1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 19:48
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17328478/site/newsweek/

Oughtta be an interesting show on March 4.
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 20:01
    Originally posted by no1marauder

Yes, I just saw that on the bbc website: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6397373.stm

The thing that made me laugh was the end of the article:

'Local residents said they were pleased with the attention the tomb has drawn.

"It will mean our house prices will go up because Christians will want to live here," one woman said.'
  3. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 20:061 edit

Interesting ? ..... More nonsense since this silly claim that Mary Magdalene married Jesus ...... oh well, the masses need "interesting" entertainment ..... 😴
  4. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 20:06
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Yes, I just saw that on the bbc website: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6397373.stm

The thing that made me laugh was the end of the article:

'Local residents said they were pleased with the attention the tomb has drawn.

"It will mean our house prices will go up because Christians will want to live here," one woman said.'
    😵 😉
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 20:09
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Interesting ? ..... More nonsense since this silly claim that Mary Magdalene married Jesus ...... oh well, the masses need "interesting" entertainment ..... 😴
    Jesus used "interesting entertainment" and liked the "masses" if the Gospels are to be believed. Why should you be such an elitist snob?
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 22:281 edit
    Jesus used "interesting entertainment" and liked the "masses" if the Gospels are to be believed. Why should you be such an elitist snob?
    He so liked masses that He sometimes avoided them. He refused to be made a king by a crowd that wanted to coronate Him on the spot.

He so liked masses that after three and a half years He only had 120 left in the upper room waiting for His promise of the coming of the Holy Spirit. What a sensation. After all those miracles and feedings, only 120 faithful followers left.

And all the sensational entertainment He offered them - like this sensational crowd pleaser:

"And there were great crowds going along with Him, and He turned and said to them, If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, and moreover, even his own soul-life, he cannot be My disciple" (Luke 14:26)

Great etertainment! Sold out tickets!
  7. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 23:20
    Originally posted by jaywill
    He so liked masses that He sometimes avoided them. He refused to be made a king by a crowd that wanted to coronate Him on the spot.

He so liked masses that after three and a half years He only had 120 left in the upper room waiting for His promise of the coming of the Holy Spirit. What a sensation. After all those miracles and feedings, only 120 faithf ...[text shortened]... l-life, he cannot be My disciple" (Luke 14:26)

Great etertainment! Sold out tickets![/b]
    Ah, I love the smell of Christian church propaganda in the morning!
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 00:57
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Ah, I love the smell of Christian church propaganda in the morning!
    We all know that you love it and live for it.
  9. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 02:221 edit
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    I disagree with you here, it was the misogyny of St. Paul and the Roman church, especially under the Emperor Constantine, that diminished her role within the Christian canon. Certainly the accusation that she was a prostitute sounds like just the kind of thing that they'd say to try to write someone out of history. The fact that they were unsuccessful indicate to me that there was a very strong relationship between Jesus and Mary Magdalen. Maybe they were lovers, after all in your canon Jesus was a part of God incarnated as a man and to make that true he would have to experience the full range of human experience.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 07:492 edits
    Originally posted by jaywill

He so liked masses that after three and a half years He only had 120 left in the upper room waiting for His promise of the coming of the Holy Spirit. What a sensation. After all those miracles and feedings, only 120 faithf l-life, he cannot be My disciple" (Luke 14:26)

Great etertainment! Sold out tickets![/b]
    For someone who claims to have made a life long study of the Bible, you don't seem to know anything about Jesus' ministry. There are 35 public miracles ("interesting entertainment"😉 given in the Gospels. And perhaps you missed Matthew 4:23-25 as regards the "masses":

23 And Jesus went about in all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of disease and all manner of sickness among the people.

24 And the report of him went forth into all Syria: and they brought unto him all that were sick, holden with divers diseases and torments, possessed with demons, and epileptic, and palsied; and he healed them.

25 And there followed him great multitudes from Galilee and Decapolis and Jerusalem and Judaea and from beyond the Jordan.

Maybe you meant that you studied the binding of your Bible, not the words contained within. Or maybe you're relying on Witness Lee heretical doctrines again.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 08:21
    Maybe you meant that you studied the binding of your Bible, not the words contained within.
    Hahaha!
  12. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 08:221 edit
    I disagree with you here, it was the misogyny of St. Paul and the Roman church, especially under the Emperor Constantine, that diminished her role within the Christian canon.
    Do you have any sources to back this up?

(I'm very interested in this topic).
  13. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 09:44
    You sure know how to twist someone's comments, snakeface ..... 😲
  14. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 09:47
    I disagree with you here, it was the misogyny of St. Paul and the Roman church, especially under the Emperor Constantine, that diminished her role within the Christian canon. Certainly the accusation that she was a prostitute sounds like just the kind of thing that they'd say to try to write someone out of history. The fact that they were unsuccessful ...[text shortened]... as a man and to make that true he would have to experience the full range of human experience.
    Speculations and speculations and more speculations ......
  15. London
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 10:04
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Do you have any sources to back this up?

(I'm very interested in this topic).
    Da Vinci Code.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree