1. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 14:43
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I know sir, and I am genuinely sorry to hear things have not worked out for you in life. (Still time though to turn things around).
    Don't get me wrong, I'm surviving and doing the best I can, with the best attitude I can muster, but if this is all God has up His sleeve for me, then His will sort of sucks.

See....even managed to keep my awesome wit and sense of humor.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 14:55
    @chaney3 said
    Don't get me wrong, I'm surviving and doing the best I can, with the best attitude I can muster, but if this is all God has up His sleeve for me, then His will sort of sucks.

See....even managed to keep my awesome wit and sense of humor.
    Actually sir, I often marvel at how you keep your wit and sense of humour so well hidden.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 14:58
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Actually sir, I often marvel at how you keep your wit and sense of humour so well hidden.
    Lol lol. Jerk.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 16:56
    @chaney3 said
    Now.....either it's all my fault through bad decisions, and self will, or God was not speaking to me in that verse.
    One has to weigh whether there is practical benefit in squeezing a question through a valve that consists of a false dichotomy, especially when one purports to be seeking an understanding of something profound.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 19:42
    @chaney3 said
    I'll get personal here, even though I'll likely regret it.

I have not prospered in this life, and much disaster has come my way.

Now.....either it's all my fault through bad decisions, and self will, or God was not speaking to me in that verse.

Either way, the question remains, can my free will ruin God's supposed good plans for me?
    Self pity does not contain the answer you are looking for.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 19:46
    @divegeester said
    Self pity does not contain the answer you are looking for.
    You're such a dick.

I was trying to make a valid point. I do NOT feel sorry for myself, just challenging the supposed promise made by God.

Dick.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 20:532 edits
    @kellyjay said
    Giving your life over the Lord is not self-serving, walking as a living sacrifice is not
    self-serving. You again, do not know what is in other's hearts, yet you judge them
    as if you have some insight only God has.
    People can and do talk about "Giving your life over the Lord" and "walking as a living sacrifice" all they want. It doesn't change the fact that the dogma that many Christians believe IS a self-serving system of beliefs and that many Christians believe the dogma because it's self-serving system of beliefs.

For example the following was written on this forum some years ago in response to another poster's appeal for man to address issues on this planet:
    Christ has an answer for the problem of sin and death. He has an answer to the problem of my existence, why I am here.

Jesus Christ offers me total peace as to my sinful past and empowering grace for the present as well as undying hope for the future.

Christ offers me transformation into His glorious image. I can see it happening and others around me can also.

Christ offers me the gift of eternal life and the love of a family of brothers and sisters in Christ around the world. He offers me sweet fellowship and oneness with millions of fellow believers.

Christ offers me what I firmly believe is the truth about life as opposed to so many missteps and outright lies of the blind leading the blind.

Christ offers me the salvation of my being and the the environment of this world in which I live - a world to come free from sin, death, and unrighteousness where there are tears no more.

Christ offers me a life meaningful from second to second and adventure to be one with Him in God's eternal plan. Christ offers me the assurance of final victory and joy in my heart the carries me through trials and tribulations of every kind. He has never let me down.

Now if I drop my experience of Jesus Christ and take up your philosophy, how will it benefit me? What does your philosophy have to offer concerning these vital questions of man's existence ?

Other than stand along the sideline and jeer, what do you have that is better for me than Jesus Christ the Son of God ??

With phrases such as such as "Christ offers me...", "How will it benefit me?", "what do you have that is better for me?", etc.; it's all about what HE gets. It's remarkably self-centered.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 21:25
    @chaney3 said
    You're such a dick.

I was trying to make a valid point. I do NOT feel sorry for myself, just challenging the supposed promise made by God.

Dick.
    I made a lengthy and thought through response which, as usual, you dismissed with your glib abdication of personal responsibility.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 21:27
    @thinkofone said
    People can and do talk about "Giving your life over the Lord" and "walking as a living sacrifice" all they want. It doesn't change the fact that the dogma that many Christians believe IS a self-serving system of beliefs and that many Christians believe the dogma because it's self-serving system of beliefs.

For example the following was written on this forum some years a ...[text shortened]... you have that is better for me?", etc.; it's all about what HE gets. It's remarkably self-centered.
    Well if I were you I would go debate the
    those who you are quoting. At least that would be real, instead of claiming you know what is in other’s hearts.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 21:30
    @divegeester said
    I made a lengthy and thought through response which, as usual, you dismissed with your glib abdication of personal responsibility.
    I was responding to the latter part of your post saying that particular verse was meant for me.

I said I disagree!!

If you can reply without being an assshole, I'll discuss this further with you, otherwise don't bother.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 21:34
    @kellyjay said
    Well if I were you I would go debate the
    those who you are quoting. At least that would be real, instead of claiming you know what is in other’s hearts.
    No surprise that you side-stepped the salient points of my post and instead focused on a supporting example. It's what you always do when unable to formulate a cogent response.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 21:35
    @chaney3 said
    I was responding to the latter part of your post saying that particular verse was meant for me.

I said I disagree!!

If you can reply without being an assshole, I'll discuss this further with you, otherwise don't bother.

What do you think trolls such as DG are here to do?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 21:48
    @thinkofone said

What do you think trolls such as DG are here to do?
    I don't know.
    Do you?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 21:49
    @chaney3 said

I said I disagree!!

You’re being quite abusive.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 21:523 edits
    @chaney3 said
    I don't know.
    Do you?
    They very reason that trolls post here IS to be an "assshole".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree