1. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 02:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    Whether anyone was paid to do the work is a red herring, roigam. Was the NWT translation commissioned, translated and published by the JW organization? In so far as it differs from other translations, are these differences in any way related to points of difference between JW doctrine and mainstream Christian doctrine and the Bibles used by those Christians?
    The NWT is a superior translation as it uses the most up-to-date scrolls and information available. Other Bibles are based on the partially known and extremely biased information of the dark ages.
    Nothing personal as it was the best they could do in the middle ages.
    Does that mean we should ignore what we have learnd about God's Word and purposes?
    (Galatians 4:16) So, then, have I become your enemy because I tell you the truth?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 02:43
    Originally posted by roigam
    The NWT is a superior translation as it uses the most up-to-date scrolls and information available. Other Bibles are based on the partially known and extremely biased information of the dark ages.
    Nothing personal as it was the best they could do in the middle ages.
    Does that mean we should ignore what we have learnd about God's Word and purposes?
    (Galatians 4:16) So, then, have I become your enemy because I tell you the truth?
    That's just a generic sales pitch, roigam. I asked you a specific two part question. here it is again:

[1] Was the NWT translation commissioned, translated and published by the JW organization?

[2] In so far as it differs from other translations, are these differences in any way related to points of difference between JW doctrine and mainstream Christian doctrine and the Bibles used by those Christians?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 02:52
    (Isaiah 43:11) I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.”
    Actually Jehovah is the most worthy part of the process as He provided
    His only begotten Son Christ Jesus as our Savior.
    Being as how you believe Jesus is an angel and not God, you must have two saviours Jehovah and Jesus, despite you quoting Isaiah where Jehovah says "beside me there is no saviour".

And you JWs wonder why you get so much stick in here.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 02:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Perhaps some archaic version written in the middle ages by a group of men ripping off the Latin Vulgate with no more than a handful of Greek manuscripts to their name, what was that called again? oh yeah, the King James version, the same King James that burnt ten women under the auspices that they were witches because he thought they induced a storm which almost prevented him for reaching his destination!
    How many saviours do you have?
  5. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 03:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    That's just a generic sales pitch, roigam. I asked you a specific two part question. here it is again:

[1] Was the NWT translation commissioned, translated and published by the JW organization?

[2] In so far as it differs from other translations, are these differences in any way related to points of difference between JW doctrine and mainstream Christian doctrine and the Bibles used by those Christians?
    Yes, just as all other translation were commisioned, etc.

No, it's in the Bible.
    Many others believe pagan teachings that are not in the Bible.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 03:06
    No, it's in the Bible.
    Is your "no" in answer to this question?...

In so far as [the NWT] differs from other translations, are these differences in any way related to points of difference between JW doctrine and mainstream Christian doctrine and the Bibles used by those Christians?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 03:08
    The NWT is a superior translation as it uses the most up-to-date scrolls and information available.
    Do the JWs have, then, different "scrolls" available to them than other Christians?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 03:09
  9. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 03:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Only one. The one provided by our Creator Jehovah God.
    (Acts 4:11, 12) This is ‘the stone that was treated by you builders as of no account that has become the chief cornerstone.’ 12 Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 03:112 edits
    Only one. The one provided by our Creator Jehovah God.
    (Acts 4:11, 12) This is ‘the stone that was treated by you builders as of no account that has become the chief cornerstone.’ 12 Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”
    So Jesus is you your saviour after all then! And it's Jehovah who's not?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 03:12
    Our NWT is dedicated to Jehovah God, Our Creator, and nobody was paid for the
    translation.
    If someone put it to you that the New World Bible translation committee, which worked on the translation, had, as its members, no known translators with recognized degrees in Greek or Hebrew exegesis or translation and that none of them had graduated from university, would you say that was a true observation?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 03:13
    The NWT is a superior translation as it uses the most up-to-date scrolls and information available.
    When are you claiming these "up-to-date scrolls" were written? And in what way, exactly, are they "up-to-date"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree