Your thoughts, please.
    There are no true prophecies.
  3. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '08 23:24
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I agree. But this one almost convinced me until I bothered to read the verses after Leviticus 26:18. Even then, this one still seems quite solid.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '08 04:48
    Originally posted by znsho
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5zFclLOstE

Your thoughts, please.
    Would you like some more to study? How about a calendar for the coming of Christ prophesied by Daniel 9:24-27?

http://www.preceptaustin.org/daniel_924-27.htm

Here are some other prophesies concerning Daniel

http://www.beholdthebeast.com/abomination_of_desolation.htm

If you ask me, Daniel was spot on!! In fact, if you read Revelation you will notice much of it is pulled from the pages of Daniel.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '08 11:51
    Yes there are.

Jesus prophesied about His own execution and subsequent resurrection.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '08 12:31
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Yes there are.

Jesus prophesied about His own execution and subsequent resurrection.
    No there aren't.

What you're referring to is only hearsay, written down by people long after the life of Jesus, not even eyewitnesses.

This comes to the qeustion if everythign written in the bible is true. It's not.
  7. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '08 12:49
    Originally posted by whodey
    Would you like some more to study? How about a calendar for the coming of Christ prophesied by Daniel 9:24-27?

http://www.preceptaustin.org/daniel_924-27.htm

Here are some other prophesies concerning Daniel

http://www.beholdthebeast.com/abomination_of_desolation.htm

If you ask me, Daniel was spot on!! In fact, if you read Revelation you will notice much of it is pulled from the pages of Daniel.
    Let's get onto these later. First, I should like to discuss the Israel 1948 prophecy. I assume you know it is based on Zekiel and Leviticus. At first, I was convinced. Then I noticed something which makes me very suspicious. In my opinion, the people who calculated this Prophecy as being spot-on have conveniently ignored certain other verses.
  8. Playing with matches
    Moves
    07 Sep '08 19:33
    No there aren't.

What you're referring to is only hearsay, written down by people long after the life of Jesus, not even eyewitnesses.

This comes to the qeustion if everythign written in the bible is true. It's not.
    This is an excellent statement of my own frustrations with the bible. There is simply no way to verify the truth from fantasy. I'd hesitate in placing my faith in boat riddled with holes, let alone base a life philosophy upon it.
  9. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '08 19:45
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    This is an excellent statement of my own frustrations with the bible. There is simply no way to verify the truth from fantasy. I'd hesitate in placing my faith in boat riddled with holes, let alone base a life philosophy upon it.
    I agree with you. But, in order to be fair, have a look at the video first, invetsigate yourself and then make a claim it is fantasy! It si, at first, very convincing. But, there is a flaw (or two!).
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 01:532 edits
    Let's get onto these later. First, I should like to discuss the Israel 1948 prophecy. I assume you know it is based on Zekiel and Leviticus. At first, I was convinced. Then I noticed something which makes me very suspicious. In my opinion, the people who calculated this Prophecy as being spot-on have conveniently ignored certain other verses.
    Forgetting about the prophecy for a second, isn't it kind of ironic that Israel even exists today? What are the odds? It seems they have overcome extreme odds just to even have a country to call their own once again.

Having said that, if it is proof you are looking for, you will not find it, rather, all you will find are evidences. It is then up to you to determine if these evidences are conclusive enough for you to believe.
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 06:24
    Oh please.

Show me one prohecy which is still to come true.
    No, you can only judge a prophecy once it has come true. So all other prophecies were just wrong.

I predict that that by the middle of this century there will be 5 super powers (India, China, Brazil, the US and Russia) and that US influence in the world will decline from 2015 onwards.
    I also predict there will be no large wars in Europe for the next 100 years.
    I also predict that a strong man of religion will come forth and with his following will attempt to change the face of Europe and the US as we know it.
    He will be executed.

I'm your new prophet. In 2050 you will grovel at my feet (although I'll probably be dead by then).
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 06:54
    Originally posted by whodey
    Forgetting about the prophecy for a second, isn't it kind of ironic that Israel even exists today? What are the odds? It seems they have overcome extreme odds just to even have a country to call their own once again.
    Everything that exists is highly improbable. That is a basic fact of statistics. If there are multiple possibilitites and only one occurs then that one outcome has a less than one chance of having happened. The more possibilities there are, the more improbable the one outcome is.

But Israel does not exist by pure chance. There are many reasons for its existence, most of them rather unsavoury.
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 08:09
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    But Israel does not exist by pure chance. There are many reasons for its existence, most of them rather unsavoury.
    Israel wouldn't exist without the 'prophecies'. The 'prophecies' gives them them the right to fulfil their prophecies, they think. With war, blood, and terror if neccesary. So these 'prophecies' are just self-fulfilled.

Like this prophecy: "Om du kan läsa detta, så har har du nån gång lärt dej svenska!" See? A prophecy in one sentence.
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 08:131 edit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5zFclLOstE

Your thoughts, please.
    Hindsight's 20/20.

Incidentally, the primary function of prophecy is not to predict the future but to provide a poetic analysis of the psychological condition -- usually lousy -- of the group which the prophet serves.

I wonder if there are any prophets in Israel today.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 08:231 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I wonder if there are any prophets in Israel today.
    Only those who say that they will slaughter every palestinian there is on occupied soil. And I sadly think that this prophecy will be true. The final solution.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree