Jesus Camp?

Jesus Camp?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L

Moves
10 Aug 07

Originally posted by epiphinehas
I did admire the faith which those kids displayed.
You're absolutely ridiculous. It merits lament of their milieu; your pity, not your admiration.

Illinois

Moves
10 Aug 07

Originally posted by LemonJello
You're absolutely ridiculous. It merits lament of their milieu; your pity, not your admiration.
Of course, we are each entitled to our own opinion...

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
10 Aug 07

Originally posted by rwingett
Did you admire the part where the kids were talking about martyring themselves?
What's wrong with that?

DMM

USA

Moves
11 Aug 07

Originally posted by Coletti
What's wrong with that?
Take a hard look at yourself...then say that again! Go on....

Illinois

Moves
11 Aug 07

Originally posted by Dance Master MC
Take a hard look at yourself...then say that again! Go on....
It's a valid question. What is wrong with that?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
11 Aug 07

It's a valid question. What is wrong with that?
What's wrong with flying jets into skyscrapers? You raise a child to accept the notion of martyrdom and that's what you end up with.

V

Earth

Moves
11 Aug 07

Originally posted by Coletti
What's wrong with that?
Let me tell you what is wrong with that. Why would a group of peace loving, cheek turning Christians contemplate martyrdom? What situation are these so called soldiers preparing for?

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
11 Aug 07
2 edits

Here's a YouTube link to the trailer:

As others have said, this is some scary stuff; the worst part being the blatant parallels between these kids and kids in fundamental Islamic schools of terror. Complete brainwashing.

Illinois

Moves
11 Aug 07

Originally posted by Varqa
Let me tell you what is wrong with that. Why would a group of peace loving, cheek turning Christians contemplate martyrdom? What situation are these so called soldiers preparing for?
Exactly. What does it mean for a Christian to be a 'martyr'? Many here equate Christian martyrdom with Islamic extremist martyrdom. Are they really the same thing?

DMM

USA

Moves
11 Aug 07

Exactly. What does it mean for a Christian to be a 'martyr'? Many here equate Christian martyrdom with Islamic extremist martyrdom. Are they really the same thing?
yes. Can you give reasonable explaination otherwise?

Illinois

Moves
11 Aug 07
1 edit

yes. Can you give reasonable explaination otherwise?
I'll give it a try...

----------------------------------

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

-------------------------------------

Here are all the attributes of a Christian martyr: the poor in spirit, they that mourn, the meek, they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness, the merciful, the pure in heart, the peacemakers.

Simply put, those who love God with all their heart and obey the golden rule, "love your neighbor as yourself," who suffer unjustly for merely being affiliated with Christ.

Christian martyrs die for righteousness' sake (i.e. for Christ's sake), being harmless as doves; loving their enemies. While Islamic extremist martyrs die in order to kill as many of their enemies as possible.

Discuss...

DMM

USA

Moves
11 Aug 07

I'll give it a try...

Blessed are [b]the poor in spirit
: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they ...[text shortened]... extremist martyrs die in order to kill as many of their enemies as possible.

Discuss...[/b]
These Islamic extremists die for the same reason, to die for Allah, they sacrifice themselves to kill those who don't believe in Allah.

Illinois

Moves
11 Aug 07
1 edit

These Islamic extremists die for the same reason, to die for Allah, they sacrifice themselves to kill those who don't believe in Allah.
That's just false. A martyr for Christ and a martyr for Allah die for different reasons, not the 'same' reason. Suicide bombers seek to sacrifice themselves by killing others, while Christian martyrs die in the service of others, for Christ's sake, without seeking to sacrifice themselves. One is wrong, while the other is right. How can you honestly overlook this glaring distinction between the two?

It seems your real issue is with 'zeal'...

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
14 Aug 07

Originally posted by rwingett
What's wrong with flying jets into skyscrapers? You raise a child to accept the notion of martyrdom and that's what you end up with.
Not at all. To be a martyr simply means to die for something - it doesn't imply to kill others in the process. Christian martyrs have died for refusing to worship false gods or for refusing to recant their faith in Christ. In no way are Christians called to kill unbelievers by blowing themselves up. But they are called to be willing to sacrifice themselves to defend their faith and protect others. A true Christian martyr would sooner die trying to save a Muslim then kill him. There are, in fact, Christian martyrs in the middle east now - who are being murdered because of their faith.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
14 Aug 07

I'll give it a try...

Blessed are [b]the poor in spirit
: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they ...[text shortened]... extremist martyrs die in order to kill as many of their enemies as possible.

Discuss...[/b]
Suicides aren't supposed to be able to go to Paradise from what I understand of Islam.