1. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    30 Mar '05 21:04
    If the OT saints are in hell, how could Moses and Elijah be with
    Jesus during the Transfiguration? Or, how could the beggar Lazarus
    be in the bosom of Abraham?

By OT saints I mean those who weren't taken up to Heaven before they died but still believed in God. They resided in Paradise (Abraham's Bosom) in Hades, apart from the suffering heathens, awaiting Jesus' conquering of sin to take them up to Heaven. Elijah was translated and there is evidence Moses was, too, since no one knew where he was buried and he "died" after meeting with the Lord.

Which parable is BlindFaith101 thinking of, because it sure sounds like
    he is talking about the 'here and now?'

He's thinking of the Lazarus parable.

2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    30 Mar '05 22:31
    Originally posted by Darfius
    [b]If the OT saints are in hell, how could Moses and Elijah be with
    Jesus during the Transfiguration? Or, how could the beggar Lazarus
    be in the bosom of Abraham?

By OT saints I mean those who weren't taken up to Heaven before they died but still believed in God. They resided in Paradise (Abraham's Bosom) in Hades, apart from the suffering heat ...[text shortened]... ike
    he is talking about the 'here and now?'[/b]

He's thinking of the Lazarus parable.

[/b]
    What sort of drugs are you on?
    Is this some special CIA stash you've stumbled across?

Let's share!
  3. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    30 Mar '05 23:18
    By OT saints I mean those who weren't taken up to Heaven before they died but still believed in God. They resided in Paradise (Abraham's Bosom) in Hades, apart from the suffering heathens, awaiting Jesus' conquering of sin to take them up to Heaven.
    I've never heard this before. What is your Scriptural support for
    this, this 'Paradise in Hades?'

Nemesio
  4. Graceland.
    Moves
    30 Mar '05 23:26
    Kinda off topic, but noticed a trend.

Always the same group of Christians defending Jesus against the athiest and then the same group of 'Christians' shooting these Christians down.

Is it just me or is this rather odd ? Afterall 2 brothers claim to love their mother. Some punk comes along and tells them that their mother is a slapper. The two brothers certainly don't like each other, but this common attack on someone they love bonds them together to beat the crap outa this guy first, then argue about their differences afterwards. Is logic then that the brother that joins up with the guy that insulted his mother and instead helps beat up his brother not unusual behaviour ? Does he indeed love his mother or is beating up his brother more important ?

Each to his own I guess. 😉
  5. Not Kansas
    Moves
    31 Mar '05 02:45
    We (born-again Christians) will not be able to observe people in hell. The parable blind is thinking of is when the Old Testament saints still abided in Hades, waiting for Jesus to free them for their faith. There the OT saints could watch the damned suffer.
    I wish you born-agains would get your stories straight; here we have one claiming the elect watch the damned and you claiming no, but they used to do things that way. Or something.
    Where's the spirituality? The calming waters of the Budda poured on troubled souls?
    Sounds like a damn frat house in your idea of heaven.
  6. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    31 Mar '05 04:56
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes;and their shall be no more death neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
    REVELATION 21:4
    That's what GOD has promised for all those that Believe and Trust HIM through HIS SO ...[text shortened]... JESUS CHRIST. That is why he has given us freedom of choice, of where we want to spend eternity.
    But I am still confused.

Earlier we were told that you could watch the damned sizzling in hell from a good comfy sofa in heaven. Now you are telling me that on arrival in heaven, all is joy and happiness...even though we are sitting comfortably watching our damned friends being made into French fries below.

Does this mean that your god destroys our compassion for our fellows...
  7. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    31 Mar '05 06:44
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    But I am still confused.

Earlier we were told that you could watch the damned sizzling in hell from a good comfy sofa in heaven. Now you are telling me that on arrival in heaven, all is joy and happiness...even though we are sitting comfortably watching our damned friends being made into French fries below.

Does this mean that your god destroys our compassion for our fellows...
    There are those choices, that we all make. If you chose to burn for forever, should I pity you. That was your GOD given choice.
  8. Standard memberAynat
    Dog Companion
    Rain Forest
    Moves
    31 Mar '05 07:521 edit
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    But I am still confused.

Earlier we were told that you could watch the damned sizzling in hell from a good comfy sofa in heaven. Now you are telling me that on arrival in heaven, all is joy and happiness...even though we are sitting ...[text shortened]... this mean that your god destroys our compassion for our fellows...
    Generally speaking, I am not into the whole heaven/hell thing. Life tends to keep me both busy and sufficently confused. But, what the heck....

What if.....there is another choice?

What if those saintly couch potatoes were offered the opportunity to alleviate the suffering below? What if it was a kind of test of the capacity to practice sacrificial love?

What if the saintly couch surfers were allowed to take the place of a sufferer?

9. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    01 Apr '05 03:44
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    It’s quite funny how I actually stumbled upon this little truth, let me share with you.

I was thinking about all the born-again, 7th day Adventist, right-wing, pro-life, anti-abortion, anti-catholic Christians who frequent this site and their constant drive to save more souls.
    Sometimes, it’s like they’re specifically calling out to me: “Shavixmir…jo ...[text shortened]... us is no longer in Heaven, but has in fact taken up residency in Hell.

How wrong could I be?

Shavix, you have become a commercial writer ....... and this product is badly written on top of that ...... and you know it !
  10. Standard memberUna
    Solacriptura
    Moves
    01 Apr '05 04:421 edit
    It’s quite funny how I actually stumbled upon this little truth, let me share with you.

I was thinking about all the born-again, 7th day Adventist, right-wing, pro-life, anti-abortion, anti-catholic Christians who frequent this site a ...[text shortened]... has in fact taken up residency in Hell.

How wrong could I be?
    The only part you were right in is:
    "If I accepted Jesus as my one true saviour and greatest invention since bubbles in beer, then I’ll end up in Heaven. With the Christian, born-again, right-wing community! Won’t I"

Yep accepting Jesus is the only way there, look out...you are starting to figure it out....

BTW, He was before bubbles in beer
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    01 Apr '05 05:48
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

Shavix, you have become a commercial writer ....... and this product is badly written on top of that ...... and you know it !
    Are you suggesting someone is paying me for my writing, Ivanhoe?

If only!

and my only defense of the quality of the product is....at least it isn't copied and bloody pasted!
  12. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    01 Apr '05 05:49
    Originally posted by Una
    The only part you were right in is:
    "If I accepted Jesus as my one true saviour and greatest invention since bubbles in beer, then I’ll end up in Heaven. With the Christian, born-again, right-wing community! Won’t I"

Yep accepting Jesus is the only way there, look out...you are starting to figure it out....

BTW, He was before bubbles in beer
    You miss the point Una.
    Yes, I have figured it out. And no, there's no way in Hell am I even considering spending eternity with you lot.
  13. Joined
    05 Feb '04
    Moves
    19 Apr '05 00:40
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    Why are there no Scientologists on this site? Do they not like chess?
    so are you a clear or a pre-clear?
  14. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    19 Apr '05 01:051 edit
    Are you suggesting someone is paying me for my writing, Ivanhoe?

If only!

and my only defense of the quality of the product is....at least it isn't copied and bloody pasted!
    You know what Nina Hagen said about her songs, don't you ?

" .... besser gut geklaut als schlecht komponiert "

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree