1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 13:01
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Even if I'm not in the top ten, I'm still far ahead of you.

My point stands. By your reasoning, the Islamic god is false because Abraham was not a Muslim. Since Abraham was also not a Christian, it likewise stands that the Christian god is false. By your reasoning, since Abraham was Jewish, the Jewish god is the true god and Jesus was a big nobody.

...[text shortened]... y, then there is no reason why the Muslims can't hijack both to lay the foundation for Islam.
    You may very well be far ahead of me, but about what?

The God of the Bible is both the God of Abraham and of the Christian.

The difference is that Abraham looked forward to the cross, and Christians look back.

Common' rwingett. Don't be so, (whatever the word is). I understand your position. Why come across emotionally driven about God?

Humans would still be the same even if there was no God.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 13:08
    Originally posted by josephw

The difference is that Abraham looked forward to the cross, and Christians look back.

Common' rwingett. Don't be so, (whatever the word is). I understand your position. Why come across emotionally driven about God?

c'mon rwingwett? how bout c'mon JW?
    How about this: What if God told you that everything would be fine in the world if everyone converted to Islam but warned you that if christianity persisted then there would be trouble for everyone?
    Would you renounce christianity? Or would your (hypothetical) ways continue?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 13:23
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    c'mon rwingwett? how bout c'mon JW?
    How about this: What if God told you that everything would be fine in the world if everyone converted to Islam but warned you that if christianity persisted then there would be trouble for everyone?
    Would you renounce christianity? Or would your (hypothetical) ways continue?
    What if...?

I don't live according to what ifs.

I live by what is.

Jesus is the light of the world. No ifs, ands, or buts.

You will learn this truth one way or another, sooner or later.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 13:30
    What if...?

I don't live according to what ifs.

I live by what is.

Jesus is the light of the world. No ifs, ands, or buts.

You will learn this truth one way or another, sooner or later.
    Cool,I admire your conviction.
    Now if your view is the 'truth' as you claim in your post why should you have any trouble entertaining an inquiring mind on some hypothetical questions. Or is a closed mind a requirement for understanding christianity?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 13:48
    There aren't many options to consider are there:

1) There is no God, and mankind has made a massive mess of trying to invent one (or more) in order to control the plebiscites

2) There is 1 (or more) God(s) who for some reason has(have) allowed man the freedom to make a massive mess of trying to marginalise and capitalise on him/her/them in order to control the plebiscites

3) There is a God of another description somewhere else, who doesn't give a rats ass about mankind anyway and we have effectively option 1

I wish ALL organised religion was wiped of the earth and we could start again with the truth.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 14:041 edit
    Cool,I admire your conviction.
    Now if your view is the 'truth' as you claim in your post why should you have any trouble entertaining an inquiring mind on some hypothetical questions. Or is a closed mind a requirement for understanding christianity?
    "...why should you have any trouble entertaining an inquiring mind on some hypothetical questions."

But I did!

"Or is a closed mind a requirement for understanding Christianity?"

An open mind is absolutely required for understanding. And I would add, so is an honest heart.

Unfortunately I encounter here in this forum, far too many biased and prejudiced minds to have any meaningful discussions. It all seems to deteriorate into mob hysteria.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 14:132 edits
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I'm not a retard. I'm one of the ten most intelligent people on this entire site. Ask around.
    So are you #1 or #10 or somewhere in between?

Just out of curiosity, do you consider to be intellectually superior than the person I follow which is Jesus Christ? Am I being led astray? How about someone I don't follow such as Mohammad?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 14:15
    DoctorScribbles is right, Islam IS foul. This is beyond dispute. But it is no fouler than any other religion. The good doctor's mistake is that by singling out Islam he seems to imply that other religions are not foul, or that Islam is the foulest of religions. That, of course, would be cause for outrage. But if we recognize that Islam is no fouler than, say, Christianity, then there is no cause for offense.
    No fouler than Christianity?

Hold on here!! We must ask someone far more intelligent than yourself, otherwise, you can't convince me.

Dr. Scribbs, calling Dr. Scribbs, do you consider Christianity to be as foul as Islam?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 14:22
    [b]"...why should you have any trouble entertaining an inquiring mind on some hypothetical questions."

But I did!

"Or is a closed mind a requirement for understanding Christianity?"

An open mind is absolutely required for understanding. And I would add, so is an honest heart.

Unfortunately I encounter here in this forum, far too many ...[text shortened]... ced minds to have any meaningful discussions. It all seems to deteriorate into mob hysteria.[/b]
    I dont want to get too picky but you didn't!
    You said you had no time for 'what ifs' .

I have found many a 'meaningful' discussion on here .
    The only 'mob hysteria' I've encountered has been from christians.
    Sorry. Thats just my reading.

Feel free to point out to me the 'mob hysteria' I've missed. Or anything else for that matter.
  10. At the Revolution
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 14:29
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I'm not a retard. I'm one of the ten most intelligent people on this entire site. Ask around.
    You are a foul and disgusting excuse for a human being. Don't even try to deny it; you don't answer my questions because you don't know the answer.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 14:30

I have found many a 'meaningful' discussion on here .
    The only 'mob hysteria' I've encountered has been from christians.
    Sorry. Thats just my reading.

Feel free to point out to me the 'mob hysteria' I've missed. Or anything else for that matter.[/b]
    Well its a known fact that Christians are the only ones who have shown that they are susceptible to "mob hysteria". 😛
  12. At the Revolution
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 14:31
    DoctorScribbles is right, Islam IS foul. This is beyond dispute. But it is no fouler than any other religion. The good doctor's mistake is that by singling out Islam he seems to imply that other religions are not foul, or that Islam is the foulest of religions. That, of course, would be cause for outrage. But if we recognize that Islam is no fouler than, say, Christianity, then there is no cause for offense.
    I take your point, to a point. I disagree with you on all religions being foul, but you've provided a reason why a somewhat rational person might say that Islam is foul.

However, DrScribbles is a Christian, and he is an absolute joke and the most offensive person on this forum.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 14:36
    Originally posted by scherzo
    However, DrScribbles is a Christian, and he is an absolute joke and the most offensive person on this forum.[/b]
    Before you cast stones, you may want to take inventory of yourself. If I recall, you posted many offensive threads in the past. One that comes to mind was a thread in which you questioned the Holocaust as not be really as bad as people say it was.

So tell us, which religion tries to convince people that the Holocaust never occured or that it is not that bad?
  14. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 14:38

Of course the god of the bible is both the god of Abraham and of the Christian. Christians wrote the New Testament, or course they're going to write it that way. Duh! I'm sure you're familiar with "circular reasoning" by now. You can't use the bible to prove what the bible says is true.
  15. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 14:40
    Originally posted by scherzo
    I take your point, to a point. I disagree with you on all religions being foul, but you've provided a reason why a somewhat rational person might say that Islam is foul.

However, DrScribbles is a Christian, and he is an absolute joke and the most offensive person on this forum.
    Dr.Scribbles a Christian? I think you are mistaken on that point.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree