1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 17:441 edit
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/07/25/saudi.sex.bragger.arrested/index.html

"In deeply conservative Saudi Arabia, pre-marital sex is illegal and unrelated men and women are not allowed to mingle.

A government official told the newspaper that discussing sex in public is a punishable offense that may affect anyone involved in the broadcast.

It is wrong to host people on television to speak publicly about vice and issues against our religion," said Ahmad Qasim Al-Ghamdi, director of Mecca's branch of the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice, also known as the religious police.
  2. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 18:01
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles

"In deeply conservative Saudi Arabia, pre-marital sex is illegal and unrelated men and women are not allowed to mingle.

A government official told the newspaper that discussing sex in public is a punishable offense that may affect anyone involved in the broad ...[text shortened]... motion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice, also known as the [b]religious police
    [/b]
    human rights anyone?
  3. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 18:52

A government official told the newspaper that discussing sex in public is a punishable offense that may affect anyone involved in the broad ...[text shortened]... motion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice, also known as the [b]religious police
    [/b]
    I know it's totally useless with your prejudiced ass, but tell me how this makes the religion of
    Islam foul, instead of Ahmad Qasim Al-Ghamdi and his so called "religious police" specifically.
  4. At the Revolution
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 19:06
    Islam is not foul! You, DrScribbles, are an epitome of religious hatred and despicable rhetoric brought on by Mark Steyn or something.

I ask you again, and this time I want a straight answer, WHEN HAVE YOU BEEN TO AN ISLAMIC COUNTRY??!??!?? 😠😠😠😠
  5. Lowlands paradise
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 19:14
    Of course, Ahmad Qasim Al-Ghamdi is not the Islam. Nevertheless it would help if Islamic people reject the words of a muslim who claims to talk for the Islam.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 20:18
    Originally posted by souverein
    Nevertheless it would help if Islamic people reject the words of a muslim who claims to talk for the Islam.
    I am sure it would help. However it must be recognized that humans often have trouble criticizing members of their own group when talking to another group. For example people will often think twice before criticizing their government or country in front of foreigners- though this phenomenon seems to vary by culture. Certainly most Christians will not criticize their own denomination especially in front of non-Christians.
  7. At the Revolution
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 20:32
    Of course, Ahmad Qasim Al-Ghamdi is not the Islam. Nevertheless it would help if Islamic people reject the words of a muslim who claims to talk for the Islam.
    And I have no trouble saying that. I just despise people who say that Islam is "foul" because of the however despicable actions of one person. Should we judge the actions of all atheists based on Christopher Hitchens? The actions of Christians based on Palin or Hitler?
  8. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 21:02
    Originally posted by scherzo
    And I have no trouble saying that. I just despise people who say that Islam is "foul" because of the however despicable actions of one person. Should we judge the actions of all atheists based on Christopher Hitchens? The actions of Christians based on Palin or Hitler?
    Interesting to see a racist be upset by prejudiced statements.
  9. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 22:02
    Originally posted by Jigtie
    Interesting to see a racist be upset by prejudiced statements.
    I challenge you to name one good thing that would be lost if the world were to shed itself of Islam.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 22:19
    I challenge you to name one good thing that would be lost if the world were to shed itself of Islam.
    I will lose my 4 wives ... 😀
  11. Lowlands paradise
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 22:26
    1,5 billion people will think there are many good things in Islam. You need more evidence?

@Scherzo en Twhitehead,
    I agree with you both. The aggressive way Islam is treated doesn't help Muslims to come out of the closet either.
  12. Standard memberpatauro
    Patricia
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 22:28
    Perhaps if radical Islamic men were more secure in their sexuality, there would be less of this sort of thing. Insecurity and fear mask themselves and delude the weak.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 22:42

[/b]
    What does sharia law have to say about it? In other words, are these new laws or interpretations of what the relgion says to do?
  14. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 22:49
    1,5 billion people will think there are many good things in Islam. You need more evidence?
    I'd just like you to name one example of something good that could not manifest or persist without Islam. Just one thing.
  15. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 22:501 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    What does sharia law have to say about it? In other words, are these new laws or interpretations of what the relgion says to do?
    About 100 people have filed a complaint against Abdul Jawad, alleging among other things, that he violated a principle of Shariah law by "publicizing his sinful behavior," the daily said.

Scherzo will note, I am sure, that 100 is significantly greater than 1.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree