1. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    06 Dec '10 10:32
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-11923701
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    06 Dec '10 11:24
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-11923701
    Let he, who is on highest moral, throw the first stone.
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Joined
    21 Aug '06
    Moves
    11458
    06 Dec '10 11:301 edit
    I'm sure if I was a devout muslim I'd be bandying about words like "just", "righteous", "loving", etc... just like those who hold fast to fundamentalist Christianity, and justify ancient tales of stonings, slavery, blood sacrifices, etc... so to dignify these events.

    I see it as somewhat hypocritical that persons of one barbaric religious persuasion are quick to point out the horrors in another. But then that's just me - an immoral atheist.
  4. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    06 Dec '10 12:062 edits
    Originally posted by Agerg
    I'm sure if I was a devout muslim I'd be bandying about words like "just", "righteous", "loving", etc... just like those who hold fast to fundamentalist Christianity, and justify ancient tales of stonings, slavery, blood sacrifices, etc... so to dignify these events.

    I see it as somewhat hypocritical that persons of one barbaric religious persuasion are quick to point out the horrors in another. But then that's just me - an immoral atheist.
    you people are missing the entire point, did you listen to the whole report, did you notice what the Molvi stated, 'even if the court finds her innocent we shall take the law into our own hands, ' is that just? Apparently so if your a staunch Islamist.
  5. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    06 Dec '10 12:09
    Originally posted by Agerg
    I'm sure if I was a devout muslim I'd be bandying about words like "just", "righteous", "loving", etc... just like those who hold fast to fundamentalist Christianity, and justify ancient tales of stonings, slavery, blood sacrifices, etc... so to dignify these events.

    I see it as somewhat hypocritical that persons of one barbaric religious persuasion are quick to point out the horrors in another. But then that's just me - an immoral atheist.
    we are Christians, you might take note of the fact, we do not practice stoning, slavery or blood sacrifice! your point is therefore double triple hyper concentrated straw and moot to boot!
  6. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    06 Dec '10 12:10
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Let he, who is on highest moral, throw the first stone.
    that would of course be you then? are you condoning the action? you certainly haven't condemned it.
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Joined
    12 Jun '08
    Moves
    14510
    06 Dec '10 12:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-11923701
    I would be more than glad to brake Molvi's cell and to let his spirit break free
  8. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    06 Dec '10 12:32
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    we are Christians, you might take note of the fact, we do not practice stoning, slavery or blood sacrifice!
    You do not practice it, but neither do you claim it was morally wrong for the Jews to practice it in the past when instructed to do so by God. Therefore you are being hypocritical if you criticize Muslims for practicing such acts as instructed by God in the present day.
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    06 Dec '10 12:46
    Originally posted by black beetle
    I would be more than glad to brake Molvi's cell and to let his spirit break free
    so me!
  10. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    06 Dec '10 12:511 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You do not practice it, but neither do you claim it was morally wrong for the Jews to practice it in the past when instructed to do so by God. Therefore you are being hypocritical if you criticize Muslims for practicing such acts as instructed by God in the present day.
    yes but i don't believe Islam is from God, i believe it is a lie, secondly i do not condone what was practised by the ancient Hebrews i merely point out that I am not in a position to question God, making your statement the same as Agers, straw! Lastly i am not criticising the Islamists for wishing to put to death a person who may or may not have transgressed their laws, i am criticising them for the injustice of condemning someone regardless of the law for they are blinded by their hatred and intolerance, perhaps this escaped your acute powers of observation in the previous posts i made in this thread, who can say, coffee anyone!
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    06 Dec '10 13:44
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    that would of course be you then? are you condoning the action? you certainly haven't condemned it.
    No no, I wouldn't throw the firt stone. Ever in my life.

    What I tried to say is that every religion, every religous movement, every denomination, and, finally, every individual, who is wothout guilt in every way, can throw the first stone stone.

    So, you see, I am not an exception. Are you? Your denomination? Your religious movement? Your religion? If you say 'no', then we agree, and I think you've understood my point.
  12. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    06 Dec '10 13:48
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    No no, I wouldn't throw the firt stone. Ever in my life.

    What I tried to say is that every religion, every religous movement, every denomination, and, finally, every individual, who is wothout guilt in every way, can throw the first stone stone.

    So, you see, I am not an exception. Are you? Your denomination? Your religious movement? Your religion? If you say 'no', then we agree, and I think you've understood my point.
    that is a Christian principle, these are Islamists, Islam has no concept of either forgiveness nor of casting the first stone, its emphasis is purely on retribution.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91612
    06 Dec '10 14:04
    Of course there are literally millions of Muslims who dont live like that, they live meaningful, intelligent, rich lives.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    06 Dec '10 14:08
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    that is a Christian principle, these are Islamists, Islam has no concept of either forgiveness nor of casting the first stone, its emphasis is purely on retribution.
    And you say the Christian religion have?

    As long as the Old Testament is included by the christian holy scriptures, you are wrong. Condemning of the homosexuals for one, the forgiveness of Eve which is the base of the today's partiarcate, the glorification of war and violence, etc. Would you want me to go on?

    May I remind you of the Spanish inquisition? The genocide of the Amazonian peoples? The crucades?

    But you are right in the forgiveness of the ongoing child molestation of priests and spiritual leaders. They are forgived.

    (Not personal, mind you, not personal)
  15. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    06 Dec '10 14:19
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Of course there are literally millions of Muslims who dont live like that, they live meaningful, intelligent, rich lives.
    there are equally millions who do not.
Back to Top