1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 19:21
    Matthew 7

Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

Jesus made a clarification about the Law in Matthew 15

Peter said, “Explain the parable to us.”

16 “Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them. 17 “Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18 But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20 These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 20:12
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Matthew 7

Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

Jesus made a clarification about the Law in Matthew 15

Peter said, “Explain the parable t ...[text shortened]... lander. 20 These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”
    Every little point that crosses your mind does not warrant a new thread. Maybe the mods should limit the amount of new threads one could start. In your case about 2 per year would be appropriate 😀
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 20:27
    Luke 17

17 He said to His disciples, “It is inevitable that stumbling blocks come, but woe to him through whom they come! 2 It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea, than that he would cause one of these little ones to stumble. 3 Be on your guard! If your brother sins, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. 4 And if he sins against you seven times a day, and returns to you seven times, saying, ‘I repent,’ forgive him.”

How many of those who claim to be Christian around here would rebuke a fellow Christian due to sexual immorality?

Jesus instructs you to do so.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 20:28
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Every little point that crosses your mind does not warrant a new thread. Maybe the mods should limit the amount of new threads one could start. In your case about 2 per year would be appropriate 😀
    This one is for the Jesus says crowd.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 20:57
    This one is for the Jesus says crowd.
    Stating what Jesus said is one thing and an admirable one too. But asking people whether or not they actually do what Jesus says is just you being nosy, and out of place.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 21:03
    Stating what Jesus said is one thing and an admirable one too. But asking people whether or not they actually do what Jesus says is just you being nosy, and out of place.
    Asking people who claim to be Christian is not a problem. I would not bother asking those who do not. They are purely God's concern. Jesus tells us to rebuke believers who sin. Not following Jesus' instruction is a sin. In essence you claim I should sin.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 21:15
    Asking people who claim to be Christian is not a problem. I would not bother asking those who do not. They are purely God's concern. Jesus tells us to rebuke believers who sin. Not following Jesus' instruction is a sin. In essence you claim I should sin.
    There is no instruction from Jesus to go chase after people [even brothers] who commit sins.

The passage you quoted pertains to sins against you... YOU [ie a personal matter between you and your brother], and it is about the number of times that you are to forgive if your brother repents .. basically forgive your brother indefinitely

You on the other hand are like the Ayatollah, looking for reasons to cut off someones hand or foot for their sins.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 21:47
    There is no instruction from Jesus to go chase after people [even brothers] who commit sins.

The passage you quoted pertains to sins against you... YOU [ie a personal matter between you and your brother], and it is about the number of times that you are to forgive if your brother repents .. basically forgive your brother indefinitely

You on the other ...[text shortened]... and are like the Ayatollah, looking for reasons to cut off someones hand or foot for their sins.
    I am not chasing after people. I am asking those like Suzi who have lambasted me for calling sin a sin. Jesus says to rebuke sin as I have.

Of course you are not a Christian so I doubt you understand.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 22:26
    I am not chasing after people. I am asking those like Suzi who have lambasted me for calling sin a sin. Jesus says to rebuke sin as I have.

Of course you are not a Christian so I doubt you understand.
    Jesus said no such thing. Please quote the passage. Your Luke 17:3 passages says this:

Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.
    (Luke 17:3 KJV)

IF YOUR BROTHER TRESPASS AGAINST YOU.

Did anyone here on RHP commit homosexuality against YOU ?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 22:31
    Jesus said no such thing. Please quote the passage. Your Luke 17:3 passages says this:

Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.
    (Luke 17:3 KJV)

IF YOUR BROTHER TRESPASS AGAINST YOU.

Did anyone here on RHP commit homosexuality against YOU ?
    Those who claim that speaking the truth is sinful bear false witness.

This means that I will forgive you and Suzi after you repent.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 22:51
    Those who claim that speaking the truth is sinful bear false witness.

This means that I will forgive you and Suzi after you repent.
    You are a kind of dummy. you got caught with your pants misquoting Christ.
    Nowhere did he say to go correct those who sin.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 23:04
    You are a kind of dummy. you got caught with your pants misquoting Christ.
    Nowhere did he say to go correct those who sin.
    No, I am speaking the truth and pointing out that each time you think you have caught me on a technicality you really haven't.

Pretty much every active poster. Who claims to follow the Bible at all bears false witness against me by claiming the Bible lies because the spirit within them says otherwise.

Everyone has sinned against me so technically speaking falls under your gotcha attempt.

Sorry to burst your bubble. Actually I am not and I will be glad to lead you to Christ should you ever wish. Same goes for Suzi and Sonship too.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 23:41
    No, I am speaking the truth and pointing out that each time you think you have caught me on a technicality you really haven't.

Pretty much every active poster. Who claims to follow the Bible at all bears false witness against me by claiming the Bible lies because the spirit within them says otherwise.

Everyone has sinned against me so technically speak ...[text shortened]... d I will be glad to lead you to Christ should you ever wish. Same goes for Suzi and Sonship too.
    Do I really have to post the parable of the Pharisee and the publican again?
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 23:50
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Do I really have to post the parable of the Pharisee and the publican again?
    Why would you feel the need to do that? Are you judging me?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jan '18 02:20
    Why would you feel the need to do that? Are you judging me?
    Because you are the Pharisee here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree