1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 10:43
    @chaney3 said
    You need to ask yourself that question.

Being a Christian is more than just calling yourself a Christian. Your pal "called himself" a Christian for years, and now look at him.

Be better Dive.
    I am most definitely a Christian, you are welcome to disagree.

Now...have you decided if you are a Christian or if you are not a Christian?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 10:57
    @divegeester said
    I am most definitely a Christian, you are welcome to disagree.

Now...have you decided if you are a Christian or if you are not a Christian?
    Is part of being a Christian having "checkmate" questions for everyone?
    Everyone but themselves?

Please look at the log in your eye, and not the speck in your neighbor's eye, okay?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 12:23
    @chaney3 said
    Back to the thread, God was not speaking to us in Jeremiah 29:11, He was speaking to Jewish exiles. But people just love to single out that verse and try to apply it to themselves.
    I disagree.

I think part of the magic of the Bible is that it speaks to all people from many eras.

One concept you've never cottoned to is the idea that God does have our best interests at heart. The text could be applied to any people, living at any time. God speaks, through the Bible, to anyone who cares to listen.

If you have questions about anything you read therein, you probably should take it to the source, and ask Him about it.

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man [is] unstable in all his ways." -- James 1:5-8, KJV
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 12:36
    @chaney3 said
    Sorry Dive, but you're not someone who should be questioning anybody's Christianity, because yours is very weak, and your daily words on these forums reflect someone who is far from Christ.
    Are you someone who should be questioning anybody's Christianity?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 12:47
    @fmf said
    Are you someone who should be questioning anybody's Christianity?
    Are you?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 12:57
    @suzianne said
    Are you?
    Well, I'm certainly in a position to discuss Christianity with people - and this is the forum for it - but I have never gone around here saying so and so is a strong Christian or so and so is a weak Christian.

chaney3, who has claimed both that he is a Christian and that he isn't a Christian, when questioned about this, said to divegeester, who is a Christian, "you're not someone who should be questioning anybody's Christianity because yours is very weak".

It seems that, according to chaney3, he can question somebody's Christianity, but divegeester can't. It seems odd to me. Do you think chaney3 is right?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 14:04
    @fmf said
    Well, I'm certainly in a position to discuss Christianity with people - and this is the forum for it - but I have never gone around here saying so and so is a strong Christian or so and so is a weak Christian.

chaney3, who has claimed both that he is a Christian and that he isn't a Christian, when questioned about this, said to divegeester, who is a Christian, "you're not som ...[text shortened]... n somebody's Christianity, but divegeester can't. It seems odd to me. Do you think chaney3 is right?
    Your usage of "God figure" tells me that your supposed Christianity was weak too.

Nobody can be a Christian for 30 years, then talk about God and Jesus the way you do, which is with disrespect.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 15:07
    @chaney3 said
    Your usage of "God figure" tells me that your supposed Christianity was weak too.

Nobody can be a Christian for 30 years, then talk about God and Jesus the way you do, which is with disrespect.
    Yes but, are you someone who should be questioning anybody's Christianity?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 15:143 edits
    @divegeester

After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, “Fear not, Abram. I am thy shield and thy exceeding great reward.”
    Gen 15:1

The promise is that God Himself is the reward.
    That's a reward. Right ?

“Fear not, Abram. I am ... thy exceeding great reward.” (See Gen. 15:1)
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 18:21
    @chaney3 saidWhen are people going to start preaching the truth, that you can believe in God, and have awful things happen to you and your loved ones?
    Perhaps they'll start preaching "truth" when they read the book of Job.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 21:00
    @bigdoggproblem said
    Perhaps they'll start preaching "truth" when they read the book of Job.
    Indeed.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 21:05
    @fmf said
    Yes but, are you someone who should be questioning anybody's Christianity?
    In Dive's case yes. He is one of the only Christians on this forum who, by use of his words, doesn't really act like a Christian.

Disputing opinions on various bible interpretations is not what I'm talking about.

And you, are a horrible ex Christian.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 21:25
    @suzianne said
    I disagree.

I think part of the magic of the Bible is that it speaks to all people from many eras.

One concept you've never cottoned to is the idea that God does have our best interests at heart. The text could be applied to any people, living at any time. God speaks, through the Bible, to anyone who cares to listen.

If you have questions about anything you read t ...[text shortened]... ceive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man [is] unstable in all his ways." -- James 1:5-8, KJV
    God seems to put a twist into the James verses you cited. Praying correctly. Who has any idea if they pray correctly...."with faith"?

I'll be the first to admit that when I pray, there's doubt behind it.

Is He listening?
    Can He sort through the millions of prayers to get to mine?
    Is my prayer part of His will?
    Is my prayer good enough?
    Did I end the prayer with "in Jesus' name", so it doesn't get automatically rejected?
    Etc......

I have doubts.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 23:31
    @chaney3 said
    And yet here I am, talking the way I do. You can no longer claim - truthfully - that you've met "nobody" who's an ex-Christian and who talks the way I do.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 01:48
    @chaney3 said
    God seems to put a twist into the James verses you cited. Praying correctly. Who has any idea if they pray correctly...."with faith"?

I'll be the first to admit that when I pray, there's doubt behind it.

Is He listening?
    Can He sort through the millions of prayers to get to mine?
    Is my prayer part of His will?
    Is my prayer good enough?
    Did I end the prayer with "in Jesus' name", so it doesn't get automatically rejected?
    Etc......

I have doubts.
    Do you really think one can pray effectively "without faith"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree