1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Feb '15 19:19
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I think I have explained my position clearly. How many people will come to you and confess their sins? not many I would imagine, whereas they are more likely to come to me, a minster of God. I don't face the moral dilemma of Catholic priests because here there is mandatory reporting, but I am more likely to face more moral dilemmas than you are like ...[text shortened]... or immorality, will you, just by way of example. Why this should cause confusion, I cannot say.
    you 'discipline' people? what punishments do you use?
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Feb '15 19:24
    I think I have explained my position clearly. How many people will come to you and confess their sins? not many I would imagine, whereas they are more likely to come to me, a minster of God. I don't face the moral dilemma of Catholic priests because here there is mandatory reporting, but I am more likely to face more moral dilemmas than you are like ...[text shortened]... or immorality, will you, just by way of example. Why this should cause confusion, I cannot say.
    A minister of God, cracks me up everytime. You're a middle aged ex-plasterer from Glasgow who spends too much time on an online chess forum posting childlike nonsense as such -

'you are still a muppet, a metallica super flunkie and a gaylord extraordinaire.'

Minister of God??? Talk about delusions of grandeur.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Feb '15 19:25
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    you 'discipline' people? what punishments do you use?
    discipline can be a private reproof, a public reproof or in the case of unrepentence disfellowshipping. The aim of discipline is always restoration, its never intended to be punitive unless all avenues have been exhausted. I have to stress this because the Biblical concept of disciple is different from the secular. The student of scripture realises that everyone is disciplined in some facet.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Feb '15 19:283 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    A minister of God, cracks me up everytime. You're a middle aged ex-plasterer from Glasgow who spends too much time on an online chess forum posting childlike nonsense as such -

'you are still a muppet, a metallica super flunkie and a gaylord extraordinaire.'

Minister of God??? Talk about delusions of grandeur.
    Actually I have not been a plasterer for about ten years, I run a different business now, thank God. The clan forum from which you have gleaned the quotation is specifically intended for goading, many people fail to understand its intricacies. Yes a minister of God, fully ordained and duly appointed. I bet you would also reproach Jesus for being a carpenter? Peter for being a fisherman and Paul for being a tent maker? I admit that I have a certain child like quality.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Feb '15 19:34
    Actually I have not been a plasterer for about ten years, I run a different business now, thank God. The clan forum from which you have gleaned the quotation is specifically intended for goading, many people fail to understand its intricacies. Yes a minister of God, fully ordained and duly appointed. I bet you would also reproach Jesus for being a carpenter? Peter for being a fisherman and Paul for being a tent maker?
    I know you have not been a plasterer for a while, hence why I called you an ex-plasterer. You really need to read a post fully, intsaves confusion in the long run. I'm not reproaching you for being a plasterer, merely trying to ground you from the moon which you seem to be wired to.

Intricacies of the Clan Forum?! Dear God. 😞
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Feb '15 19:37
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I know you have not been a plasterer for a while, hence why I called you an ex-plasterer. You really need to read a post fully, intsaves confusion in the long run. I'm not reproaching you for being a plasterer, merely trying to ground you from the moon which you seem to be wired to.

Intricacies of the Clan Forum?! Dear God. 😞
    see five minutes in my presence and you are turning to God for guidance already 😛
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '15 06:59
    How many people will come to you and confess their sins? not many I would imagine, whereas they are more likely to come to me, a minster of God.
    This has to be your most hilarious forum post ever.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '15 08:58
    discipline can be a private reproof, a public reproof or in the case of unrepentence disfellowshipping.
    As a form of discipline, JW child sex predators might get "a public reproof" from the JW elders or the organisation?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Feb '15 12:00
    see five minutes in my presence and you are turning to God for guidance already...
    Turning to drink is more likely.
  10. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    21 Feb '15 13:07
    Originally posted by caissad4
    I saw a story about how were failing to report sexual abuse of children to authorities and claiming that they had that right. :'(
    lets face it faith or faithless they are all at it priests to princes
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '15 14:361 edit
    Originally posted by redbadger
    lets face it faith or faithless they are all at it priests to princes
    According to Ministry of Justice statistics, 3,785 people were found guilty or cautioned for child abuse offences in England and Wales in 2012. Of these, 2,179 were found guilty or cautioned for cruelty to or neglect of children; 351 were found guilty or cautioned for sexual activity with a child under 13 years;1,167 were found guilty or cautioned for sexual activity with a child under 16; and 88 were found guilty or cautioned for gross indecency with a child (Ministry of Justice, 2013)

http://www.nspcc.org.uk/globalassets/documents/information-service/research-briefing-people-who-abuse-children.pdf
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Feb '15 19:201 edit
    According to Ministry of Justice statistics, 3,785 people were found guilty or cautioned for child abuse offences in England and Wales in 2012. Of these, 2,179 were found guilty or cautioned for cruelty to or neglect of children; 351 were found guilty or cautioned for sexual activity with a child under 13 years;1,167 were found guilty or cautioned fo ...[text shortened]... rg.uk/globalassets/documents/information-service/research-briefing-people-who-abuse-children.pdf
    Never mind the waffle; there have been numerous accounts of JW Kingdom Hall leaders suppressing information relating to accusations of abuse within the membership. I've posted threads in this myself.

Your religion may not be much different to others in this respect, but there is not much solace in that, is there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree