1. London
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 13:12
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    I mean out of all the billions of life-forms in the universe, the billions of planets and the millions of life-forms on earth...he has a problem with two men marrying each other?
    If you had twelve kids, wouldn't you be concerned if the youngest one stubbed a toe?
  2. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 16:48
    Originally posted by jimmyb270
    So, conditions on Earth are just right for the life that evolved there eh?
    Well stone me, that's a shocker!

I refer you to a point I made in another thread about the late, great Douglas Adams's view on this sort of argument. He compared it to a puddle thinking how wonderful it is that it is perfectly shaped for the hole in which it sits.
    Until you find another earth, I would assume the argument is rather solid.
  3. Playing with matches
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 18:281 edit
    Originally posted by Darfius
    The stars were created for signs, nothing more, nothing less.

And are you aware of how unique Jupiter is? All other gas giants are found much closer to their star. If Jupiter were closer, we would have been flung out into space. Ins ...[text shortened]... piter protects us from catastrophic impacts every 10k years.

Give me a break... this statement is totally ricockulous... yet it leaves me absolutely speachless in the depths of its ignorance. Sorry Darfius, but I could feel my brain melting as I read this. Its a mind numbing conceit that the entirity of our universe was created to house a bunch of hairless smelly chimps. Thanks for saping my will to live even further.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 18:45
    To say life must exist because there are many stars is idiotic. I'm not calling them idiotic, I'm calling the idea idiotic.

How do you dare judge a child of God? I do not mean to sound arrogant, but you do not have the blood of Christ covering you, so your opinion of me means very little. I listen to my brothers and sisters and my Father, which is in Heaven.
    Wow. You really are arrogant.
  5. Playing with matches
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 19:00
    Until you find another earth, I would assume the argument is rather solid.
    Your stunning ability to conjure circular reasoning into proven fact makes my nipples hard.
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 19:05
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    If you had twelve kids, wouldn't you be concerned if the youngest one stubbed a toe?
    No.
  7. London
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 19:09
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    No.
    Well, I suppose (given the context) I should've expected that. Apologies and good night.
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 19:40
    Hey everybody! I have a magic rock that keeps lions away. How do I know it's really magic? Duh . . . do you see any lions?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree