1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 06:541 edit
    @wolfgang59 said
    I have highlighted 3 blatant lies from the op text
    and given some information on the original author.

And this is your childish response?
    I guess so.

This is a convoluted world. Much, if not most, of what we hear is miss information filled with inconsistencies, half truths and outright lies.

If I say that Jesus Christ is the cornerstone of truth and righteousness you could point your finger at me and expose me for who and what I am with serious accusations, and they'd be true, but that won't change the truth about Jesus.

There are many in the pulpit who, if the truth were known, would be disqualified from ministry.

Aside from some inconsistencies in the man, can you point to any gross immorality or doctrinal error Hammond is involved in that would disqualify him from preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ?
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 09:09
    @secondson said
    I guess so.

This is a convoluted world. Much, if not most, of what we hear is miss information filled with inconsistencies, half truths and outright lies.

If I say that Jesus Christ is the cornerstone of truth and righteousness you could point your finger at me and expose me for who and what I am with serious accusations, and they'd be true, but that won't change the ...[text shortened]... al error Hammond is involved in that would disqualify him from preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ?
    I know Hammond personally and can vouch for him. It’s not uncommon for him to be persecuted for his faith.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 09:45
    @secondson said
    Aside from some inconsistencies in the man, can you point to any gross immorality or doctrinal error Hammond is involved in that would disqualify him from preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ?
    Outright lying.
    Is that not enough?
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 09:46
    @dj2becker said
    I know Hammond personally and can vouch for him. It’s not uncommon for him to be persecuted for his faith.
    I'm not persecuting him for his faith.
    Just saying he is a documented liar and has been condemned by some churches.
    Probably a nice guy.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 09:47
    And nobody has replied to my refutations of the original OP text......
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 09:48
    @dj2becker said
    Is this him?

http://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/author/ref=dbs_a_mng_awm_scns_share%3F_encoding=UTF8&asin=B002YPPHPM
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 10:411 edit
    @wolfgang59 said
    Outright lying.
    Is that not enough?
    If he has written something untrue I’m sure it wasn’t intentional. You have yet to provide any references for your claims.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 10:41
    @dj2becker said
    I got this article in an email and I would like to have your thoughts on it.

JESUS CHRIST CHANGED the WORLD

Transforming Time
    Jesus Christ changed the world forever. When He was born, He transformed the very way we measure time. He turned aside the river of the ages and lifted the centuries off their hinges. His birthday, His Incarnation, touched and transforme ...[text shortened]... aven.
    He endured what we deserve – that we might enjoy what only He deserves.

-Dr. Peter Hammond
    Like it and I'm not surprised at the responses your getting.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 10:44
    @wolfgang59 said
    I'm not persecuting him for his faith.
    Just saying he is a documented liar and has been condemned by some churches.
    Probably a nice guy.
    Which churches? What has he lied about?
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 11:54
    @dj2becker said
    Judging by what you posted by Hammond I can see why. The closer one is to the truth the greater the persecution.

Great couple of threads you've started lately dj.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 11:58
    @kellyjay said
    Like it and I'm not surprised at the responses your getting.
    The OP contains a list of claims posted in a debate forum populated by a broad mix of contributors. Your snooty scornful disdain for those posting differing views or contradictory evidence which grates against your preconceived perspectives does you no favors KellyJay.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 12:03
    @secondson said
    The closer one is to the truth the greater the persecution.
    I recognise this comment from my days in corporate Christianity and indeed outside of it. However it is a total fallacy to apply what is a truth to an extrapolation and bench-mark of persecution. People are horribly persecuted all over the world for all manner of reasons, faiths, political views, race, etc.

To assume that because one is persecuted, one is therefore a holder of the truth is a dangerous fallacious error. The JWs make a career out of this type of thinking.
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 12:08
    @divegeester said
    Is this him?

http://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/author/ref=dbs_a_mng_awm_scns_share%3F_encoding=UTF8&asin=B002YPPHPM
    It's "Him" in the OP.

Do you have a problem with what you didn't read there?

Ignoramus! 🙏 for you. With spiritual 💪. 🤦‍♂️
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 12:17
    @divegeester said
    I recognise this comment from my days in corporate Christianity and indeed outside of it. However it is a total fallacy to apply what is a truth to an extrapolation and bench-mark of persecution. People are horribly persecuted all over the world for all manner of reasons, faiths, political views, race, etc.

To assume that because one is persecuted, one is therefore a ...[text shortened]... r of the truth is a dangerous fallacious error. The JWs make a career out of this type of thinking.
    I suppose you believe Jesus was executed for sedition as FMF says.

Of course people are persecuted for all manner of reasons Mr. Obvious, but your inference is out of context. Besides that, you are acutely unaware of the statistics involving the persecution of Christians.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 12:17
    @secondson said
    It's "Him" in the OP.

Do you have a problem with what you didn't read there?

Ignoramus! 🙏 for you. With spiritual 💪. 🤦‍♂️
    When you pray for your god to "get me", do you ever feel convicted of your loathing of me Joseph?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree