1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 23:16
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    What you mean to say is that it would entertain you to see Christians going at it hammer and tongs.
    No. It would simply be interesting for you to be clear about whether you believe abortion and homosexual sex are "sins".

I don't care whether you state your answer calmly or whether you state it in a hammer and tongs way.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 23:17
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Saved you from what? Being dead and having eternal life?
    You really don't know? What kind of Christian are you?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 23:23
    Originally posted by @fmf
    No. It would simply be interesting for you to be clear about whether you believe abortion and homosexual sex are "sins".

I don't care whether you state your answer calmly or whether you state it in a hammer and tongs way.
    Admit it, you get a giggle whenever Christians fight over stuff in this forum. It's what you live for. It makes your day. And then you still jump in to stoke that fire higher.

I've been clear. You just want something in black and white that you can point to in future to goad more Christians. I'm not going to respond to this "under pressure" from you or anybody else. Besides, your brand of "pressure", while disgustingly slick and slimy, only makes me laugh. It's so "you".
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 23:38
    I'm not going to respond to this "under pressure" from you or anybody else. Besides, your brand of "pressure", while disgustingly slick and slimy, only makes me laugh. It's so "you".
    I'm not sure why you'd laugh about serious but straightforward questions. Abortion. Homosexual sex. Both Eladar and sonship, for example, have been unflinchingly clear about their Christian beliefs on these two issues. Why do you think being asked about them is putting you "under pressure"?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 23:59
    You really don't know? What kind of Christian are you?
    I am not a mind reader. I just want to know what he means.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 00:561 edit
    I am not a mind reader. I just want to know what he means.
    He's a Christian, Eladar, and if so are you, you know what he means.

Put away your "he's a liberal, and so what he means is the opposite of what I think it means" BS. You know what he means.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 01:56
    Saved you from what? Being dead and having eternal life?
    Saved you from what?

He is saving me from "this present evil age" (Gal. 1:4) .
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 02:11
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Saved you from what?

He is saving me from [b]"this present evil age" (Gal. 1:4)
    .[/b]
    Yet you embrace evil if you support abortion and gay marriage.
  9. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 03:00
    Luke 17

17 He said to His disciples, “It is inevitable that stumbling blocks come, but woe to him through whom they come! 2 It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea, than that he would cause one of these little ones to stumble. 3 Be on your guard! If your brother sins, rebuke him; and if he repent ...[text shortened]... here would rebuke a fellow Christian due to sexual immorality?

Jesus instructs you to do so.
    There is some truth to this.

The thing is... "rebuke" is a bit strong of a word. You should let people know that they are in the wrong but the idea that I can bear over them and force them into some position against their will is wrong. Our tradition believes that we can make deviations from canonical law to aid people in their journey to God.

Let's not rebuke people over whom we have no authority!

A father has every right to scold his daughter or his son. A grandparent has some right to give a lighter scolding to his grandchildren.

But, who am I? If you are not my child I can only speak to you as a "fellow human." And if you do not accept the premise of God, and you are not a Christian, what can I say to you at all?

"Follow my religious beliefs, even though you reject them...?" That is hardly persuasive. For many, we have to start on a more basic level.

Some people are fortunate to grow up in good homes that know Christ. Others are in homes where Christ's name is spoken much, but none of it is to the credit of Christ and the edification of the listener. Others, still, have circumstances even more distant from Christ.

Let's not rebuke people we don't know. I won't interfere with someone disciplining their kid or angered at their best friend or someone they have some deep relationship with and whom they are heavily invested in. That is their own business.

But for everyone else... we need to not judge them, and to be merciful, and to be understanding, and work to convince them of the right path to take...

And, needless to say, while that is very liberal, let me be very conservative for a second: and we must never equivocate or backdown from the truth that you point out that sexual immorality is very bad.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 03:251 edit
    Originally posted by @jacob-verville
    There is some truth to this.

The thing is... "rebuke" is a bit strong of a word. You should let people know that they are in the wrong but the idea that I can bear over them and force them into some position against their will is wrong. Our tradition believes that we can make deviations from canonical law to aid people in their journey to God.
    ...[text shortened]... ver equivocate or backdown from the truth that you point out that sexual immorality is very bad.
    Paul says to rebuke those who claim to be Christian.

In this forum we have people who claim to be Christian but deny the truth of the Bible. As a matter of fact that would describe most who claim the mantle of Christian in this forum.
  11. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 06:09
    Of course, debate them and correct them, awlays, if that is the case.

We cannot have people condoning bad behavior and claiming that this is an acceptable facet of Christianity.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jan '18 20:174 edits
    Yet you embrace evil if you support abortion and gay marriage.
    The mind set on the flesh is enmity against God (Rom. 8:7).

That means that even if I was strongly opposed to abortions and gay "marriages" and walk with the mind not set on the Spirit in my regenerated spirit, I would still be at "enmity with God."

Enmity with God means to behave as an enemy of God.
    Did you know that with your mind set on the flesh you could be at enmity against God?

Did you know that those who are in the flesh cannot please God regardless of what they are vehemently against ? Says a liberal ? No, says the word of God in Romans 8:

"For those who are according to the flesh mind the things of the flesh; but those who are acording to the spirit, the things of the spirit. (v.5)

For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the spirit is life and peace. (v.6)

Because the mind set on the flesh is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, for neither can it be. (v.7)

And those who are in the flesh cannot please God." (v.8)

This is why some people though they may have their minds set on the "good" flesh and be opposed to some sins, cannot please God, are at enmity against God, cannot be in life and peace, cannot minister to anyone life and peace, and cannot be subject to the law of God either.

I don't want to be like this.
    Do you?
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '18 20:22
    Originally posted by @sonship
    The mind set on the flesh is enmity against God [b](Rom. 8:7).

That means that even if I was strongly opposed to abortions and gay "marriages" and walk with the mind not set on the Spirit in my regenerated spirit, I would still be at "enmity with God."

Enmity with God means to behave as an enemy of God.
    Did you know that with your mind se ...[text shortened]... peace, and cannot be subject to the law of God either.

I don't want to be like this.
    Do you?[/b]
    So you agree that homosexuality and abortions are immoral evil behaviors.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jan '18 20:30
    Ladies and gentleman, King Saul put all of the witches OUT of Israel. He had to have been zealous to get rid of them because of the law of God.

King Saul was pathetically at enmity with God. So much so that even a witch had to put her arm around him and comfort him.

Can you imagine that? He became so pitiful in rebellion that even the witch felt sorry for him to cheer him up.

Read it in First Samuel 28 paying special attention to verses 20 on.

You see God had told King Saul that rebellion was AS the sin of WITCHCRAFT (1 Sam. 15:23). He had gotten rid of the witches of the land but was stubborn and rebellious to walk with God anyway.

"Lord may I never fall into that pitiful state."
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jan '18 20:311 edit
    So you agree that homosexuality and abortions are immoral evil behaviors.
    So you agree also that to not set the mind on the Spirit in the regenerated spirit is for the Christian to be at enmity against God ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree