1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    21 Jul '17 17:14
    From John

    Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me

    I think everyone agrees that God the Father is the God of the OT, but it seems some believe that Jesus and the Father are different. Jesus simply speaks the Fathers' word, if you believe Jesus. Therefore is it not true that Jesus and the Father are the same? Is Jesus not the God of the OT as well?
  2. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    21 Jul '17 18:03
    Originally posted by @eladar
    From John

    [b]Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, livin ...[text shortened]... is it not true that Jesus and the Father are the same? Is Jesus not the God of the OT as well?
    Sonship claims that Jesus IS IN HIM.
    That makes sonship the Jesus of the New Testament... 😀
  3. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    354
    21 Jul '17 18:11
    Originally posted by @eladar
    From John

    [b]Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, livin ...[text shortened]... is it not true that Jesus and the Father are the same? Is Jesus not the God of the OT as well?
    Get ready, this is a dilemma for many and you are likely to get a backlash. I believe 3 in 1, God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit, three different (offices if you will) all one.

    Jesus is the Word, Jesus is God

    John 1:1 New King James Version (NKJV)

    1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
  4. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    West Coast Rioter
    tinyurl.com/y7loem9q
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    21 Jul '17 19:24
    If we go by Saint Patrick's description - that the Trinity is like the three lobes of a clover leaf - then Jesus and the Father are different lobes of the single God.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35531
    21 Jul '17 20:03
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    If we go by Saint Patrick's description - that the Trinity is like the three lobes of a clover leaf - then Jesus and the Father are different lobes of the single God.
    Persons, offices, "lobes".

    Seems like everyone has their own take on it, and they all seem ready to go to the mat over "their version" of the idea, as if they invented it and they alone have figured it out.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35531
    21 Jul '17 20:06
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Sonship claims that Jesus IS IN HIM.
    That makes sonship the Jesus of the New Testament... 😀
    You're just SO full of Christian brotherhood and understanding, aren't you?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    21 Jul '17 20:131 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Persons, offices, "lobes".

    Seems like everyone has their own take on it, and they all seem ready to go to the mat over "their version" of the idea, as if they invented it and they alone have figured it out.
    Has your Jesus ever ordered that homosexuals be executed? How about ordering the execution of helpless babies?
  8. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    354
    21 Jul '17 20:51
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Has your Jesus ever ordered that homosexuals be executed? How about ordering the execution of helpless babies?
    Why the preoccupation with this, I have seen it a couple of times?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    21 Jul '17 20:55
    Originally posted by @leunammi
    Why the preoccupation with this, I have seen it a couple of times?
    I am just wondering how someone who believes that there is nothing wrong with homosexuality can claim this Jesus.
  10. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    354
    21 Jul '17 21:30
    Originally posted by @eladar
    I am just wondering how someone who believes that there is nothing wrong with homosexuality can claim this Jesus.
    Maybe there hasn't been a 'realization or 'revelation' such as the one you may have had. Does it matter? What I mean is, does what someone else believes going to affect what you believe.

    If a belief conflicts with the Word, then there is a conflict.

    On another note and just wondering. Why use the phrase 'this Jesus? Are you a Christian that believes in Jesus?
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    21 Jul '17 21:46
    Originally posted by @leunammi
    Maybe there hasn't been a 'realization or 'revelation' such as the one you may have had. Does it matter? What I mean is, does what someone else believes going to affect what you believe.

    If a belief conflicts with the Word, then there is a conflict.

    On another note and just wondering. Why use the phrase 'this Jesus? Are you a Christian that believes in Jesus?
    What does the Bible say about false teachers? Let them do their thing without speaking against it?
  12. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    354
    21 Jul '17 21:48
    Originally posted by @eladar
    What does the Bible say about false teachers? Let them do their thing without speaking against it?
    What does it say?
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    21 Jul '17 21:58
    Originally posted by @leunammi
    What does it say?
    To be aware of false prophets and false teachings and to contend for the faith.
  14. Standard memberchaney3
    Bring it on.......
    Joined
    26 Dec '14
    Moves
    29704
    21 Jul '17 23:51
    Originally posted by @eladar
    From John

    [b]Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, livin ...[text shortened]... is it not true that Jesus and the Father are the same? Is Jesus not the God of the OT as well?
    I have not been given enough proof that Jesus is God. At all.

    It doesn't make sense that Jesus prays to himself.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    22 Jul '17 00:29
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    I have not been given enough proof that Jesus is God. At all.

    It doesn't make sense that Jesus prays to himself.
    What of Jesus' existance in the time of the OT? Was he in existence? Was he in total agreement with God?
Back to Top