10 Aug '07 00:45
    has anybody seen this film?
  3. Earth
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 00:56
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    Boy! That's scary.
    I am sorry if I ever offended any of you Christians. It is all in good fun, right?

OK, I'll be going now. I think I'll go to the Middle East where it is safer.
  4. USA
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 01:06
    Originally posted by Varqa
    Boy! That's scary.
    I am sorry if I ever offended any of you Christians. It is all in good fun, right?

OK, I'll be going now. I think I'll go to the Middle East where it is safer.
    amen.

oh crap, please don't kill me!:'(
  5. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 01:31
    Has anybody seen this film?
    I've heard others talk about it.

I keep hearing the term Neo-Nazi when a conversation about it starts...
  6. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 06:43
    Holy F*^$*!, Oh my F$#*@ god! Holy Sh*#

That movie is f'ed up, a flippin army?

for those who haven't seen the movie see the trailer:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/magnolia/jesuscamp/trailer/
    This is why institutionalised religion should be quashed.
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 08:04
    God love those Christians with their forgiving and turning the other cheek...
  8. Illinois
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 08:59
    I'm not a supporter of the religious right-wing, but I did admire the faith which those kids displayed. If Christ is the Truth, then those kids are far wiser than the most learned, godless scholars in the world. 😀

"I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will" (Matthew 11:25-26).
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 13:20
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    I'm not a supporter of the religious right-wing, but I did admire the faith which those kids displayed. If Christ is the Truth, then those kids are far wiser than the most learned, godless scholars in the world. 😀

"I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will" (Matthew 11:25-26).
    Did you admire the part where the kids were talking about martyring themselves?

It is religious faith of that caliber that causes people to fly jets into skyscrapers.
  10. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 13:30
    Has Jesus Camp made it onto South Park yet?
  11. Illinois
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 14:02
    Originally posted by rwingett

It is religious faith of that caliber that causes people to fly jets into skyscrapers.

I can't remember the exact words involved. It's been months since I rented that movie.

True. All I can say is, good thing Christ commanded his followers to, "love your neighbor as yourself," and "bless those who despitefully use you and persecute you," and "love your enemies," and "do good to those who hate you." Right?

It's funny hearing people in this thread feign worry over nothing. These kids would sooner die for you, than harm you in the least way. The army stuff is merely symbolic of the church's perennial battle with temptation and spiritual evils, not literally of militaristic significance.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places" (Ephesians 6:12).

No doubt even the children in the film were aware of this, so it's highly unlikely that your worries aren't feigned, unless I've underestimated you.
  12. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 15:36
    [b]Did you admire the part where the kids were talking about martyring themselves?

I can't remember the exact words involved. It's been months since I rented that movie.

True. All I can say is, good thing Christ commanded his followers to, "love y ...[text shortened]... ghly unlikely that your worries aren't feigned, unless I've underestimated you.[/b]
    Those children are utterly indoctrinated and therefore vulnerable to the whims of their teachers, teachers that are obviously militant and fundamentalist. They're as likely to take up arms against non-christians, as they are to praise Jesus. If you moved this story to Iraq you'd find the same thing, kids growing up as soldiers for fundamentalist causes and apologists like you suggesting they're full of god's love. They're not, they're full of misguided, immature zeal.

Very scary.
  13. Illinois
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 17:27
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Those children are utterly indoctrinated and therefore vulnerable to the whims of their teachers, teachers that are obviously militant and fundamentalist. They're as likely to take up arms against non-christians, as they are to praise Jesus. If you moved this story to Iraq you'd find the same thing, kids growing up as soldiers for fundamentalist causes an ...[text shortened]... of god's love. They're not, they're full of misguided, immature zeal.

Very scary.
    Take up arms against non-Christians? Little kids? Not a chance. Their teachers wouldn't even do that. Your fears are unfounded, assuming they are real and not feigned.
  14. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 18:04
    Your fears are unfounded, assuming they are real and not feigned.
    I seem to recall someone saying that just before they annexed the Sudetenland.
  15. Illinois
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 18:12
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I seem to recall someone saying that just before they annexed the Sudetenland.
    Annex of the Sudetenland? Wow, this movie really does have you shook!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree