1. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 15:06
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    So the non-availability of JW healthcare makes you sad too?
    You finally accept this as a problem, right?
    no this is the happy thread, we do not acknowledge sadness here, we care only for
    happy experiences, you might like to try the sadness thread, they have all kinds of
    sad experiences over there, sorry we cant help you, come again.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 15:08
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    no this is the happy thread, we do not acknowledge sadness here, we care only for
    happy experiences, you might like to try the sadness thread, they have all kinds of
    sad experiences over there, sorry we cant help you, come again.
    So you are as sad as any other JWer who is denied proper health care? Therefore you don't want to talk about sad things, because this is a 🙂 happy thread 🙂, right?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 15:11
    So you are as sad as any other JWer who is denied proper health care? Therefore you don't want to talk about sad things, because this is a 🙂 happy thread 🙂, right?
    i am happy to talk about happy experiences, perhaps if you managed to relate one, it
    may contribute to the happiness of this thread.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 15:222 edits
    i am happy to talk about happy experiences, perhaps if you managed to relate one, it
    may contribute to the happiness of this thread.
    But this in particular sad thing about JW, the non-availability of proper health care, you don't want to debate in this thread, because it makes you sad to accept.

Other sad things about JW, which I don't want to bring up in this thread, are
    (*) The accusations, and acceptance, of paedophilia in the JW organization
    (*) The ignorance, and hostility, of science education
    (*) Homophobia and mortal punishment for homosexual activities
    (*) The fact that other christians don't call JWers as real christians
    (*) The pyramide-like finances in JW organizational hierarchy
    (*) Denial of evolution
    (*) The cult structure of JW, aka the JW cult
    (*) the suicide awareness and death wish stemming from denying blood transfusions

And if noone want to answer this, then this will be the last posting in this thread.
    But if anyone wants to discuss the blood transfusion thing, or any othe sad point in the list above, then who am I to deny them a good debate about it?

Robbies silence answers more than he could possibly explain anyway.

Have a happy day to you all! Hakuna matata!
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 15:251 edit
    But this in particular sad thing about JW, the non-availability of proper health care, you don't want to debate in this thread, because it makes you sad to accept.

Other sad things about JW, which I don't want to bring up in this thread, are
    (*) The accusations, and acceptance, of paedophilia in the JW organization
    (*) The ignorance, and hostility, o ...[text shortened]... ers more than he could possibly explain anyway.

Have a happy day to you all! Hakuna matata!
    i see you are intent of wrecking the happy nature of my thread, your comments shall
    be ignored, as will you. Not one happy experience could you relate and yet you seem
    adept at proffering nothing but negativity and hatred, well, so be it, you are on your
    own, dont reply to my posts, your are not the sort of person i wish to have any
    correspondence with, good day and goodbye.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 15:353 edits
    dear reader i apologise for the interruption to our happy thread, i post some positive
    experiences to make up for it.

On November 6, 2009, Dmitry Smyk, who is one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, was fined
    3,500,000 rubles ($1,154 U.S.) for refusing to do military duty. “I try to be faithful to
    the Bible in every aspect of my life,” Brother Smyk stated, “and I follow the
    teachings it contains. For me, this includes believing that a person should not be
    trained for or participate in warfare.”
    —Isa. 2:1-4.

Although the Constitution of Belarus guarantees the right to choose alternative
    civilian service, there is no provision in the law for actually doing so. “On paper
    it appears that I have the right to alternative civilian service,” explained Brother
    Smyk, “but in reality I cannot exercise that right.” To correct this legislative flaw, on
    February 18, 2010, the president of Belarus formed a commission to
    draft a law on alternative service. Shortly thereafter, the court found Brother Smyk
    innocent and cancelled the heavy fine against him.

Because other young Witnesses in Belarus are confronted with this same issue
    and do not wish to learn war, it is hoped that the government will soon make
    provision for alternative civilian service.
  7. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 16:084 edits
    i see you are intent of wrecking the happy nature of my thread, your comments shall
    be ignored, as will you. Not one happy experience could you relate and yet you seem
    adept at proffering nothing but negativity and hatred, well, so be it, you are on your
    own, dont reply to my posts, your are not the sort of person i wish to have any
    correspondence with, good day and goodbye.
    I agree that we should spend more time considering what is good in life. The media is obsessed with bad news stories. A survey showed that, in just over a decade, the ratio of bad news to good news stories had gone from around 4 to 1 to 16 to 1 or thereabouts.

