1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Dec '18 22:26
    @ThinkOfOne

C'mon jaywill. You've once again lost context of our discussion. My post was in response to your making as if I haven't been clear on my position. My post was to prove that I have made it clear many a time. The quoted text was provided as an example.

Your response is ineffectual. It only begs the question. It digs in its heels and restates your attitude - to apply an arbitrary filter to the New Testament.

Before reading it we know you reject a large portion of the New Testament in a vague way.

After reading it we know you reject a large portion of the New Testament in a vague way.

And after you repost it with a boast of having done so before, guess what?
    All we know on the Nth reading of it is that you reject a large portion of the New Testament in a vague way.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '18 22:35
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

C'mon jaywill. You've once again lost context of our discussion. My post was in response to your making as if I haven't been clear on my position. My post was to prove that I have made it clear many a time. The quoted text was provided as an example.

Your response is ineffectual. It only begs the question. It digs in its heels and restates y ...[text shortened]... now on the Nth reading of it is that you reject a large portion of the New Testament in a vague way.
    The sad thing is that you actually seem to believe that your responses make logical sense.

Like I said in the portion that you disingenuously omitted from your response:
    To compound it, you've once again addressed each statement in the example as if it were said in a vacuum. As I've repeatedly pointed out to you, you can't draw reasonable conclusions using that methodology. You do it with what other posters write. You do it with scripture.

As I wrote earlier:
    <<Unfortunately the vast majority of those rendered incapable of rationally discussing their "faith" believe themselves capable.>>

You've once again shown that that includes you.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Dec '18 22:46
    @dj2becker said
    Possibly you calling Hammond a liar without proof?
    OK.
    You do not know what slander is so that added to the confusion.
    You mean libel.

So either Mandela admitted to terrorism and every biography about him is wrong.
    Or he did not and your man is a liar.

So either Gandhi had sex with his sister and every biography about him leaves that nugget out.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Dec '18 22:54
    @wolfgang59 said
    OK.
    You do not know what slander is so that added to the confusion.
    You mean libel.

So either Mandela admitted to terrorism and every biography about him is wrong.

So either Gandhi had sex with his sister and every biography about him leaves that nugget out.
    Are you naive enough to believe that nothing is ever omitted from a biography?

Do you know the actual reasons for Mandela’s imprisonment?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Dec '18 23:47
    @dj2becker said

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm dying to hear this.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 00:32
    @dj2becker said
    Biographers write down EVERYTHING.
    They want to sell books.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 00:32
    @dj2becker said
    Income tax? I dunno.
    Educate me.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 04:46
    @suzianne said
    Me too...
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 17:241 edit
    @ThinkOfOne

The sad thing is that you actually seem to believe that your responses make logical sense.

Oh, don't be so sad. You can't expect to buffalo everybody.

There was no disingenuous omission.
    That I targeted certain things to discuss, is typical of this medium of discussion.

The submitted paragraphs are postured by you as clearing up your position on the ministry of Jesus while He walked on the earth. As far as I can see, it just restates the concept.

When you come down to it "the ministry of Jesus while He was on earth" simply means " What I like in the New Testament."

There's nothing too profound about it other then that.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 17:363 edits
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

Oh, don't be so sad. You can't expect to buffalo everybody.

There was no disingenuous omission.
    That I targeted certain things to discuss, is typi ...[text shortened]... ns " What I like in the New Testament."

There's nothing too profound about it other then that.
    C'mon jaywill. The point is that you keep missing the point and keep ignoring context - both of the immediate context as well as the discussion as a whole.

No doubt in your mind you don't. But the sad fact is that you do and are oblivious to this fact. Your pride blinds you.

It makes trying to have a rational discussion with you impossible.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 18:50
    @wolfgang59 said
    Income tax? I dunno.
    Educate me.
    So why are you calling Hammond a liar if you dunno?
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 18:50
    @wolfgang59 said
    Biographers write down EVERYTHING.
    They want to sell books.
    Everything that people want to hear.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 18:53
    @suzianne said
    Wolfgang just called Hammond a liar and when asked if he in fact knows the reasons for Mandela’s imprisomment he doesn’t know as suspected.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 23:15
    @dj2becker said
    So why are you calling Hammond a liar if you dunno?
    The two are not mutually exclusive.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 23:18
    @dj2becker said
    Wolfgang just called Hammond a liar and when asked if he in fact knows the reasons for Mandela’s imprisomment he doesn’t know as suspected.
    Why would I need to know?

If somebody tells me Jesus was 6 inches high and I call them a liar.
    I am supposed to know and prove what height Jesus was?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree