1. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 12:131 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    I am not logically challenged, but a logic machine and remain capable of rational thought

All evidence to the contrary.

I am not going to get into a debate as to whether violent computer games, or anything else
    you want to bring up, is bad for kids.

The reason being that the topic here is whether or not sending kids to Jesus ...[text shortened]... y to make us talk about all those other things which stops us talking
    about the topic at hand.
    You have still failed to tell us what kind of the values the Jesus camp is instilling in their children, so that we can make an evaluation.

Third time asking.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 13:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    You have still failed to tell us what kind of the values the Jesus camp is instilling in their children, so that we can make an evaluation.

Third time asking.
    Well I had to deal with all your attempts at side tracking first 😛

I'm not sure that that is the right question, in that it's not necessarily the values
    themselves [which I/we of course object to as a whole, that should go without saying]
    but the way they are being 'instilled'.

Actually the example I gave earlier might serve as a good analogy on this point.

It's a good idea to teach kids about 'stranger danger' within reason, we don't want
    kids to just trust any person they meet or walk off with them...

However teaching your 6 year old about stranger danger by kidnapping them and
    then threatening to rape them is obviously not ok and will land all those involved in jail.

I strongly object to the values you preach, and don't believe that kids should be
    subjected to them. However when not being hyperbolic I wouldn't class teaching kids
    your beliefs to be actual child abuse that should be prevented by the state...
    probably.

However in the case we have here, the values are probably similar in terms of harm,
    But the methods they use to indoctrinate kids into them are beyond the pale.
  3. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 14:08
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I am appalled by the way young innocent children are manipulated and indoctrinated by evolutionists in public schools to believe in the goo to the zoo to you theory of evolution. This has got to be abuse by anyones standards.

A DNA nail in the coffin of the goo to the zoo to you

http://www.examiner.com/article/a-dna-nail-the-coffin-of-the-goo-to-the-zoo-to-you
    Obviously your belief in creationism does not extend to formulating your own thoughts or constructing your own sentences.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 14:12
    One thing I think we can all agree on is that, under certain circumstances, the state should ~ and should certainly have the right to ~ take children away from their parents for their protection.
  5. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 14:294 edits
    No I am not defending the Jesus Camp, what I am defending is a parents right to inculcate values in their children. I have not moralised over what those values might be, unlike you who seem to think that you can make it your business. Your attempt to juxtapose a parents right to inculcate values in their children with the Hitler youth is ludicrous. ...[text shortened]... you are saying? if so please unplug yourself from the moon to which you are clearly wired, ASAP.
    You quite obviously have not watched this program, of have not listened to what was said! Let me refresh your memory with just a few of their statements-People have too much freedom. Democracy predicts its own downfall.What you teach a child before the age of SEVEN will stay with them all their lives. You must be prepared to die for your religion. We are at war!!!!!!. This could have directly from islamic state. This is exactly the kind of young mind manipulation that prepares the minds of the "faithful" to commit atrocities in the name of their god.I would wager that this is precisely the kind of garbage force fed muslim terrorists when they were children.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 14:46
    Originally posted by OdBod
    Just watched this and I am absolutely appalled by the way young innocent children are manipulated and indoctrinated. This has got to be abuse by anyones standards. If you get a chance watch it . The perfect way to prevent a young mind from becoming open, questioning and creative before it has any chance to resist that indoctrination!!!!!!!,
    Same thing goes for homosexually in schools!
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 14:52
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Same thing goes for homosexually in schools!
    No, no it doesn't.
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 20:24
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    No, no it doesn't.
    Sure it does it could make a straight person try homosexuality.
    One of my peers in school tried drugs only because the D.A.R.E. program said not to!
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 22:10
    Sure it does it could make a straight person try homosexuality.
    One of my peers in school tried drugs only because the D.A.R.E. program said not to!
    Well there are two problems with this.

One, a person 'trying' something is only bad if the thing they are 'trying' is bad.
    Homosexuality isn't morally bad, and thus 'trying it' if you feel so inclined is also not bad.

Two, THERE IS NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER THAT THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENS IN REALITY.
    Your nutty paranoid delusions aside, all the evidence is that you cannot in fact make
    a heterosexual person homosexual or vice versa. Guys who don't find guys attractive
    don't suddenly start finding them attractive if they learn to respect gay rights.

I have to wonder at those who seem so afraid that they might find themselves turned
    gay somehow. Stop worrying, it's not possible. And nobody is trying.

It is however important that we as a society stop persecuting and hounding and shaming
    the minority that are LGBTQ... because doing so causes them immense amounts of harm.
    The numbers that commit suicide because of this are horrific and a terrible indictment of
    the rabid homophobia of our mainstream religions.
  10. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 22:28
    Mr RBHILL, you also want to check out the latest research into female partial rejection of male foetuses ( with particular reference to second and third sons), looks like there could well be a PHYSIOLOGICAL pressure toward homosexuality. So much for life style choice ! Still, I expect the usual cog' dissonance will kick in and no extra knowledge will be taken on board'
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 23:14

Third time asking.
    You seem to really want GF to do your bidding more than you want to learn about Jesus camp. Do you know how to use google search?
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 23:35
    This may come as a shock to you. But honestly I don't care what people do inside of their own home and not flaunt it out in public. I don't even like seeing straight people kiss in public. Honestly the only place is at the airport I don't mind. To legalize homosexuality would be nice but how about a trade off of having no parades.
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 23:43
    325 M in the USA.
    10% are Atheists.
    2% of total population is Gay.

So that means 6.5 of Atheists are Gay out of the 32.5 M making the Gay population of atheists 20%
  14. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 23:54
    This may come as a shock to you. But honestly I don't care what people do inside of their own home and not flaunt it out in public. I don't even like seeing straight people kiss in public. Honestly the only place is at the airport I don't mind. To legalize homosexuality would be nice but how about a trade off of having no parades.
    But seriously RB ,aren't you being just a little bit hypocritical? As an atheist I find religion distasteful and destructive but respect your right to publicly represent it. Surely you should allow others that same right.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 23:58
    Who are you people to say what a parent is and is not allowed to inculcate in their children?
    "their children"
    unfortunately the English language does not have words
    to differentiate between offspring and possessions.

Children do not belong to their parents - they are not
    owned. Parents have no right to do whatever they wish
    with their children's minds - even if well-intentioned.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree