perspective because you see it fit to condemn ALL religions. You are free to exercise your right not to engage in any religious activity. Others are free to engage in religious activity if they s ...[text shortened]... atheist then you are as narrowminded as those fanatical religions whose aim is convert to world.
    I condemn every religion and particurlarly the three monotheist ones that derive from the Old Testament. This world of ours would be by far better if only the human beings could act without trying constantly to do "the will of god". And surely we don't need a "god" in order to be decent; so why you think I am narrowminded?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 13:03
    I condemn every religion and particurlarly the three monotheist ones that derive from the Old Testament. This world of ours would be by far better if only the human beings could act without trying constantly to do "the will of god". And surely we don't need a "god" in order to be decent; so why you think I am narrowminded?
    Because you are condemning ALL religion. I am a Christian but I dont condemn atheists. My view is that each person has to choose a lifestyle that gives him the greatest satisfaction or peace of mind. Your assumption that the world will be a better place without religion is just plain childish.

Here is a defition of 'narrowminded' by the Urban Dictionary
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=narrow+minded

1. narrow minded
    a person or persons who cannot see beyond their own set of values and/or will not accept them. Is often related to religious matters, where people cannot accept the other religion's beliefs. It often happens where one is in ignorance.

2. narrow minded
    a person who does not want to hear the other side of the argument. But in our postmodern world people accuse anyone who has firm beliefs of being narrow minded.
    You'll hear alot of people say ' Christians are narrow minded people '. But the funny thing is these same people are themselves narrow minded and bigoted and intolerant ( there's a popular one )of Christianity. They contradict themselves.
    you are just as narrow minded and intolerant of christians.
    by Brian L. Mar 27, 2006

3. narrow minded
    Intolerant of another's views. This is a mentality that is often associated with cliques and coteries. A narrow-minded person will even accuse someone of being "stupid" or ((name some other bad trait here, even "narrow-minded" itself!)) the other person who expresses a viewpoint or reason for believing otherwise than the narrow-minded one's views.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree