Jehovahs Witness and cabbages

Jehovahs Witness and cabbages

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
21 Sep 14
4 edits

Jehovahs Witness are permitted to eat cabbages and brussels sprouts especially with butter and pepper but like to balance these with other nutritional dietary requirements, such as fiber, vitamins and protein.

The Brussels sprout is a cultivar in the Gemmifera group of cabbages (Brassica oleracea) and may have originated in Brussels although it was known to have been cultivated since Roman times.

Raw Brussels sprouts contain excellent levels of vitamin C and vitamin K, with more moderate amounts of B vitamins, such as folic acid and vitamin B6 ; essential minerals and dietary fiber exist in lesser amounts.

Source Wikipedia

Other types of cabbages (divesjeester moronicus) a cultivar of the FMF group (windbaggus extraordinus) are considered to be bitter and contorted and best avoided due to copious amounts of drool they produce when challenged, the Bible giving wise advice on the matter.

'Now I urge you, brothers, to keep your eye on those who create divisions and causes for stumbling contrary to the teaching that you have learned, and avoid them.' - Romans 16:17

F

Moves
21 Sep 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Jehovahs Witness are permitted to eat cabbages and brussels sprouts especially with butter and pepper but like to balance these with other nutritional dietary requirements, such as fiber, vitamins and protein.

The Brussels sprout is a cultivar in the Gemmifera group of cabbages (Brassica oleracea) and may have originated in Brussels although it ...[text shortened]... pious amounts of drool they produce when challenged, the Bible giving wise advice on the matter.
Did your Awake! magazine really caution Jehovah's Witnesses against playing chess back in 1973? Has this caution since been rescinded?

rc

Moves
21 Sep 14

Apostacy

This term in Greek (apostasia) comes from the verb aphistemi, literally meaning “stand away from.” The noun has the sense of “desertion, abandonment or rebellion.” (Ac 21:21) In classical Greek the noun was used to refer to political defection, and the verb is evidently employed in this sense at Acts 5:37, concerning Judas the Galilean who “drew off” (apestese, form of aphistemi) followers. The Greek Septuagint uses the term at Genesis 14:4 with reference to such a rebellion. However, in the Christian Greek Scriptures it is used primarily with regard to religious defection; a withdrawal or abandonment of the true cause, worship, and service of God, and hence an abandonment of what one has previously professed and a total desertion of principles or faith.

jw.org

Bibles wise advice on dealing with apostates,

'Now I urge you, brothers, to keep your eye on those who create divisions and causes for stumbling contrary to the teaching that you have learned, and avoid them.' - Romans 16:17

F

Moves
21 Sep 14

Presumably robbie is going to copy paste this more than just the two times he has so far.

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
21 Sep 14

The Brussels sprout is a cultivar in the Gemmifera group of cabbages (Brassica oleracea) and may have originated in Brussels although it ...[text shortened]... es for stumbling contrary to the teaching that you have learned, and avoid them.' - Romans 16:17
Sprouts are ok but Kale is the king of Brassicas .

rc

Moves
21 Sep 14

Originally posted by redbadger
Sprouts are ok but Kale is the king of Brassicas .
Hmmm i don't know if I've ever had Kale. It looks like a wild cabbage.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Sep 14

The Brussels sprout is a cultivar in the Gemmifera group of cabbages (Brassica oleracea) and may have originated in Brussels although it ...[text shortened]... es for stumbling contrary to the teaching that you have learned, and avoid them.' - Romans 16:17
I had a look through the chess thread that proper knob posted and it is clear to me that you are a hypocrite. Of course I want you to enjoy chess, I want you to enjoy a full and rewarding life and I wish you no ill will. But you are without credibility as a representative of your religious order.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Sep 14

Originally posted by FMF
Presumably robbie is going to copy paste this more than just the two times he has so far.
Meist.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
21 Sep 14

Kale was introduced into Britain in the thirteenth century and was popular as it grows well early in the year - Lent is one of those virtues born in part from necessity.

w

Moves
21 Sep 14
1 edit

Don't let him fool you robbie. Kale is a pagan veggy and often worshiped as such!

Kale is the new "apple" robbie. Eat it and you will eat eternal damnation. 😲

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Sep 14

My wife loves it and to me it's ok but usually in soups or such.

w

Moves
21 Sep 14

Originally posted by galveston75
Kale is the blood transfusion of the vegetable world.

You've been warned. 😠

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
21 Sep 14

Originally posted by whodey
Don't let him fool you robbie. Kale is a pagan veggy and often worshiped as such!

Kale is the new "apple" robbie. Eat it and you will eat eternal damnation. 😲
That may be true, but if he eats it he might know something he didn't know before... before eating it*.

*unnecessary explanation

rc

Moves
21 Sep 14

Originally posted by DeepThought
Kale was introduced into Britain in the thirteenth century and was popular as it grows well early in the year - Lent is one of those virtues born in part from necessity.
Lent I think is way earlier than we perceive, I am sure Hislop wrote a chapter on its similarity to some Babylonian rites in his book 'The two Babylons', from memory, although its hazy.

rc

Moves
21 Sep 14

Originally posted by galveston75
I don't know why I have never eaten it, seems strange being a vegetarian.