1. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    15 Aug '07 04:02
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    I'm not a supporter of the religious right-wing, but I did admire the faith which those kids displayed. If Christ is the Truth, then those kids are far wiser than the most learned, godless scholars in the world. 😀

"I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will" (Matthew 11:25-26).
    Having grown up in churches very much like the ones on Jesus Camp, I can testify that when those kids spoke they were just parroting phrases they had heard a million times on Sundays . . . and Wednesdays . . . and probably a few other days of the week too.
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    15 Aug '07 04:24
    Originally posted by Varqa
    Let me tell you what is wrong with that. Why would a group of peace loving, cheek turning Christians contemplate martyrdom? What situation are these so called soldiers preparing for?
    Here's a link to a pretty well-known Christian pop song. It depicts a scenario that many of these sort of Christian's believe will happen very soon. Of course, it's total BS, but everyday of these people's lives is shaped with thoughts of the End Times. Granted the music is lame and the video runs kinda long (about 7 mins), but if you watch it all you get a real clear look into these Christian's persecution complex/fantasy.

YouTube
  3. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 02:12
    Also after watching that video, check out the comments left by previous viewers. What a hoot!!!
  4. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 09:26
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/magnolia/jesuscamp/trailer/
    This is why I usually dislike religion. 😞
  5. Illinois
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 19:502 edits
    Originally posted by telerion
    Here's a link to a pretty well-known Christian pop song. It depicts a scenario that many of these sort of Christian's believe will happen very soon. Of course, it's total BS, but everyday of these people's lives is shaped with thoughts of the End Times. Granted the music is lame and the video runs kinda long (about 7 mins), but if you watch it all you ge ...[text shortened]... se Christian's persecution complex/fantasy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB85VHP11kU
    Imagine it is Judgment Day:

God: "Why didn't you believe in My only Son, Jesus Christ, Whom I sent into the world in order to save you?" The unbeliever: "Because Your followers seemed like utter fools to me... Not to mention, Ray Boltz's hair creeped me out." God: "Even so, these 'fools' of Mine shall be ushered into My presence, and you shall be cast into outer darkness. Depart from Me."

Even the goofiest, craziest Christian, if his/her faith is genuine, will inherit eternal life. You may scoff and laugh at them now, but one day, if your mind does not change, the humiliating reality will hit you: those whom you once derided were actually the ones who got it right.

Ouch.

“"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and discard the intelligence of the intelligent.” So where does this leave the philosophers, the scholars, and the world’s brilliant debaters? God has made the wisdom of this world look foolish" (1 Cor. 1:19-20).
  6. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 21:11

God: "Why didn't you believe in My only Son, Jesus Christ, Whom I sent into the world in order to save you?" The unbeliever: "Because Your followers seemed like utter fools to me... Not to mention, Ray Boltz's hair creeped me out." God: "Even so, these 'fools' of Mine shall be ushered into My presence, and you shall be ca ...[text shortened]... iant debaters? God has made the wisdom of this world look foolish" (1 Cor. 1:19-20).
    Just wait until you meet the atheist-loving god on judgement day. He'll say, "Why did you believe in Jesus Christ." You'll say, "Because all my friends believed and so it seemed like the right thing to do." And he'll say, "But there was no good reason for such a belief. You were a fool. Now go to hell and suffer." Then you will realize just how naive and arrogant you were. You better change your ways soon or else.

BTW my criticisms of the video and the Christian complex/fantasy go much deeper than Ray's bad hair.
  7. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 21:141 edit

God: "Why didn't you believe in My only Son, Jesus Christ, Whom I sent into the world in order to save you?" The unbeliever: "Because Your followers seemed like utter fools to me... Not to mention, Ray Boltz's hair creeped me out." God: "Even so, these 'fools' of Mine shall be ushered into My presence, and you shall be ca iant debaters? God has made the wisdom of this world look foolish" (1 Cor. 1:19-20).
    It doesn't surprise me that god wants to do away with intelligence and scholastics, they lead to freedom of thought. You see god's a fool, instead of promoting freedom of thought and winning the game by encouragement and freedom of choice, he's tried to oppress that through the ages and force his flock to accept him. Pretty foolish really, but in the words of a drunk guy in a robe; who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool that follows him?
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '07 17:21
    Originally posted by Starrman
    It doesn't surprise me that god wants to do away with intelligence and scholastics, they lead to freedom of thought. You see god's a fool, instead of promoting freedom of thought and winning the game by encouragement and freedom of choice, he's tried to oppress that through the ages and force his flock to accept him. Pretty foolish really, but in the words of a drunk guy in a robe; who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool that follows him?
    !!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree