It is possible

It is possible

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Sep 15

Originally posted by Dasa
None of this is possible.

God does not reveal himself to persons, only to be the front man for an animal slaughtering false religion.

God has nothing to do with any doctrine that supports and defends animal cruelty and slaughter and flesh eating..
Why don't you stop the animal slaughtering false religion crap and convince us Christians why we should forsake Christ for your form of Hindu religion?

r

Moves
12 Sep 15
1 edit

to bill718
it would only be possible if all the revelations were consistent.
There are too many differences, too many conficting points.
if we use Occam's razor, only one revelation is true.
Which one? That's what study of the Scriptures reveals.
(John 17:17) Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Sep 15

None of this is possible.

God does not reveal himself to persons, only to be the front man for an animal slaughtering false religion.

God has nothing to do with any doctrine that supports and defends animal cruelty and slaughter and flesh eating..
Ignorant.

God does not adhere to your beliefs. One must adhere to God.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Sep 15
1 edit

It also reminds me of the scientific symposium where the Big Bang is the subject, and all the scientists have come up with 10 different possible concepts of what the Big Bang actually is.

This is what always happens with a theory.
That's the problem with proof.

When there's no proof, people are free to think up the most outlandish things, despite what God tells them.

All that aside, theory is the first step to proof.

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
12 Sep 15

Originally posted by roigam
to bill718
it would only be possible if all the revelations were consistent.
There are too many differences, too many conficting points.
if we use Occam's razor, only one revelation is true.
Which one? That's what study of the Scriptures reveals.
(John 17:17) Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth.
I would point out that we do not know if all revelations are consistent or not. It is possible they are consistent, though they may be presented in a different way, and in a different context.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
13 Sep 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
One must adhere to God.
I guess you are going to stick to that.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
14 Sep 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
Why don't you stop the animal slaughtering false religion crap and convince us Christians why we should forsake Christ for your form of Hindu religion?
Why do you belong to a religion that is violent towards defence-less animals.

Why do you paint Jesus as a violent man of a violent religion?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
14 Sep 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
Ignorant.

God does not adhere to your beliefs. One must adhere to God.
So I must adhere to a religion that not only is violent towards animals, but vocally defends and promotes violence towards animals.

This is the sad but true absurdity of Christianity.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
14 Sep 15

Some comments:

To bill718: Your premise is not only possible, but likely.

To FMF and sonhouse: Both looking at the moon and the elephant story are suitable analogies. Even Paul admits (after being so dogmatic about many things!) that we see through a glass, darkly
Remember also that the finger pointing at the moon is not the moon!

To twhitehead: We had a discussion before where you maintained that ALL religions are mutually exclusive, because they all contradict each other, and that IF there were a god that "revealed himself/herself" then the message would be clear and consistent. My position is that in every message, where there is a sender and receiver, (even from god to us) there is the possibility of a corruption of the message. The human mind just interferes too much, and as you rightly point out, each person having believed that he/she received such a divine message, quickly proclaims that that must be the ONLY true message, and all others are heretical. Sad but true, but that does NOT negate the fact that the original message could well have been lost in translation.

And don't say that an omnipotent god would make sure that it does NOT get lost in translation, because that would be merely speculation.

An interesting verse on this subject, and often overlooked in these discussions ( for example in the Rajk vs KJ discussion on Faith vs Works) is Acts 10, 34-35 which says (Peter speaking) The truth that I have come to realize is that God does not have favourites, and that anybody, of any nationality who respects the Divine and does what is right is acceptable to him.

A clearer message it would be difficult to find, in spite of all the discussion about "accepting Christ", being "born again" and hellfire and brimstone for those that don't.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Sep 15

Why do you belong to a religion that is violent towards defence-less animals.

Why do you paint Jesus as a violent man of a violent religion?
I believe in Christianity and the Shroud of Turin, that's why.

w

Moves
14 Sep 15

Originally posted by bill718
*It is possible that God revealed himself to the Jews through Moses and the Torah.

*It is possible that God revealed himself to the Gentiles through Jesus and the New Testament.

*It is possible that God revealed himself through the Arab and African tribes through Mohammed and the Quran.

It is possible that all of this came from the same God. 🙂
If there is a God, then it boils down to him revealing himself to you.

Jesus once sat his disciples down and asked them who they thought he was. Some said they thought maybe Elijah or another prophet etc. Then Peter spoke up and said that he was the Son of God. Jesus then said that the Father had revealed this to him and told them not to reveal this to anyone as of yet.

All we have is revelation as to who and what God is.

What say you Bill? Compare the lives of Jesus and Mo and tell me how they are alike.

F

Moves
14 Sep 15

Originally posted by whodey
If there is a God, then it boils down to him revealing himself to you.

Jesus once sat his disciples down and asked them who they thought he was. Some said they thought maybe Elijah or another prophet etc. Then Peter spoke up and said that he was the Son of God. Jesus then said that the Father had revealed this to him and told them not to reveal this to ...[text shortened]... is.

What say you Bill? Compare the lives of Jesus and Mo and tell me how they are alike.
Your personal preference for Christianity is moot if we are both wrong and Islam does embody the true revelation of "God".

w

Moves
14 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
Your personal preference for Christianity is moot if we are both wrong and Islam does embody the true revelation of "God".
I asked a simple question. How do the lives of Mo and Christ correlate?

How are the similar? How are the different?

F

Moves
14 Sep 15

Originally posted by whodey
I asked a simple question. How do the lives of Mo and Christ correlate?

How are the similar? How are the different?
Who says they need to correlate? Look, everyone knows you are a Christian. The fact that you prefer Christianity to Islam isn't any kind of "evidence" of there having been a revelation from "God".

w

Moves
14 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
Who says they need to correlate? Look, everyone knows you are a Christian. The fact that you prefer Christianity to Islam isn't any kind of "evidence" of there having been a revelation from "God".
Does anyone think that Htiler had any revelation from God?

Usually people who are murderous and warmongers are not assumed to be inspired of God, but of Satan.