Jesus

Jesus "verses" Paul - NOT

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Mar 16

This is a challenge for anyone to demonstrate significant and serious discrepancies between the teaching of Jesus in the four Gospels and the teaching in the epistles of Paul and his messages in the book of Acts.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Mar 16

Originally posted by sonship
This is a challenge for anyone to demonstrate significant and serious discrepancies between the teaching of Jesus in the four Gospels and the teaching in the epistles of Paul and his messages in the book of Acts.
Assuming none of the Christians will contend with you on this topic, I take it you are challenging atheists who are also Biblical scholars?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Mar 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Assuming none of the Christians will contend with you on this topic, I take it you are challenging atheists who are also Biblical scholars?
I wrote "anyone" -

No atheists on this Forum offer much more except argument by yawning, when it comes to the contents of the New Testament.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Mar 16

This perception that many have that there is such a discrepancy, is the result of Christians such as yourself that preach that Paul says that as long as you profess your faith ie believe in Christ with your mouth, you are saved eternally. Christ said no such thing therefore there is this discrepancy.

Anyone who truly understands the teachings of Christ and the Apostles will know that ALL preach the same basic doctrine ... as follows:

- that the key to eternal life is love and charity - NOT FAITH.
- that Love is the fulfillment of the Law - NOT FAITH.
- that the greatest thing is Love - NOT FAITH.
- that Christ will judge on the basis of how well we are able to love your neighbour - NOT ON FAITH.
- that faith will one day end but NOT LOVE.

Your doctrine is misleading to those who dont know better and, annoying to those who do.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Mar 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
This perception that many have that there is such a discrepancy, is the result of Christians such as yourself that preach that Paul says that as long as you profess your faith ie believe in Christ with your mouth, you are saved eternally. Christ said no such thing therefore there is this discrepancy.

Anyone who truly understands the teachings of Christ a ...[text shortened]... OVE.

Your doctrine is misleading to those who dont know better and, annoying to those who do.
You don't read my detailed posts. You said so!
So I no longer read yours.

Let's keep it that way.

T

Moves
16 Mar 16

This is a challenge for anyone....

Evidently what you really meant was "ANYONE but Rajk999...". and presumably anyone else who knows the Bible well enough to cut through your nonsense.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Mar 16

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
[b]This is a challenge for anyone....

Evidently what you really meant was "ANYONE but Rajk999...". and presumably anyone else who knows the Bible well enough to cut through your nonsense.[/b]
Rajk999 is too rude. He said he won't read my writing. So why should I bother trying to explain anything to him?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Mar 16

" ... presumably anyone else who knows the Bible well enough to cut through your nonsense.

What nonsense ? Be specific and related to the topic.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
16 Mar 16

Rather than talk about their poetry wouldn't a better debate be -

Jesus VERSUS Paul ? πŸ™„

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Mar 16

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Rather than talk about their poetry wouldn't a better debate be -

Jesus VERSUS Paul ? πŸ™„
I know an expert on vertigo. You really should go have those rolling eyes checked out. You may have an imbalance in your inner ear.

T

Moves
16 Mar 16

Rajk999 is too rude. He said he won't read my writing. So why should I bother trying to explain anything to him?
I found it amusing how you proudly issued a challenge to ANYONE in the OP and then quickly found an excuse to sidestep Rajk999's answer to your challenge.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Mar 16
3 edits

I found it amusing how you proudly issued a challenge to ANYONE in the OP and then quickly found an excuse to sidestep Rajk999's answer to your challenge.
Are you smiling from ear to ear in this amusement ?
Do your cheeks ache ?

Rajk999 can write whatever he wants. As he said he won't read my detailed posts, I recipricate.

Any substance today or just amusement about procedural stuff ?
What does the truth make us now ?

C'mon - "the truth shall make you _________________". What is it ?
The truth shall make you free ! Your very favorite verse in John.

Show me how Romans contradicts that if you have such a case.
I got the thing with "Hey, how come anyone is not anyone ??"

T

Moves
16 Mar 16

" ... presumably anyone else who knows the Bible well enough to cut through your nonsense.

What nonsense ? Be specific and related to the topic.
C'mon jaywill. As I and others have pointed out to you more than a few times: the way you go off on unrelated tangents, the way you sidestep the points of others by disingenuously addressing individual sentences as if they were said in a vacuum, your poor reading comprehension, the way you cobble together individual verses (or portions of verses) out of context from disparate sources and pretend that together they were meant to convey some otherwise hidden meaning, etc.

When these types of things are explained to you, you do the same with the explanations. It makes it pointless to try to have a rational discussion with you. I've given up trying.

T

Moves
16 Mar 16
2 edits

Are you smiling from ear to ear in this amusement ?
Do your cheeks ache ?

Rajk999 can write whatever he wants. As he said he won't read my detailed posts, I recipricate.

Any substance today or just amusement about procedural stuff ?
What does the truth make us now ?

C'mon - "the truth shall make you _________________". What is it ?
The ...[text shortened]... u have such a case.
I got the thing with "Hey, how come anyone is not anyone ??"
You certainly are prideful. In order for the truth to make you free, you're going to have to find a way to lose that.

BTW, my cheeks ARE a bit sore.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Mar 16
3 edits

C'mon jaywill. As I and others have pointed out to you more than a few times: the way you go off on unrelated tangents, the way you sidestep the points of others by disingenuously addressing individual sentences as if they were said in a vacuum, your poor reading comprehension, the way you cobble together individual verses (or portions of verses) out of c ...[text shortened]... ions. It makes it pointless to try to have a rational discussion with you. I've given up trying.
You don't evade questions ThinkOfOne ?

ThinkOfOne, Tell me, what in the New Testament do you regard as the teaching of Jesus ? Do you just take the red letters in the red letter NT to be the teaching of Jesus ?

Do you take the Apostle Peter's sermons in the book of Acts to be Jesus' teaching too ?

Remember now, me, I evade and go on tangents. But not you boy! So I await the answer I have asked before and never gotten a clear reply. Here's your chance to show me how its done.