So, some of the things that make me happy:

1) That I live in a country where people of all races, religious beliefs (and non-beliefs), politics etc co-exist for the most part in peace.

2) That I live in a country where a person can choose who they want to marry irrespective of gender, race, religion, social class etc

3) That, when I was a teenager, I hoped to see 3 things in my lifetime - the end of apartheid in South Africa, the collapse of the Iron Curtain, and the end of the IRA's campaign. And I have seen them all!

4) That we live in a world where digital technology is systematically helping to empower people against those that would misuse power against them

5) That we live in a time when scientific discovery is opening up perspectives on the universe that would have been considered inconceivable only a matter of century or two ago

6) That we live in a time when medical science has helped to reduce the suffering of millions of people

7) That I have had the monumental good fortune to be here to see and appreciate this, and more.

But above all, I was asked yesterday by my 5 year old whether he could give all his money to Barnados 'to help poor kids'.

I hope this is happy enough for you. 🙂
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 17:54
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    I agree that we should spend more time considering what is good in life. The media is obsessed with bad news stories. A survey showed that, in just over a decade, the ratio of bad news to good news stories had gone from around 4 to 1 to 16 to 1 or thereabouts.

1) That I live in a country where people o ...[text shortened]... ive all his money to Barnados 'to help poor kids'.

its beautiful, my only concern is that despite the wonderful advances in medical
    science, there are still millions of preventable deaths, My Kid is doing a school project
    on the Victorians and he choose from a list, Bernardo. 🙂
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 18:55
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Give it a break.
    A break for you're down and depressing post would be great...
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 19:09
    the scriptures make it very clear that there are those who are Christians and those who profess to be Christians.
    You fall into neither camp imo.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 19:12
    Originally posted by galveston75
    A break for you're down and depressing post would be great...
    It's called "people disagreeing with you". Don't leave again because of it, you will just make yourself look silly.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 19:27
    Originally posted by Rank outsider

1) That I live in a country where people o ...[text shortened]... ive all his money to Barnados 'to help poor kids'.

Your list coincides almost exactly with mine. Back in the 70's when I was in university I was an outcast [sort-of] for telling fellow students and lecturers that communism will fall on its own weight without help from anyone, and that you cannot oppress blacks in SA for long.

As part of your #5 the amazing developments in communications technology is worth mentioning. The world has become a smaller place as a result of the internet and cellphones. Last year my daughter was traveling around Europe and with her cellphone and my Google Maps I could see exactly where she was going and seeing some of the sights she described to me. I have siblings in Australia and the UK and I could without cost [using Skype] carry on video conversations as long as I like with them. Just ten years ago that technology was ridiculously expensive and only affordable by the rich.

And it will only get better.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 20:291 edit
    I've posted the statement that the Bible promisses that someday in the future death will be done away with and we will become perfect in body.
    But I usually get the responce from some that they would not want to live forever. I know they are just respoding that way because they are not happy with the way life on this planet is for all of us. Not much hope on any level other then the simple and fleeting things we may make and invent that does make life a little easier at times and may extend our lifes by a few years.
    But if they really understood what God has planned for all who want it, I doubt they would throw that hope away.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 20:33
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Your list coincides almost exactly with mine. Back in the 70's when I was in university I was an outcast [sort-of] for telling fellow students and lecturers that communism will fall on its own weight without help from anyone, and that you cannot oppress blacks in SA for long.

As part of your #5 the amazing developments in communications technology is wor ...[text shortened]... ogy was ridiculously expensive and only affordable by the rich.

And it will only get better.
    I know I have placed a self imposed pan on responding to you as of late but I've actually appreciated some of your post the last few weeks and I thank you for this "positive" post here...Thanks.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 21:14
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You fall into neither camp imo.
    No happy thoughts yet

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree